• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

No because Reachs rank system is the Bronze - Onyx stuff. Its investment system was the whole captain - Inheritor. Theres a total difference.

Heres the main reasons why they fail

Ranking
1.) Reach isn't an RTS and using a ladder system doesn't really work.
2.) Noone cared for the playlists thus instantly shattering anyrespect from achieving any of these ranks

Investment System
1.) Not everybody cares about Armor or Icons next to your name
2.) As soon as you hit halfway through full moon you can buy EVERY piece of armor so all those other credits just sit in your account never doing anything. This means Full moon should have been the last rank as you are already completely rewarded within the game meaning you have everything you can get. The rest are completely dependent on people just wanting to hit the highest exp rank and are basically pointless. If there was other stuff credits were used for that would be fine, like in CoD you can do wager matches and stuff like gun modifications/appearance changes.

Wasn't speaking of the arena ranking system, just the investment system. Although the investment system doesn't offer much of a reward, armor and such, the point I was trying to make is that it's emphasize is wrong. It should be emphasizing your actions in the game and what credit rewards you are getting for them, including milestones for commendations, which needed to be greatly expanded. Instead, the game associates jams your accomplishments into the corner, gives odd CR numbers to each action, doesn't emphasize that, have limited progression through commendations and other actions, and worst of all, gives you the majority of your xp/cr just for playtime and random jackpots, while your individual and team actions in games get you jack shit in comparison.

Tunavi

Banned
Armour Lock is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
Evade is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
Bloom is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
The Banshee is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
lol Everything works fine when implemented properly...

Kujo

wonder why EA hasn't been sued yet from the game glitch.
Well they use FIFA because it's a way to convert points into real money, but it's not really the means in which people are getting other's accounts. How it happens remains a mystery still

Striker

Armour Lock is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
The Banshee is fine if it's implemented properly, and in less than one playlist.
I hope you're not serious.

Sigh, doesn't matter.

Kujo

how? I dont play FIFA
I don't either, but I think you can buy these gold packs or something with points on the account, and then resell these packs outside the market place on auction sites or other means. I think it's one of the only games you can do it so that's why it's targeted. Still though they should remove the packs altogether

Tunavi

Banned
I don't either, but I think you can buy these gold packs or something with points on the account, and then resell these packs outside the market place on auction sites or other means. I think it's one of the only games you can do it so that's why it's targeted. Still though they should remove the packs altogether
This whole thing is out of control but its going unnoticed because its not happening to everyone like the PSN shitstorm last year. Neither MS or EA dont give a shit until a good majority of people start getting pissed. Sad

This one's for you Steelyuhas05

how? I dont play FIFA

The only thing I know is that you can make real money on an official site for the game by winning matches in a certain game mode. I think a friend of mine made 20 euros that way. I'm not sure btw about the site being official, but that's what my friend told me.

Thermite

9mBCE.gif

1vGiw.gif

The only thing I know is that you can make real money on an official site for the game by winning matches in a certain game mode. I think a friend of mine made 20 euros that way. I'm not sure btw about the site being official, but that's what my friend told me.
My friend told me that you can lose your soul playing Reach. After he told me this certain information I knew Reach is a diabolical game. It will kill us all. It's the new Ring Video thing.

What I want to say with this post: BS. Except he played in a tournament or they did other things during the FFA match. But there is no reason, a person would give money to another person to play a specific gametype lol. It seems so... stupid.

Wasn't speaking of the arena ranking system, just the investment system. Although the investment system doesn't offer much of a reward, armor and such, the point I was trying to make is that it's emphasize is wrong. It should be emphasizing your actions in the game and what credit rewards you are getting for them, including milestones for commendations, which needed to be greatly expanded. Instead, the game associates jams your accomplishments into the corner, gives odd CR numbers to each action, doesn't emphasize that, have limited progression through commendations and other actions, and worst of all, gives you the majority of your xp/cr just for playtime and random jackpots, while your individual and team actions in games get you jack shit in comparison.

So what should they do? Something like:

Time played = Same points everyone gets but like a lower number than currently
Game won = +500
Each kill = +25
Flag Cap /Bomb detonate = +200

?

Why would you spend 8 hours doing that just to prove a point if you don't expect anything to be done about it?
As you said, to make a clear example. There are a lot of people who logged many hours on the game, who bought into the investment system (myself included). This basically shits all over their efforts. And it's all on 343 Industries.

They could do several things to fix these exploits and bugs that they just recently introduced:

-Shutdown the custom challenge system altogether, adjust payout values, or limit the amount of credits or challenges that can be earned over time.

-Remove the daily credit limit altogether. Let people earn credits for their play, regardless of date, time, or time zone, or return to pre-December settings, since we can't turn dials properly.

I agree that gameplay changes take priority, but these are problems they introduced. They could at least undo their failures in the short term.

Striker

Game won = +500
Each kill = +25

?
Yeah, it would depend on what's going on. For example, flag caps/bomb arms only are team based, and let's say kills, are not judged in non slayer games.

Yeah, it would depend on what's going on. For example, flag caps/bomb arms only are team based, and let's say kills, are not judged in non slayer games.

Dont think they should be discounted entirely they are still very important in objective gametypes. I see though weigh kills less in objective and more in Slayer gametypes?

Sorry im posting a bunch, systems are down at work, not much else to do but text and surf.

Havok

:|

The difference between these things is that the Arena rating and ranking systems are not actively broken; people just don't give a shit about it, developers included. The ideas behind the divisional system are a great alternative to the linear 1-50 grind, but they chose to segregate it into a playlist that receives no attention and gets no advertisement instead of using that ranking system to incentivize people in their competitive playlists.

This whole thing is out of control but its going unnoticed because its not happening to everyone like the PSN shitstorm last year. Neither MS or EA dont give a shit until a good majority of people start getting pissed. Sad

This one's for you Steelyuhas05

There's no zero in the tag lol.

Of course, now that my account is gone, I really want to play. Figures.

Game won = +500
Each kill = +25

?

Yeah, that's the basic balance that I'm trying to get at. There are a ton of things that could be down to improve the investment system from what is in Reach, but this needs to be the first thing IMO, and then you can expand off that.

Booshka

Dont think they should be discounted entirely they are still very important in objective gametypes. I see though weigh kills less in objective and more in Slayer gametypes?

Sorry im posting a bunch, systems are down at work, not much else to do but text and surf.

Take Shadowrun's in-game scoring system, and make that the leveling and ranking system across your Career. In SR the scores only pertain to each game, and there is no leveling and ranking, but the in-game scoring is extremely comprehensive and covers every aspect of the game, and applies a balanced score value to it. It even has a scoring value for objective pickup, carry distance, and finally flag score; it also scores you for damage dealt to a killed opponent, even if you didn't get the kill. This is all built into the in-game currency, Halo wouldn't even have to do that, just put in shiny emblems, numbers going up, and bars filling up over time.

Take Shadowrun's in-game scoring system, and make that the leveling and ranking system across your Career. In SR the scores only pertain to each game, and there is no leveling and ranking, but the in-game scoring is extremely comprehensive and covers every aspect of the game, and applies a balanced score value to it. It even has a scoring value for objective pickup, carry distance, and finally flag score; it also scores you for damage dealt to a killed opponent, even if you didn't get the kill. This is all built into the in-game currency, Halo wouldn't even have to do that, just put in shiny emblems, numbers going up, and bars filling up over time.

I do like the comprehensive assist system where you get points depending on how much you assisted. Gears 3 does that pretty well, and it was on my wishlist for Reach after the beta.

Something like Slayer points, Objective points, assist points / 3 = overall score.

The whole flag carried flag dropped thats so Halo would make objective carry time tough to really count...

My friend told me that you can lose your soul playing Reach. After he told me this certain information I knew Reach is a diabolical game. It will kill us all. It's the new Ring Video thing.

What I want to say with this post: BS. Except he played in a tournament or they did other things during the FFA match. But there is no reason, a person would give money to another person to play a specific gametype lol. It seems so... stupid.
Nah, I'll ask him tomorow. I don't see why several people who are not friends with each other would tell me the same lie though.

Booshka

I do like the comprehensive assist system where you get points depending on how much you assisted. Gears 3 does that pretty well, and it was on my wishlist for Reach after the beta.

Something like Slayer points, Objective points, assist points / 3 = overall score.

The whole flag carried flag dropped thats so Halo would make objective carry time tough to really count...

It's similar in SR, but the score is calculated on how far you carried the flag toward the capture point. So you can't just hold the flag and rack up points, you have to make progress toward scoring. There is also a scoring bonus for first touch, this doesn't really apply to Halo, outside of Neutral Flag, but this helps prevent stalemates and ties in SR, and you can also get a quick touch on the flag, to get a little more money for you or a teammate to buy something before the buy menu is disabled 30 seconds into the round.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The difference between these things is that the Arena rating and ranking systems are not actively broken; people just don't give a shit about it, developers included.

Yup. Arena needs a fundamental redesign and approach. No amount of bandaiding is going make anyone care this late into the game.

I suggested that the evade sound be replaced with a sound byte simply saying 'Tunavi' every time you roll, we even tried it out but Xand grew tired of it fast.

Top Bottom