• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Wiggum2007

Fixed that for you since we know you meant Julie. Anyway to my point. I actually liked her. I feel Miranda didn't get enough time to really be fleshed out unlike her dad who got a whole book to be fleshed out in. The character though I did like. I felt with the few lines Julie got she did a good job. Course the switch between 2 and 3 also wasn't that bad and doesn't bug me really. The new actress that played Miranda in 3 sounded a lot like Julie I felt.

I do wish they had given Miranda time to be fleshed out though in one of the books. Everyone else in the games has gotten time in Novels, comics, etc. She never did. That's one reason I think the character gets a lot of the flak she does.

Remember in the original draft of the Halo 2 story, I think it was something like Miranda and a squad of her ODSTs, in retaliation for her dad's death welded a bomb to Master Chief's back and tossed him down a shaft on Delta Halo, and that's where you'd first come in contact with the Gravemind.

But then that got scrapped and she became the most bland non-character that ever was.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Remember in the original draft of the Halo 2 story, I think it was something like Miranda and a squad of her ODSTs, in retaliation for her dad's death welded a bomb to Master Chief's back and tossed him down a shaft on Delta Halo, and that's where you'd first come in contact with the Gravemind.

But then that got scrapped and she became the most bland non-character that ever was.
Holy shit.

I heard that Jason Jones was a little bit mad at an ex girlfriend or something at the time.

FyreWulff

Holy shit.

I heard that Jason Jones was a little bit mad at an ex girlfriend or something at the time.

Yeah, Staten talks about it in the Halo 2 commentary a bit. Player just walking in and Miranda's bartering with Tartarsauce.

Karl2177

I think that was in the Halo 3 Legendary edition commentary. If I remember correctly, they also said there was a mission after Cairo Station where you get on the Covenant ship(instead of launching yourself with the "Covenant Space Pickle") and shell the core with a Wraith. In the mission, Miranda would be running around with her ODSTs and helping you kill bad guys.

ElRenoRaven

I think that was in the Halo 3 Legendary edition commentary. If I remember correctly, they also said there was a mission after Cairo Station where you get on the Covenant ship(instead of launching yourself with the "Covenant Space Pickle") and shell the core with a Wraith. In the mission, Miranda would be running around with her ODSTs and helping you kill bad guys.

Yup. I would have loved to see those levels in the game. Would have made for a much better game I think. Oh and going to leave this here. First screenshot of halo 4 via xplay's twitter.

435390850.jpg

FyreWulff

If I remember correctly from the commentary and various Bungie interviews way after the game released, the original Halo 2 level lineup was something like this (with cut levels in italics)

Cairo Station
Covenant Ship
Delta Halo
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Forerunner Tank
Quarantine Zone (used be a moon level, was reworked to fit here)
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
Forerunner Ship
The Portal (you can spot it in the Halo 2 Making Of on a whiteboard)

We'll never know how much of the first part of Halo 3 was intended for Halo 2, but there's probably some ideas for Halo 2 in there, and Staten also said that they pretty much cut the entire third act off of Halo 2. So maybe you can attach the basic concepts of Sierra 117, Tsavo Highway, and Floodgate to the end there if you really feel like it.

Plus the prototype of the super flooded Covenant Cruiser High Charity on the original Xbox:

oxboxproto.png

Striker

I remember all the rumors of Halo 2's SP missions. The moon level, the early mission where you begin on a Covenant ship. Looks like that's it right there. Shame it became a rush job so everything was not up to par, but at least the storytelling was excellent.

ElRenoRaven

We'll never know how much of the first part of Halo 3 was intended for Halo 2, but there's probably some ideas for Halo 2 in there, and Staten also said that they pretty much cut the entire third act off of Halo 2. So maybe you can attach the basic concepts of Sierra 117, Tsavo Highway, and Floodgate to the end there if you really feel like it.

You know the sad thing. Joe has the original script and will never ever share it. I'd kill to read the original script for Halo 2.

Here's my banner submission feel free to offer feedback
oA8wm.jpg
using mobile Internet ATM and iv just realised the Image isn't a .png thanks to Facebook being stupid hmm I'll see what I can do about a .png version

Yes I believe so.

Don't know his gamertag

Nexy isn't a pro. He used to work for MLG and now works for Astro Gaming.
We played against an "iNexus in HD" and the kid was unbelievable with a sniper. It was unfortunate the rest of his team sucked balls

And speaking of unbelievable, we ran into a team three times in a row, and they were set up the whole game every time. You would spawn and instantly get double teamed. We couldn't even move.

If I remember correctly from the commentary and various Bungie interviews way after the game released, the original Halo 2 level lineup was something like this (with cut levels in italics)

Cairo Station
Covenant Ship
Delta Halo
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Forerunner Tank
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
Forerunner Ship

Plus the prototype of the super flooded Covenant Cruiser High Charity on the original Xbox:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o165/fyrewulff/oxboxproto.png/img][/QUOTE]
I know these are probably up on youtube, but, Fyre (or anyone else), do you know of any good, high quality videos of the extra content in the Halo 2 LE?

FyreWulff

You know the sad thing. Joe has the original script and will never ever share it. I'd kill to read the original script for Halo 2.

Must have been heartbreaking to almost get Forerunner Ship out, but they just straight up ran out of time. Maybe people would have been less pissed if the game had ended on a Chief level? :lol

http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=25650

The geometry for a trench run at the end of forerunnership (sorry, can't remember the shipping name) that involved massive, horizontal grav-lift transporters that you could drive a Warthog into and through. We had to cut it because there was just no time to set up all of the encounters.

If they ever do a remake of Halo 2, I want it to 1) actually be a remake and 2) reinstate Forerunner Ship, as the level can be added back in while having the games still make sense with each other.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Apparently MLG is removing Pistol, Evade and Oasis in the next update. :D YES!! I do like evade though

CyReN

Rewatching the Halo 2/3/Reach making of specials. Wow I love 2/3, all the behind scenes stuff, but wow was Reach lazy. Just part of the team doing a "Mystery Science Theater 3000" type commentary. Please bring back the Halo 2/3 kind for Halo 4 343/Frankie. I and I'm sure others really enjoyed those more.

I figured out Halo 4. Its an RTSFPS. You play Halo Wars but at any time you can jump down to first person with any of the marines or vehicles.

Karl2177

If a Halo 2 remake were to go down, I'd love the original campaign, as well as adding in the deleted levels similar to the Gears 2 deleted mission. If it were on the new console, it could have a major up in graphics(essentially giving 343 an chance to see how new graphics would fare on the new system without it being a major release)and more content on the disc. How the multiplayer would fare is a different idea. They could essentially make Halo 4 have a Megalo+, where they aren't limited to changing only certain things. Then when a Halo 2 remake were to come out, it could have the maps as an install as well as a custom gametype that is Halo 2's multiplayer.

/dreams

If a Halo 2 remake were to go down, I'd love the original campaign, as well as adding in the deleted levels similar to the Gears 2 deleted mission. If it were on the new console, it could have a major up in graphics(essentially giving 343 an chance to see how new graphics would fare on the new system without it being a major release)and more content on the disc. How the multiplayer would fare is a different idea. They could essentially make Halo 4 have a Megalo+, where they aren't limited to changing only certain things. Then when a Halo 2 remake were to come out, it could have the maps as an install as well as a custom gametype that is Halo 2's multiplayer.

/dreams

Or Halo 4 could just play like Halo and include the sandbox from Halo 2 so the maps would just play properly.

Cairo Station
Covenant Ship
Delta Halo
Outskirts
Metropolis
The Arbiter
The Oracle
Delta Halo
Regret
Forerunner Tank
Gravemind
Uprising
High Charity
The Great Journey
Forerunner Ship

oxboxproto.png
That game was so ambitious. If they had finished it, I can only imagine how impressive it would have been.

Top Bottom