• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

daedalius

Syracuse022 said:
Perhaps (I don't frequent that thread), but Halo: Reach <<<<<<<< BF3

I'm not going to say Reach is amazing, but BF3 isn't exactly blowing me away.

Its battlefield, just likes its been since I played the original; which is fine. They also made recon garbage in normal, dunno what platform you're playing on; felt better in the 360 demo, probably because guns do more damage on console (I think).

HiredN00bs said:
Really excited about having a Halo 2 Xbox night. I'd be happy to host it, on either XBC or Xlink Kai, I'll be running an original Xbox on my FiOS 25 mbps down/up (Washington, DC Metropolitan Area).
I'm down to play.

Syracuse022 said:
Perhaps (I don't frequent that thread), but Halo: Reach <<<<<<<< BF3

Agreed, so good.

Back to Karkand trailer today holy shit it looks great. Conquest Assault coming back!

On another note, once this dashboard update finishes I think I might play a few games of Reach, see if I can get some DLC maps to come up.

omg.kittens said:
Halo Reach > Halo CE

trolololol
2Whzx.jpg

OMG I just played a game on a DLC map.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Also, why the investment system in Reach so backwards? In Reach, you get most of your points from just playing the game instead of your performance points and commendations aka your and your team's performance in the game.

kylej

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Also, why the investment system in Reach so backwards? In Reach, you get most of your points from just playing the game instead of your performance points and commendations aka your and your team's performance in the game.

images(3).jpg

kylej

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
LOL

What is that picture from?

I think it's from Luke's college days. Much love to Lukems. Dude helped get me through some miserable high school years and miserable high school jobs with his podcasting at 1UP.

Hydranockz said:
You got Rocksmith? How have you been finding it?

Rocksmith is as fun and as great as Rock Band except I'm not wasting my time learning how to play a retarded plastic shitar.

Lyphen said:
I hate Acer's blinding LED power buttons. And you've got two of 'em!

Disarming those is a project for another day. After my computer/table is done being built.

Ive actually got three blinding blue LED's just to the right is a pair of Swans M12's which have this disgustingly bright blue LED volume knob. Sound good as shit though.

xxjuicesxx said:
Rocksmith is as fun and as great as Rock Band except I'm not wasting my time learning how to play a retarded plastic shitar.

To be fair, you can play real guitar on Rock Band 3.

kylej said:
I think it's from Luke's college days. Much love to Lukems. Dude helped get me through some miserable high school years and miserable high school jobs with his podcasting at 1UP.

Luke is good people.

xxjuicesxx said:
Didn't know that. Thats the only reason I never really got into these things. Maybe Ill give that a try too.
You can't use an actual guitar unless you buy their Strat. Then there is the 3/4 size plastic fender.

Rocksmith sounds like a good game though. I might pick it up at Christmas. UI looks tricky though.

So what was the HaloGAF consensus on the Hang Em High gameplay clip with the Anniversary gametype? Completely missed that on Wednesday. Jump height looks too low?

TOM T 117

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:
Not so for Firefight. Firefight is built from enemies, load outs, and the ways the game leverages its wave-based structure via skulls and enemy mixtures, but the nature of the maps and AI severely limit the variety on offer no matter the settings. That's just a cold reality in Reach. You can't just pick one mix and leave it there forever, because even a great game type will get boring after a short time. It's got to be constantly refreshed. This hasn't happened to any Firefight game type to date: the mix Firefight Limited had when it came out in January was rather unadventurous, and it wasn't touched once during its run.
I have never been a Firefight junkie myself. My connection has not -until recently- been adequate enough to sustain the experience with other players.

However a few months ago, while playing 2x Score Attack, I picked up on a number of flaws in the campaign and Firefight experience that I felt were largely tied to the AI's health. Recently I set about putting my theories into practice, by altering the damage traits and boosting the difficulty.

Having noticed your comments I felt it appropriate to share my efforts with folks here, a feat which should push my post count up to 9; this quite impressive considering I joined in 2009 (foreverajunior.jpg).

My intention was originally only to expose the flaws of campaign, however in doing so I began to find genuine fun in Firefight, when before I had always ignored it. Even more recently my improved connection has allowed me to play the gametype with friends, which has been a further eye opener. If you are looking for something a little different, having grown bored of the current setup, I welcome you to try Firefight Pro (gameplay video). *Looks at username* Yes, names have never been my strong point.

There are also a few discussion threads in progress, on bungie.net and halo.xbox.com, which flesh out the concept; those looking for a more in-depth analysis should look there.

Edit: I just released a second updated version. You can remove the time limit and increase the lives for a limited experience (all the rounds beyond round 1 are setup appropriately).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Barrow Roll said:
So what was the HaloGAF consensus on the Hang Em High gameplay clip with the Anniversary gametype? Completely missed that on Wednesday. Jump height looks too low?

Consensus was that it looked better than perfect. Halo gaf also remarked that Frankie looked especially brave and clever and could slam his junk in the fridge door without so much as wincing.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Consensus was that it looked better than perfect. Halo gaf also remarked that Frankie looked especially brave and clever and could slam his junk in the fridge door without so much as wincing.
SmH

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
OuterWorldVoice said:

Good to see that cold medicine is kicking in.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Why must you turn this forum into a house of lies.

Zoolader

Barrow Roll said:

Gravity increase confirmed in sparkast.

OuterWorldVoice said:

44.png

Thanks for the indirect reminder to re-setup my Kinect btw. I'm on the new dash, and using Kinect with it is pretty cool now.

I just got the Kinect, but I'm not in the preview program. One of the things that I thought would be a strong point for the device was the integration into the Dashboard UI, but there have been many annoyances I've come across.

For one, you can navigate with voice commands into menus that only allow you to control via gesture. Many of the menu paths lead to this. Also, voice commands seem to be disabled on dashboard videos, so while I can say "Xbox, Inside Xbox" to start the video, I can't pause or stop it with my voice (at first, I thought this was because the sound system was interfering, but I muted it this morning to discover that voice commands are just disabled).

One of the first things they showed with the Kinect was "Xbox OFF", and we all joked about shutting off people's Xboxes remotely via voice chat, but it looks like it's not in the interface at all.

Hopefully these things are fixed or improved in the new dash.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
According to Killa KC's Twitter, the MLG v6 timer issue is getting fixed tomorrow. Looks like I'll be on Reach tomorrow playing some MLG then :)

HiredN00bs said:
I just got the Kinect, but I'm not in the preview program. One of the things that I thought would be a strong point for the device was the integration into the Dashboard UI, but there have been many annoyances I've come across.

For one, you can navigate with voice commands into menus that only allow you to control via gesture. Many of the menu paths lead to this. Also, voice commands are disable on dashboard videos, so while I can say "Xbox, Inside Xbox" to start the video, I can't pause or stop it with my voice (at first, I thought this was because the sound system was interfering, but I muted it this morning to discover that voice commands are just disabled).

One of the first things they showed with the Kinect was "Xbox OFF", and we all joked about shutting off people's Xboxes remotely via voice chat, but it looks like it's not in the interface at all.

Hopefully these things are fixed or improved in the new dash.

Yeah they are. I've been playing around with it for the last hour, it's a huge upgrade and pretty much exactly what you are speaking about is fixed. You can navigate pretty much everything with voice and/or gesture. I pretty much just use voice myself.

"Xbox, settings, turn off" will turn the Xbox off with voice now.

On a different note, David's points about the Anniversary playlists from the podcast ("off the top of his head"):
-5 Anniversary playlists
-A classic settings playlist with mix of slayer and objective. Mostly slayer, but flag and assault as well. Specifically said there would not be fringe objective gametypes like flag slayer, stockpile. (Anniversary start is AR and Magnum)
-Big Team Annniversary playlist. Mix of TU1 and Anniversary gametypes on Hang Em High, Headlong, and Timberland. TU1 games will be one the updated variant of the map and Anniversary will be on the classic variant. (Big Team Anniversary gametypes start is Magnum and DMR)
-Firefight playlist for Installation 04
-Free for all playlist
-Couldn't remember the fifth one :p

Maps will also be integrated into all playlist in the game, spoke about the new DLC weighting, said it's a pretty significant change, so hopefully we will actually be seeing DLC (especially CEA maps) in the future. Also increased the weighting of the skill filter in matchmaking as well, only in certain playlists though.

You will be prompted to install the CEA maps to your hard drive so you can use all the maps with Reach.

Looking at possibly changing the secondary weapon in the ZB Slayer gametype in the future.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Blue Ninja said:
Wait, the dashboard preview program is active? I'm in the program, but don't have the new dash yet.

You will. They said after you did the preview tab would show up before the update is pusehed out. So don't worry.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah they are. I've been playing around with it for the last hour, it's a huge upgrade and pretty much exactly what you are speaking about is fixed. You can navigate pretty much everything with voice and/or gesture. I pretty much just use voice myself.

"Xbox, settings, turn off" will turn the Xbox off with voice now.

On a different note, David's points about the Anniversary playlists from the podcast ("off the top of his head"):
-5 Anniversary playlists
-A classic settings playlist with mix of slayer and objective. Mostly slayer, but flag and assault as well. Specifically said there would not be fringe objective gametypes like flag slayer, stockpile. (Anniversary start is AR and Magnum)
-Big Team Annniversary playlist. Mix of TU1 and Anniversary gametypes on Hang Em High, Headlong, and Timberland. TU1 games will be one the updated variant of the map and Anniversary will be on the classic variant. (Big Team Anniversary gametypes start is Magnum and DMR)
-Firefight playlist for Installation 04
-Free for all playlist
-Couldn't remember the fifth one :p

Maps will also be integrated into all playlist in the game, spoke about the new DLC weighting, said it's a pretty significant change, so hopefully we will actually be seeing DLC (especially CEA maps) in the future. Also increased the weighting of the skill filter in matchmaking as well, only in certain playlists though.

You will be prompted to install the CEA maps to your hard drive so you can use all the maps with Reach.

Looking at possibly changing the secondary weapon in the ZB Slayer gametype in the future.

So they're combining slayer and objective. There goes any interest in the classic playlists for me.

Top Bottom