• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

wwm0nkey

What do you guys think would be a better choice. PAX East or PAX West?

I am going to one PAX and SDCC this year but honestly this will be my first PAX so don't know which one would be the better choice.

All in a Week's Work - 20,343cR
Kill 500 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking this week.

Nice, was getting sick of those silly FF/Campaign weekly's.

Also, played Reach for eleven hours straight the other day

alldayer.jpg

allday.jpg

It was glorious. Scrumptious Christmas noobs galore.

whatsanobjective.jpg

Halo

rick-astley-never-gonna-give-you-up.jpg

I'm jelly. But I can wait till tomorrow
Okay I can't. But I have to.

Btw. Frankie will be a Panel guest at CES.
Hollywood and Games – A Transmedia Approach to Entertainment Content
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
LVCC, North Hall N262

Hollywood content owners and the game industry have had a rocky relationship, resulting in a few cross-platform successes. What must occur to ensure that future franchises work well across platforms and media? How can all stakeholders - licensers, developers, publishers and distributors - get a fair return on their investments?

Moderator(s):
Peter Levin – GeekChicDaily
Ned Sherman – Digital Media Wire
Panelist(s):
Adam Boyes – Beefy Media
Marcus Gners – Stardoll
Jeff Gomez – Starlightrunner Ent.
James Jones – Hasbro
Frank O'Connor – Microsoft (Halo)

Is anybody getting really annoyed by MythicTyrant lately?

His latest tweet:
Halo 3 Legendary guide is complete! Now just waiting on those 2000 subscribers so I can start releasing it ;)

Why don't you just release it instead of using it as a means to increase your e-popularity?

FyreWulff

Is anybody getting really annoyed by MythicTyrant lately?

His latest tweet:

Why don't you just release it instead of using it as a means to increase your e-popularity?

This isn't really new or novel.. why is anyone obligated to release anything?

People do follower/subscribe goals-to-release something all the time.

Beating a dead horse etc etc

After playing Snipers on Halo 3, Reach sniping feels aweful. I dont know whether its the movement speed, the spartan models being a bit small and easily able to hide in geometry or just the stupid aim assist on the Sniper, but Sniping in Halo has gone from amazingly fun to pretty meh.

Please dont follow the Reach model when it comes to Sniping 343.

FyreWulff

Beating a dead horse etc etc

After playing Snipers on Halo 3, Reach sniping feels aweful. I dont know whether its the movement speed, the spartan models being a bit small and easily able to hide in geometry or just the stupid aim assist on the Sniper, but Sniping in Halo has gone from amazingly fun to pretty meh.

Please dont follow the Reach model when it comes to Sniping 343.

You just came to the realization that Team Snipers has been a horrible playlist in both 3 and Reach, that's all. It's Team Slayer to 50 with a weapon that promotes hiding and abusing geometry to hide your body behind a wall while still being able to shoot out.

Why is Shotty Snipers in Action Sack, playlist is supossed to be fun :/

I don't know, it doesn't belong there, but then again they had the stupid K/D slayer gametype in H3 Actionsack that sticks out like a sore thumb as well. I don't know how Team Snipers justifies it's existence in either game, especially since it has no objectives (at least the Halo 2 version had some). It should be folded into Team Slayer.

What are you talking about? I just said after playing Halo 3 snipes and realising how good it still is, it makes Reach snipers feel so much worse.

On Halo 3 it was very rare you would get people hiding behind geometry, that shit just didnt work on that game, it was a lot more movement based than Reach is, which is all about being static and trying to hide behind geometry.

I dont want to get into a pissing match with you about how much skill snipers takes, my point was that Reach has really lost whats fun about sniping, and I dont want Halo 4 to copy it. I dont know what your personal experience is when it comes to playing Snipes, but you should play it with me sometime, I garuntee you wont see the level of camping your probably expecting. Its pretty much all about being smart with getting around the map well.

I have been playing a ton of Snipes on H3 recently, and I have been loving it, even the games I get my ass kicked have been more exciting than most games can be.

I'm not talking about skill to use the weapon, I'm talking about how I feel that Team Snipers is a boring snoozefest that was better when it was to 25, but to 50 it just turns into get ahead by 15 and everyone hide for 15 minutes. It's boring as shit and offers nothing that Team Slayer doesn't already do besides starting everyone with a sniper rifle. It either needs to get some objective gametypes or be deleted/folded into Team Slayer.

You just came to the realization that Team Snipers has been a horrible playlist in both 3 and Reach, that's all. It's Team Slayer to 50 with a weapon that promotes hiding and abusing geometry to hide your body behind a wall while still being able to shoot out.

Why is Shotty Snipers in Action Sack? playlist is supossed to be fun :/

What are you talking about? I just said after playing Halo 3 snipes and realising how good it still is, it makes Reach snipers feel so much worse.

On Halo 3 it was very rare you would get people hiding behind geometry, that shit just didnt work on that game, it was a lot more movement based than Reach is, which is all about being static and trying to hide behind geometry. I blame that on the Spartan models, im not sure exactly what it is, but Halo 3 was more unrealistic and better for gameplay when it came to how the models where in the environment.

I dont want to get into a pissing match with you about how much skill snipers takes, my point was that Reach has really lost whats fun about sniping, and I dont want Halo 4 to copy it. I dont know what your personal experience is when it comes to playing Snipes, but you should play it with me sometime, I garuntee you wont see the level of camping your probably expecting. Its pretty much all about being smart with getting around the map well.

I have been playing a ton of Snipes on H3 recently, and I have been loving it, even the games I get my ass kicked have been more exciting than most games can be.

I'm not talking about skill to use the weapon, I'm talking about how I feel that Team Snipers is a boring snoozefest that was better when it was to 25, but to 50 it just turns into get ahead by 15 and everyone hide for 15 minutes. It's boring as shit and offers nothing that Team Slayer doesn't already do besides starting everyone with a sniper rifle.

How much Halo 3 snipes did you play? Because im pretty sure your making shit up now. :p I can see where your coming from, but if your experience of the playlist was people camping for 15 mins you played with the wrong people and probably pretty damn crappy players if you couldn't take out campers.

I dont want to get into a pissing match about how fun snipers is either, come play it with me sometime if you want. Thats besides the point. Reach does it a whole lot worse than Halo 3 did it, I hope 343 doesnt try and follow the Reach model is all.

FyreWulff

How much Halo 3 snipes did you play? Because im pretty sure your making shit up now. :p

I played a bunch when it was to 25, and a bunch in Halo 2 before they ranked it. When they increased the score limit to 50 because Optimatch forums wanted it, that's when I decided we had no future together and parted ways. I haven't really touched the Reach version at all because I already know how it's going to play. It'll be snipers to 50. Zzzzzz. Throw some Lurkers and Snipe KotH in there and now we're talking

You didn't really play it enough to judge it then... That means you probably never touched the playlist? Pretty strong opinions considering you barely played the thing. :p

I already go through this with Overdoziz. I played a ton of Team Snipers in Halo 2 and Halo 3. In Halo 3 I stopped after they increased the score limit. I tried playing it a few times after that but it was always a snorefest compounded by the fact that it was to 50. I believe I played Snipers enough to get a fairly good idea of my opinion of the settings therein. I get enough of it somehow winning votes in Action Sack for Shotty Snipers on Hemorrhage. At least when it was to 25 you had your fun and then the game ended and everyone moved on. I had enough of it after it was being voted for in the launch Reach playlists.

EDIT: KoTH Snipes is the worst idea ever, basically just sitting ducks.

It worked great in H2 matchmaking, you were cloaked inside the hill by the way. Lurkers works the same way.

I played a bunch when it was to 25, and a bunch in Halo 2 before they ranked it. When they increased the score limit to 50 because Optimatch forums wanted it, that's when I decided we had no future together and parted ways. I haven't really touched the Reach version at all because I already know how it's going to play. It'll be snipers to 50. Zzzzzz. Throw some Lurkers and Snipe KotH in there and now we're talking

You didn't really play it enough to judge it then... That means you probably never touched the playlist? Pretty strong opinions considering you barely played the thing. :p

Your right about Reach snipers btw, total snoozefest. :p And thats my point, they need to look back at what made it fun earlier in the series, but I get the feeling they will copy the Reach model which is easier and less fun.

EDIT: KoTH Snipes is the worst idea ever, basically just sitting ducks.

If you haven't play reach today, who else wants to see how far they can go into 2012 without playing halo?

Just got a new gaming PC and bought waaaay too many games on Steam, Gears 3 prestige mode on Jan. 17th, waaaay too many games coming out in the year I want.

I promise I will beat ALL of you at this game until Halo 4 comes out.

Trey

Just got a new gaming PC and bought waaaay too many games on Steam, Gears 3 prestige mode on Jan. 17th, waaaay too many games coming out in the year I want.

I promise I will beat ALL of you at this game until Halo 4 comes out.

This was a game?

Does anyone know how amazon handles Kindle pre-orders? Can I start reading Primordium at 12am this night? Would be awesome.

Now that you say this, I feel like I should buy the Kindle version, too. So much more convenient, but I already ordered the hardcover and I'm something of a collector. Might crack and get it if it's released before my package arrives.

Why would anyone want to not play Halo? Even if I wasn't playing Reach, I'd be jonesing for some Halo 3, or maybe even setting up for XBC Halo: CE or Halo 2, or playing the campaigns again (I've really been wanting to replay Halo 2's campaign, I spent the least amount of time with it, and never beat each mission on Legendary). No action game has managed to get a hold of me the way it has.

This was a game?

Now that you say this, I feel like I should buy the Kindle version, too. So much more convenient, but I already ordered the hardcover and I'm something of a collector. Might crack and get it if it's released before my package arrives.
I ordered the hardcover version too. But my thirst after the story is too much and I can't wait any longer.

Shame, cause it's the best

/run
Cutscenes and story progression, yep it is. But in terms of gameplay and level design? No, I think Halo: CE is much better. But I always miss the BR in Halo: CE. Sigh.

Your right about Reach snipers btw, total snoozefest. :p And thats my point, they need to look back at what made it fun earlier in the series, but I get the feeling they will copy the Reach model which is easier and less fun.

I agree with you that the Halo 3 sniper is more challenging and more enjoyable to use, but I don't see much of a difference in playstyle in the sniper playlists in the two games having played both playlists.

Mojo said:
Shame, cause it's the best

/run
H2 campaign is the shit.

I liked Halo 2, but I agree that the encounters weren't the best. That said, its story, cutscenes, art and setting were amazing.. It really set a high bar that hasn't been met by the later games, which always makes me sad.

I liked Halo 2, but I agree that the encounters weren't the best. That said, its story, cutscenes, art and setting were amazing.. It really set a high bar that hasn't been met by the later games, which always makes me sad.

Halo 2 did have better interior encounters than Halo 1 did though. Specifically the last few on "High Charity," in addition to many on "The Great Journey," "Sacred Icon," "Delta Halo" and "Regret."

Halo 2 did have better interior encounters than Halo 1 did though. Specifically the last few on "High Charity," in addition to many on "The Great Journey," "Sacred Icon," "Delta Halo" and "Regret."

I agree. Some of Halo 2's encounters were fantastic, just some were pretty bad. Still, it stands out as my favorite from the series, but Im sure the MP helped with that.

Kujo

I hope Halo 4 ends up the best by far (SP and MP), so we can all agree on something. On the other hand, if it turns out shitty like Reach I'm breaking all my Halo discs

Striker

On Halo 3 it was very rare you would get people hiding behind geometry, that shit just didnt work on that game, it was a lot more movement based than Reach is, which is all about being static and trying to hide behind geometry.
lol that is some serious horseshit.

Well that settles that.

Haha he's right though. I think everyone will agree (I just made a post about how no one would agree on anything lol) that Halo 3's sniper is more challenging to use than the Reach one, but the very nature of the snipers gametype is to hide, try to poke your head out and get some headshots. A ton of movement is not a part of the snipers gametype.

I've never played a sniper match in CE, 2, 3, or Reach that had a great deal of movement.

Haha he's right though. I think everyone will agree (I just made a post about how no one would agree on anything lol) that Halo 3's sniper is more challenging to use than the Reach one, but the very nature of the snipers gametype is to hide, try to poke your head out and get some headshots. A ton of movement is not a part of the snipers gametype.

I've never played a sniper match in CE, 2, 3, or Reach that had a great deal of movement.
Then play with Bobs99 ...?

Top Bottom