• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Walshicus

Shishka said:
Don't quit your day job.

[Edit] Unless your day job as you using Photoshop.
Hey, if you guys would rather provide a quality version of the same scene where Mr Skullface has ditched his teenage emo-phase helmet for something more professional... would be happy to retire my skillz!

In all seriousness though I understand the need for differentiated character design, but he is pretty ridiculous. Said it before: you'd expect it from something brain-dead like Army of Two, not Halo. :(

Gui_PT said:
His helmet looks cool with the skull! U didn't fix it!
I'm with you Sir Frag. It's an obvious CoD4 ripoff...

ghost_1258336529.jpg

Gui_PT

Sir Fragula said:
Hey, if you guys would rather provide a quality version of the same scene where Mr Skullface has ditched his teenage emo-phase helmet for something more professional... would be happy to retire my skillz!

In all seriousness though, I understand the need for differentiated character design, but he is pretty ridiculous. Said it before but you'd expect it from something brain-dead like Army of Two, but not Halo. :(

He has a skull too. And he's badass

The Lamonster said:
I'm with you Sir Frag. It's an obvious CoD4 ripoff...

You're a ripoff =(

ultim8p00

Banned
Arnie said:
The art looks beautiful apart from Kat's design. Why does she look so blatantly feminised for a Spartan? In The Baby Sitter the audience had no idea the Spartan was a woman until she took her helmet off, which in my opinion, and how the fiction has previously described it is the correct way to portray a female Spartan. So to have Kat with her exaggerated gangly body clutching at the fallic pistol with both hands just looks ridiculous in my eyes.

Everything else looks gorgeous and of course that was only a minor gripe. Jorge could potentially be the coolest character in the entire Halo universe.

oh my god :lol :lol

Walshicus

Got to disagree with Arnie. I think Kat's design is pretty well realised. I liked how Bungie have toed near-immaculately the line between her being excessively feminised and unrealisticly butch.

Arnie

Sir Fragula said:
Got to disagree with Arnie. I think Kat's design is pretty well realised. I liked how Bungie have toed near-immaculately the line between her being excessively feminised and unrealisticly butch.
Each to their own, I personally don't know why she has to look completely different to every other Spartan, just because she's a woman. It's is an over-feminised character model, the same way you think Skully is over the top.

Still doesn't negate the fact Jorge is the shit.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hmm...Kat does look a bit thinner than she did in the reveal trailer, IIRC.

Granted, it's a different perspective, but to me, the difference seems a bit skewed.

big ander

I thought I was a GI subscriber, but I didn't even when realize my subscription ran out over the summer. :p
Wonder if I can extend it and get the issue right away...

StUnNeR H2K

Mass Effect 2 - Jan 26
Star Trek Online - Jan 29 (Early Start)

... along with a little Halo Reach goodies, it's like nerdtopia in Jan 2010! Great start to the year!

EDIT: ...and I haven't cared for the skull on the helmet since they showed it at the Priemere, but it's a artistic choice I can live with.

Top Bottom