• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

header_s.png

OT1 | OT2 | OT3 | OT4 | OT5 | OT6 | ForgeGAF Thread | Today's Challenges (Alt. Link) | HaloGAF Gamertags

News & Updates

11/10/2011 | Penance flythrough, and the Reach MP maps will available to purchase over Xbox Live on November 15th, day and date with Anniversary's launch.

11/9/2011 | Installation 04 flythrough.

11/8/2011 | Flythroughs of the various Anniversary maps: Ridgeline, Penance, and Battle Canyon.

10/24/2011 | Gameplay videos! Click here.

10/24/2011 | Two new BTS videos! BTS: Music and BTS: Terminals.

10/24/2011 | New thread! OT7 is here. May we have great times (or as good of time as any) with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Reach Title Update | Click here for the official details on the now-released title update.

Halo Data Drops

343 has been dribbling a series of cryptic 'data drops' each Friday, graduall building out some backstory. Is it leading up to Glasslands? Primordium? CEA? Halo 4? The answer is probably, yes.

Data Drop 1 | Data Drop 2 | Data Drop 3 | Data Drop 4 | Data Drop 5 | Data Drop 6

Halo Reach DLC
Halo: Anniversary Classic Maps: CEA ships with six classic Halo maps, plus a new Firefight map. Here are a bunch of links to videos of these maps (scroll down).

• Multiplayer Maps: Beaver Creek, Damnation, Timberland, Hang em High, Prisoner and Hang'em High.
  • Firefight Map: Installation 04

Defiant Map Pack | Inside Condemned | Inside Unearthed | Inside Highlands | Making-if Video | Trailer | Announcement | Screenshots

Noble Map Pack | FAQ | Trailer | Map Overviews | Developer Commentary Videos | Announcement

Playlist Updates | As of August 2nd, 343 has taken over the playlist management for Reach. When they begin their updates, I will log them here.

Halo Reach 101
Essential guides to various aspects of Reach.

Halo: Reach Project Page
A hub for all Reach content on Bungie.net. Videos, FAQs, Guides, game details, matchmaking playlists, the works.

Welcome to Reach
A round up of resources on Bungie.net at the launch of Reach.

Halo: Reach Support FAQ
A list of common questions and issues - with answers.

Welcome to Noble Team
All about Credits, the Armory and player customization.

Networking 101
A FAQ to networking issues in Reach.

Welcome to The Arena
A detailed guide to Seasons, Ratings, Divisions, etc.

Player Ranks
Guide to Reach's cR system and the Ranks players can achieve.

Unofficial Reach Resources
HBO's Cutscene Library
A collection of the cinematics from Halo: Reach available for download in various formats and resolutions.

HBO's Bungie Weekly Update Archive
A lighter, standards-compliant version of the weekly Updates, with a robust search feature.​

halo_community.png

For posterity: HaloGAF vs. Bungie Humpday Challenge...did not end well for HaloGAF

Forge & Custom Content
Map Design 101, by Chris Carney

Forging Invasion

Comprehensive guides to objectives and spawns

For a video overview on the new Forge, and Forge World, watch this vidoc.

There is a separate thread for Forge sharing and testing, here.

If you are working on maps or gametypes, tag them with the "HaloGAF" key word. We should be able to search for and find all of our community content this way. Or, post it in the ForgeGAF thread above.​

HaloGAF Customs

GAF regularly gets together every Saturday at about 5:00 PM Pacific time (US) to play Reach for hours on end. To join, add some HaloGAFers to your Friend list and join them for customs. Or, watch the thread for who to hook up with.

Halo Community Sites | The Halo community is vast. Here are a few highlights.

HBO
The oldest and biggest Halo fan site on the web, run by one of the nicest (and oldest) people on the internet. If there's news about Halo, HBO will cover it.

Bungie.net forums
A vast community of upstanding and thoughtful commentators.

Tied The Leader
A community, clan and site dedicated to fair play and thoughtful commentary on Halo.

rampancy.net
Another long time Halo fan site, dedicated to unusually in-depth commentary and analysis of the series, as well as news and community creations.

Forward Unto Dawn
In the spirit of Ascendant Justice, FUD is devoted to analysis and commentary on various aspects of the Halo games and universe.

Major League Gaming
An organized league of professional gamers, in which Halo plays a starring role. Forums, league schedules, rules and live streams are available from their site.

Forge Hub
A large community devoted to creating custom maps in Forge. Tutorials, guides and an active forum to provide feedback and testing, as well as an excellent resource for well crafted maps.​

Special Thanks to Louis Wu for web hosting.
footer.png

ElzarTheBam said:
Btw opening vid, you have been warned!
Quoted for new thread.

I have to say I'm getting mixed feelings seeing CEA in action. On the one hand, it looks great, but on the other hand, once you put it into motion, the animations are just so clunky.

Tunavi

Banned
OT6
Devolution 856
Hypertrooper 702
wwm0nkey 617
Tashi0106 578
PsychoRaven 565
FyreWulff 527
Letters 526
GhaleonEB 479
Steelyuhas 457
Dax01 405

scrubs

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tunavi said:
OT6
Devolution 856
Hypertrooper 702
wwm0nkey 617
Tashi0106 578
PsychoRaven 565
FyreWulff 527
Letters 526
GhaleonEB 479
Steelyuhas 457
Dax01 405

scrubs

Really hope folks don't get carried away with post count numbers again, it's happened a few times. Nothing ever good comes from fluffing a thread.

Crucio

Yeah I'm glad to see the thread could still be put up. I like the "part II" feel of the thread title.
Thanks Dax!

Tunavi said:
OT6
Devolution 856
Hypertrooper 702
wwm0nkey 617
Tashi0106 578
PsychoRaven 565
FyreWulff 527
Letters 526
GhaleonEB 479
Steelyuhas 457
Dax01 405

scrubs
Oh yeah. Devo. We miss ya. Hypertrooper is the biggest asshole in this list. I fuckin' hate him.

Now I saw the Anniversary Opening. It looks like that Sgt. Johnson has a much better Mo-Cap than Cpt. Keyes. lol.

Edit.: Hey Slightly Live, according to the HaloGAF gamertag list a douchbag called Dani has your nickname as a gamertag.

Karl2177

Tunavi said:
OT6
Devolution 856
Hypertrooper 702
wwm0nkey 617
Tashi0106 578
PsychoRaven 565
FyreWulff 527
Letters 526
GhaleonEB 479
Steelyuhas 457
Dax01 405

scrubs
Whew! Didn't make it.

Also missing the link to OT6 in there.

Damn didn't even make Top 10.

Also give me and Tashi CEA early for proper gameplay exhibition. Those videos are awful sauce.

feel

Slightly Live said:
Really hope folks don't get carried away with post count numbers again, it's happened a few times. Nothing ever good comes from fluffing a thread.
Does anyone do that? I think some people just really like to participate a lot in every discussion and can't help but post a lot. I personally am always trying (and failing) to post as little as possible to keep my number down.

Slightly Live said:
IAWTP

*fluff fluff fluff*

Tunavi said:
OT6
Devolution 856
Hypertrooper 702
wwm0nkey 617
Tashi0106 578
PsychoRaven 565
FyreWulff 527
Letters 526
GhaleonEB 479
Steelyuhas 457
Dax01 405

scrubs

Interesting that you decided to cut the list off right before your name!

New home?
Thread title should be "You're Not Ghaleon."

Oh god, so much to catch up to. Some much purtyness that is. Game is looking great, I really like what they have done so far. Glad that Cortana is her Halo 3 self, and I hope they only slightly modify that model in future games. Hard call with the flood though, are they new models or their Halo 3 models. Im hoping the former, as Halo 3 left a little to be desired.

Ok, now to watch all the MP sexy stuff.

blamite

Geeze, another one? Talk about milking. Do people still even post in Halo threads anymore?

Yay new thread!

FyreWulff

Louis Wu said:
Don't be that way. SOMEONE had to do it. I'm glad Dax stepped up.

It was supposed to be taken as a joke :(

thezerofire said:
So those maps looked excellent, but goddamn couldn't they get anyone who's ever played an FPS before to play it?

It's like some natural law of game videos done by journalism outlets: a bunch of people that write about videogames and apparently none of them actually know how to play said games

FyreWulff said:
It's like some natural law of game videos done by journalism outlets: a bunch of people that write about videogames and apparently none of them actually know how to play said games
how long do you have to be removed from videogames though when you don't know that Halo has a melee?

thezerofire said:
So those maps looked excellent, but goddamn couldn't they get anyone who's ever played an FPS before to play it?
Gamespot has some nice videos online. But IGN's videos are embarrassing. Really... How is that even possible to release that?

daedalius

woohoo new OT.

Opening cinematic looks great other than the stiff animation (but I know that its the same as 2001 animation) and the face/mouth stuff looks a bit... off. Probably didn't have time to do new lip-synching with the models.

FyreWulff

thezerofire said:
how long do you have to be removed from videogames though when you don't know that Halo has a melee?

Well considering that a large number of people working in games "journalism" these days are just writers hired off the street/agencies, they've probably been removed for quite a while.

Also I paid my first utility bill today. Then I noticed the phone number.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
New OT today, Glasslands tomorrow. Awwww yeahhhh.

Top Bottom