• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:
Current list for Halo 2 Vista on the 9th:

FyreWulff
wwm0nkey
Rickenslacker
Leviathan
Urban Reflex
Stephen L (Soundeffect)
Nikko B201
Total Sellout

anyone else interested? We about have enough do some 4v4 gametypes.

edit: hmm I'll look into maybe deploying a dedi so we can just have it auto rotate
Karl2177
Probably.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If I can secure H2 Vista by the 9th, I'll join in on that.

edit: That's kind of a big if btw lol

FyreWulff

Also might use one of the user ports of Tombstone, I'll have to see if it actually supports the 7-8 territories of the official version.

Otherwise though it's going to be all official maps for minimal confusion and bandwidth.

blamite

Hmm, I'll probably be up for some H2 on the ninth, provided I can get my copy to work on my laptop.
GANNONSMASH is my tag.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Hmm, I do need some more achievements for Halo 2 Vista. Maybe. I have a lot on my plate next week though.

neoism

Major Williams said:
Lol. <3 Frankles. 1 word silences hours of thought
Frankie.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm really going to try to make it. Not because I want to play Halo 2 specifically, but because I finished Crysis on Xbox 360 recently.

I remember loading up Crysis (2007) on my PC (8800GT!) after I had finished Halo 2V (2007). Laughed. Around Christmas that year I played Halo 3 on a friend's Xbox 360. I laughed then too.

Now, I'll be playing Halo 2 after finishing Crysis on Xbox 360 (which is a beautiful port), while awaiting a remake of a ten year old classic whose is multiplayer running on the first good looking Halo game Bungie ever made.

I'm making a crazy tangled web gesture with my hands and fingers.

Tawpgun

PAX East Registration is live.

And its on Easter Weekend. Fuck.

Not sure if I'm going back to the fam or staying in Boston, but I'm going to buy a 3 day pass anyway.

Anyone else going?

P.S.

343 and Bungie best be there. At least 343. Halo 4 multiplayer pahaps?

feel

wtf at pc version.. why not play on xlink the actual game whose anniversary you will be celebrating?

Anyone interested in gathering a small xbox version group on that day?

Letters said:
wtf at pc version.. why not play on xlink the actual game whose anniversary you will be celebrating?
BECAUSE THIS ONE'S BETTER

and i don't have the means of xlinking the xbox version at the moment

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
So yea. Throw my name into the hat for Halo 2 vista. And I'll gladly join any boosting too. I need all the MP achievements on it. lol

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
And its on Easter Weekend. Fuck.

Not sure if I'm going back to the fam or staying in Boston, but I'm going to buy a 3 day pass anyway.

Anyone else going?

Yes. I'll be there. Probably only Friday though... maybe Saturday as well.

FyreWulff

Letters said:

Anyone interested in gathering a small xbox version group on that day?

XBC/Kai don't work correctly on wireless and attempts at it always explode from incompatible NATs and setups

Although I'd like to do some XBC H2 sometime, H2V Just Works™

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
FyreWulff said:
XBC/Kai don't work correctly on wireless and attempts at it always explode from incompatible NATs and setups

Exactly H2 vista is just the better experience when it comes to playing Halo 2 still. Well when you can find a server with people on it. lol

Tawpgun

kylej said:
Yes. I'll be there. Probably only Friday though... maybe Saturday as well.

Awesome.

Just bought the 3-day pass. I may be able to get discounted ones if anyone's interested.

EDIT:

Also,

Booshka said:
Shadowrun says hello.
Daily: Kill 20 enemies while jetpacking in multiplayer matchmaking.

Game: 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY. 4 ENEMIES, SKY.

Super late but god damn Second's thread the other day reminded me that we may argue to death about the Halo but HaloGAF is decent people.

<3 you all even the ones I give a lot of shit to.

Trasher

Devolution said:
Super late but god damn Second's thread the other day reminded me that we may argue to death about the Halo but HaloGAF is decent people.

<3 you all even the ones I give a lot of shit to.
Link to the thread?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Need to prune my Steam friend list. 200 is too much. I'm sure some are just lurkers as well, not like I'm hard to find on there.

That thread was terrible. And I couldn't stop going back. Ashamed to say I was on it while taking a train ride and at any available downtime.

Oh, one other thing, my girlfriend and I want to do this week's weekly. How does it work, local co op, custom match, or matchmaking doubles?

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Lyphen said:
Need to prune my Steam friend list. 200 is too much. I'm sure some are just lurkers as well, not like I'm hard to find on there.

That thread was terrible. And I couldn't stop going back. Ashamed to say I was on it while taking a train ride and at any available downtime.

Oh, one other thing, my girlfriend and I want to do this week's weekly. How does it work, local co op, custom match, or matchmaking doubles?

You can do it co-op on your console or via online co-op.

Homeboyd

Lyphen said:
Customs and make sure you start the 5th set. There's a couple gametypes out there you can knock it out really quickly with, but you can set it up however you want.

heckfu said:
That guy seems like he is full of shit. Referring to his best friend as 'the husband' multiple times and his supposed good friend as 'the wife.'

eh, maybe a giant troll. regardless...wow.

He's not the only problem, you want to see double standards/sexism at work, pay attention to other posts as well. I even got called a white knight in there, it's just shit like that, chaps my ass.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Devolution said:
He's not the only problem, you want to see double standards/sexism at work, pay attention to other posts as well. I even got called a white knight in there, it's just shit like that, chaps my ass.

Yea. There were indeed many scumbags in the thread. There is no doubt about that.

feel

FyreWulff said:

I don't have H2V or a gaming pc.. oh well, I'll miss out on good halogaf customs

Homeboyd said:
HOLY SHIT

Devolution said:
I stopped following that mess early so I never found out he got kicked from gaf. Cool.

Zoolader

FyreWulff said:

FyreWulff
wwm0nkey
Rickenslacker
Leviathan
Urban Reflex
Stephen L (Soundeffect)
Nikko B201
Total Sellout

anyone else interested? We about have enough do some 4v4 gametypes.

edit: hmm I'll look into maybe deploying a dedi so we can just have it auto rotate

you can add me

Tashi did you get mail back about team betas. They kinda wanna know who would be on our team and stuff. I said I know of me you and devin. Anyone else here wanna stream for our team?

Karl2177

Apparently H2V doesn't work on Win8 dev build. In fact the only game that's worked on it so far has been UT3. If I can find my Win7 disc, I can join in on them again.

daedalius

Well, I'll say right now I'm not a fan of the way unlocks work in BF3.

They are way more rank-gated than ever before, allowing higher ranked players, which is time investment only, to have a much wider array of options than a new player.

You can't even get the magnum until like, rank 46... I never even got close to that in BFBC2 and played it a decent amount. Oh well, gotta keep everyone playing I guess...

FyreWulff

FyreWulff said:

FyreWulff
wwm0nkey
Rickenslacker
Leviathan
Urban Reflex
Stephen L (Soundeffect)
Nikko B201
Total Sellout
Karl2177
Zoolader
blamite

Questionable:
Tashi (if he can get H2V by then)
Lyphen
Zeouterlimits

dot

Also a reminder that it'd probably be a good idea to configure your voice chat if you're going to do that now.

Current planned rotation possibilities (aka an attempt at a "tour" of Halo 2's best-of modes)

1 Flag
Terminal
Zanzibar (BR Start)
Relic

1 Bomb
Headlong (BR start)
Zanzibar
Ascension

3 Plots
Turf

2 Flag Classic
Beaver Creek
Midship
Elongation (BR Start)

2 Flag
Sanctuary (BR Start)
Colossus (BR Start)

Territories
Terminal (BR Start)
Containment (BR Start)

KotH Tactics
Warlock
Gemini (Carbine Start + No Radar)

Oddball
Midship (BR Start + No Radar)
Lockout (BR Start + No Radar)
Sanctuary FFA (BR Start)

1 Flag CTF Fast
Ivory Tower
Lockout (BR Start + No Radar)

Neutral Bomb
Backwash
Waterworks (BR Start)
Colossus (BR Start + No Radar)
Midship (No Radar)

FFA Snipers (no radar)
Coagulation
Burial Mounds
Foundation (Beam Start)
Headlong (Beam + Human Start)

Team Slayer
Ascension Rockets
Backwash Plasma Wars
Elongation SWAT (No Radar)
Beaver Creek Shotties (No Radar)
Midship Rifles (No Radar)
Coagulation Gulch Wars
Foundation Fiesta

Juggernaut
Midship 3 vs 1 Juggernaut
Ascension Juggernaut Rifles
Backwash Predator

Closing Ceremonies
Trippin Balls on Backwash
Zombies on Foundation (Shotty and Sword, No Radar)
FFA Plasma Pistols on Waterworks (All Camo, No Radar)

FyreWulff

Ha, I think I still have the pics from that session somewhere. Let me see if I can go find them (if anyone has forgotten, pressing F11 will capture a $texas sized screenshot of the action)

I'm going to try to nail down some times by the end of tomorrow. I am seeing if I'll be able to pull off a little prize grab bag for this for everyone that shows up.

edit: the pics

Everyone standing around deciding who's turn it is to use the ghost

ghostconference.jpg

I tried to get a group pic but someone had an itchy trigger finger:

congressofdeath.jpg

I forget what this one was about, but I'm including it anyway.

myownbody.jpg

Top Bottom