• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

feel

Feels good to once again be into Halo, and look forward to the end of the day to get online with friends. MLG, thank you.

also decided to unbox my xbr hx929, and it has beastly IQ. Even turned off manages to impress with the imposing single layer of corning glass from edge to edge, like an iphone. Surprisingly fast input in game mode too, was defecating on youngsters with less rarity yesterday.

at what time is the Halo 4 vidoc dropping today?

I agree. Damn. I missed the free credits last week. sigh.

I laughed and you will too.

spiderman48j7zp.gif

GhaleonEB

I've been meaning to read/watch Game of Thrones for a while now. Really tempted to watch it first now for some reason, but I'll see if I can scoop up the book first. :lol

monome

I've been meaning to read/watch Game of Thrones for a while now. Really tempted to watch it first now for some reason, but I'll see if I can scoop up the book first. :lol

The show is serviceable without having read the books and will be seriously reduced in cast and scope.

I heard it was good, I just have been wanting a good book series to read lately. Might as well.

Game of Thrones is a great series for the most part.

I will say you can watch the first season, it's pretty much word for word with the first book. I watched it first and then read the book, and it was a case of knowing everything already, making the first book a tad...boring.

monome

I heard she even has a
queef
or two in the book, looking forward to the film adaption.

This + the guy who want the Last Of Us protagonist to have her periods in-game, this is not a good day for LadyGaf.

Finally moved up to Noble and managed to bring my overall K/D to a Chiefly 1.17. My love affair with Ridgeline continues, Plywood starts my morning off with an awesome gif, Raam's Shadow drops tomorrow; it's gonna be a good week.

Don't forget the VGAs, without Halo 4 they still delivered. (any Christmas Halo present 343?)

I read that those had some problems with binding quality. I ended up buying the separate, larger paperbacks.
I've got the larger paperbacks and the first book just fell apart on me recently. The others seem to be fine, though.

Finally moved up to Noble and managed to bring my overall K/D to a Chiefly 1.17. My love affair with Ridgeline continues, Plywood starts my morning off with an awesome gif, Raam's Shadow drops tomorrow; it's gonna be a good week.

HBO did such a fantastic casting job that it might make it easier for you to picture some of the characters when you read the book, because it's extremely detailed. Lots of stuff had to be cut for the show, so you'll still have plenty of things to read that aren't a re-tread of the show.

You are an evil, evil man. What is wrong with you for putting that image into my head?
If there is a point on the HaloGAF cycle labelled "Game of Thrones sexytime talk", then there is also a point on the opposite side of the circle.

Just be glad I'm too lazy to make gifs:

sgB2o.jpg

+
ZHSVd.jpg

daedalius

So I ordered Dungeon Siege 3, should be a good distraction for me and my wife.

Checked out War in the North, guess it looks alright, but appears to have even less depth than DS3; oh well might rent it after we finish the first game.

Do you guys know of any massively single player games you can coop? We don't want to go back to WoW, but we do enjoy that sort of game, large open world RPG we can do stuff together in, etc.

Kingdoms of Amalur looked like a good possibility, but apparently has no coop :(

wwm0nkey

Man we need Halo 4 news soon :/

Also on a random note my ISP fully supports ipv6 now but sadly the 360 has not updated to support it :(

Checked out War in the North, guess it looks alright, but appears to have even less depth than DS3; oh well might rent it after we finish the first game.

Do you guys know of any massively single player games you can coop? We don't want to go back to WoW, but we do enjoy that sort of game, large open world RPG we can do stuff together in, etc.

Kingdoms of Amalur looked like a good possibility, but apparently has no coop :(

Maybe Fable? It isn't such a big word but if I recall correctly, you can play it in co-op.

VVVVVVV These are also very good co-op games.

Ken

Dead Island and Borderlands? Not sure if they have couch coop though. Saints Row the Third but no couch co-op again.Castle Crashers, Lara Croft: GoL, and Outland on XBLA are other couch coop options.

There's always Rayman Origins (but isn't an open world RPG).

I still suggest War in the North. It doesn't have a lot of depth, but I can't say that DS3 had much depth either.

Havok

:(
Sacred 2. Not the greatest game in the world, but it's got mass.

daedalius

Sacred 2. Not the greatest game in the world, but it's got mass.

Couch coop? Will check it out.

Is there a demo?

I knew the developers. Friendly guys they were. Unfortunately Ascaron got closed.

Ugh, shitty. Devs closing is always depressing.

Dead Island and Borderlands? Not sure if they have couch coop though. Saints Row the Third but no couch co-op again.

There's always Rayman Origins (but isn't an open world RPG).

I still suggest War in the North. It doesn't have a lot of depth, but I can't say that DS3 had much depth either.

Yea I think we will get Rayman soon, we really enjoy platformers as well.

Would help if War in the North had a demo, there aren't a lot of places around me to rent it to see if we like it. We played the demo of DS3 and thought it was pretty fun.

Borderlands is probably too much of a shooter for her, but I might download the demo (if there is one); dead island also doesn't have couch coop, as me and another friend tried to play it when we went to visit him.

Next you're going to tell me the sequel to Glasslands has an unexpected Halsey/Parangosky encounter... :/

I wouldn't call it unexpected. If you take any time at all to read Glasslands, it's all there in the text. I wouldn't be surprised if that was one of the plot points that 343 demanded be included in the book in order to keep the universe consistent when they release Halo: CEA: NSFW in 10 years.

That video would have fit in perfectly with the tone of the VGAs. Big opportunity missed there.

The animations make me think it's in CryEngine 3... So probably a mod for Crysis 2 or something.
At the end of the video:

"Thanks to Crytek for the CryENGINE 3, and awesome animations!"

Looks like you were right. :)

Edit: Beaten.

Blueblur1

So is Waypoint where can I find playlist info? It seems like Bungie.net no longer has a page dedicated to it. I figured they would at least put some kind of link to Waypoint's site or something but nada.

Top Bottom