• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

It's the DLC playlist. You can only enter that playlist if you have all the DLC maps available on your hard drive, right? I have the Anniversary maps on my disc, and the Noble and Defiant packs on my hard drive. I don't think I can enter the playlist.

heckfu

Banned
It's the DLC playlist. You can only enter that playlist if you have all the DLC maps available on your hard drive, right? I have the Anniversary maps on my disc, and the Noble and Defiant packs on my hard drive. I don't think I can enter the playlist.

do you not have the anniversary download code still?

Rapstah

I have this game now and can be found at the GT "Uncle Rapstah". Keep in mind I'm shit at it and will play the campaign through on Heroic before really getting into MP. :(

I fired up Reach and got a pop up notification for the December update, and the January update appears to be up.

EDIT: Sweet jesus 100% bloom is awful.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I fired up Reach and got a pop up notification for the December update, and the January update appears to be up.
I still get updates for the November playlist update when I use the Reach disc and updates for ATLAS when I use the Anniversary disc. Happens about 40% of the time.

heckfu

Banned
GOOD ONE MAN

playing 3ds, right? why are you upset?

Tashi0106 said:
On TinyChat

southpark_nice.png

It's insane that the Anniversary disc is incompatible with the Noble and Defiant DLC. They're on your hard drive, why can't that disc access them? And now you can have all the DLC maps between the disc and DLC, but you still can't access a playlist that uses only the maps you have? Seriously, what the fuck is up with that?

I mean we knew from the outset that it wouldn't work that way. That's why the DLC download code was attached. I think Dax is awesome for giving the code away but I'm pretty sure he knew that incompatibility issue from the get go.

blamite

It's insane that the Anniversary disc is incompatible with the Noble and Defiant DLC. They're on your hard drive, why can't that disc access them? And now you can have all the DLC maps between the disc and DLC, but you still can't access a playlist that uses only the maps you have? Seriously, what the fuck is up with that?

FyreWulff

I'm going over that in my review, but yeah.. the Anniversary disc should have been able to load the DLC. It's like they still wanted people to pay for Defiant and Noble and then forgot to let people actually be upsold to them by having it not load them.

Squad Gametypes appear to be:

Slayer
Slayer DMRs
Slayer Pro
Elite Slayer

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
I'm going over that in my review, but yeah.. the Anniversary disc should have been able to load the DLC. It's like they still wanted people to pay for Defiant and Noble and then forgot to let people actually be upsold to them by having it not load them.

Yup. That's one of the many things that was handled poorly about anniversary I think. Since they wanted to use Reach's multiplayer it really should have had all of Reach's maps including the DLC maps. The base is as fragmented as ever thanks to the way it was done.

$15 solves your problem.

Oh yeah. I'm going to burn $15 dollars on maps I already have.

Honestly, I feel like I got ripped off a bit by 343 in this case. I didn't know I wouldn't be allowed in all-DLC playlists – despite the fact that I have all the DLC – when I had the code. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been so eager to give it away.

I was assuming that, in all DLC playlists, I would only get the maps that I was playing with. Anniversary when I had that disc in, and Noble and Defiant for when I had the Reach discs in.

But maybe it's my fault for not looking into the circumstances a little more closely. But I do wonder if there are other, more casual fans in my place who thought they could give away the code because they had all the maps.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really really reallllllllllllly wish Squad DLC wasn't 100% bloom.

FyreWulff

Yup. That's one of the many things that was handled poorly about anniversary I think. Since they wanted to use Reach's multiplayer it really should have had all of Reach's maps including the DLC maps. The base is as fragmented as ever thanks to the way it was done.

Yup, definitely should have been a Mythic-style disc. It's like they couldn't figure out what the purpose of the Halo Reach Anniversary Multiplayer Demo was going to be, and the way it was executed serves to reinforce that it splits the userbase.

Also, I already got a random voice message sarcastically thanking me for going 26-4 on Alpha Zombies :lol

blamite

While I'm going off on 343 for making shitty design decisions, I might as well say:

Dear 343 Indistries,

Why the FUCK does Squad DLC not use TU gametypes? You already admitted the playlist is being added on a probationary basis, so if you want people to actually play it, why would you go out of your way to not use the new tweaks that you patched into the game to appease fans in the first place? I would absolutely spend the majority of my Reach time in that list if it used TU settings at least some of the time, but completely leaving them out has just pushed me away. I tried one game and couldn't even finish it after being brought back to everything I disliked about vanilla Reach.

And feedback systems be damned! I'd rather have a decently fun game with a slightly below average feedback system than a shitty game with a feedback system that does a fantastic job of showing how shitty the game is. Tighter bloom, bleedthrough melees, and nerfed Armor Lock were all things that made me feel more in control of the action, and taking them away just brings back all the jankiness that made me stop playing Reach until the TU released.

But adding the TU to existing playlists like BTB, (slowly removing the vanilla Halo you said would continue to exist) while leaving it out of new ones? Makes. No. Sense. Get it together.

Today I learned a valuable lesson about friendship: friends don't let friends play vanilla Reach.

Your friend,
blamite

senador

Banned
I'm pretty sure they said that they literally had no more room on the disc for the other maps and they'd have to go 2 disc if they did, then they would have had to increase the cost. I would have been OK with that, but they had to make a choice. $60 for a remake would have been unjustifiable for many people. I feel they made the right choice. If you paid damn attention you'd have all the maps. Its not really 343's fault I don't think. Though I do also understand the other side of it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure they said that they literally had no more room on the disc for the other maps and they'd have to go 2 disc if they did, then they would have had to increase the cost. I would have been OK with that, but they had to make a choice. $60 for a remake would have been unjustifiable for many people. I feel they made the right choice. If you paid damn attention you'd have all the maps. Its not really 343's fault I don't think. Though I do also understand the other side of it.
Ehh, that's a shady excuse. And an extra disc shouldn't cost $20. I could see $45 perhaps, but $60 for two discs of barely new content would have been absurd.

Edit : And yeah, Blamite, I totally agree. If Squad DLC was using TU settings it'd be my main playlist.

Top Bottom