• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I love everyone saying it doesn't look like a big improvement. Said the same thng about the jump from Halo 2 to 3. Just like before you put this next to Halo 3 and it is a vast improvment. It is just the same art style, because it is Halo. :lol

Looks great. :D

Wow @ some of these ridiculous 'criticisms'..

It so obvious who's just shitting up the thread(s) for the sake (or out of fear/hate) and who's really played Halo 3 enough to know what it looks like and see where Reach has improved.

Even in beta screens, Reach looks so much better it's not even funny. It has better everything!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Rehosting the images:

rvzouf.jpg

10573h0.jpg

2v9855k.jpg

ouceol.jpg

nfqo9d.jpg

21odms3.jpg

qys2fo.jpg

5l2jkj.jpg

21m7rx0.jpg

2z56rtk.jpg

250o2h3.jpg

Trasher

Not a Jellyfish said:
I love everyone saying it doesn't look like a big improvement. Said the same thng about the jump from Halo 2 to 3. Just like before you put this next to Halo 3 and it is a vast improvment. It is just the same art style, because it is Halo. :lol

Looks great. :D
Halo CE to Halo 2, and Halo 2 to Halo 3 had good graphic jumps, but I dunno. The Halo 3 to Halo Reach jump may be the shortest of them all. Won't know for sure until the game is in my hands.
Just wanted to reiterate that graphics on a game aren't that important to me.

Hey guys, this is my first post. Finally got accepted. I've been lurking in this thread since it began, props to the OP... Been checking the posts throughout the whole Oonsk ordeal, i myself found another face and made a character but i wont post it seeing as people are getting sick of the faces :lol

Im so excited for this game, here's a fan art piece im working on, hope its ok to post it. Hope you guys like it so far :)

progress1.jpg

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Trasher said:
Halo CE to Halo 2, and Halo 2 to Halo 3 had good graphic jumps, but I dunno. The Halo 3 to Halo Reach jump may be the shortest of them all. Won't know for sure until the game is in my hands.
Just wanted to reiterate that graphics on a game aren't that important to me.
Understandable but it is a jump. Will be interesting to see in motion, and when the beta comes. :D

Same here. Also any customs tonight?

MrDaravon

Hmm. Character models look great, aside from the Skirmisher (which I'm not really caring for) and the Elite looking really oddly proportioned. Some of the environments look interesting, some look really boring, but all of them seem kinda "eh" to me quality-wise. Still way too early for anyone to make any calls on the quality one way or the other anyway. I also want to see some actual screenshots in proper first-person.

dilatedmuscle said:
Hey guys, this is my first post. Finally got accepted. I've been lurking in this thread since it began, props to the OP... Been checking the posts throughout the whole Oonsk ordeal, i myself found another face and made a character but i wont post it seeing as people are getting sick of the faces :lol

Im so excited for this game, here's a fan art piece im working on, hope its ok to post it. Hope you guys like it so far :)

progress1.jpg

I thought I saw this over at GT forums?

IZZO

Neo Member
I'm still amazed by the assassination screen-shot and it made me think, will there be a special assassination sequence if you have an energy sword?

I hope so :D

Even if this ends up just halo 3 with a bunch of new multiplayer maps, I'm completely sold. But it does look better to me. I agree with others saying that the environments look slightly bland...the ground textures just look like plastic, and where the boulders meet the ground looks too perfectly round and unnatural. Everything else looks fine to me though. I'd like more forest and less rocks and empty space, but I've always been a sucker for fighting in the dense woods.

GhaleonEB

I hope the assassination animation is very, very fast. Not the kind of thing you start and then miss, or go through a long animation like the Halo Wars Wraith boarding animation. Epic leap, flip, half twist.

Trasher

Not a Jellyfish said:
Understandable but it is a jump. Will be interesting to see in motion, and when the beta comes. :D

Same here. Also any customs tonight?
Yeah, we are playing customs right now. Have 9 at the moment.

-PXG-

Screens looked much better in GI. This batch, I don't know, looks a little flat. Really drab too. Still, game play is all that really matters. Of course, Bungie won't disappoint in that department.

SailorDaravon said:
Hmm. Character models look great, aside from the Skirmisher (which I'm not really caring for) and the Elite looking really oddly proportioned. Some of the environments look interesting, some look really boring, but all of them seem kinda "eh" to me quality-wise. Still way too early for anyone to make any calls on the quality one way or the other anyway. I also want to see some actual screenshots in proper first-person.

I agree, only a number of screens look good, the rest are very lackluster. We could use the whole "this game isnt done yet" excuse but then again bungie should have paid more attention to how flattering the pictures are instead of having 3 awesome ones and the rest look "meh". Then again, i saw vast improvements from the H3 Beta to its final version. I really hope the games graphics deliver (i know the gameplay will) seeing the new pictures for Alan Wake kinda set my expectations high for the graphics for this game although this game most likely has a lot more going on under the hood.

still looks better then God of War 3

IZZO said:
nothing yet

Actually i think one fo the GI images may be from MP

Upper right hand picture, page 61... I know the protagonist will be slightly customizable but according to the picture im talking about, you can change the protagonists color and shoulder pads unless it is in fact Multiplayer; shoulder pad, color, helmet attatchment

TheLOLMan

Neo Member
Looks like....Unreal engine.

Anyway, everything looks alot more natural as oppose to Halo 3 where everything looks flat & square'ish.

Apath

abacab driver said:
Wow @ some of these ridiculous 'criticisms'..

It so obvious who's just shitting up the thread(s) for the sake (or out of fear/hate) and who's really played Halo 3 enough to know what it looks like and see where Reach has improved.

Even in beta screens, Reach looks so much better it's not even funny. It has better everything!
Just because I don't find the screen shots to be a big improvement over Halo 3 doesn't mean I'm trying to shit up the thread/bash Halo/whatever. It was just my two cents on the screen shots. I'm sure they will improve as time goes on and if Bungie is actually doing motion capturing for animations, I'm sure in motion it will look much smoother than Halo 3 did.

And I'm always up for custom matches whenever I'm on. My gamer tag is TheGuyBhindYou, so feel free to hit me up.

TheLOLMan said:
I am sorry my lord....that is my honest opinion.:D

Well, if you mean the environment, yes. It's the fog and rock textures, they do seem UT3/Gears of War-ish.

If you mean character models, then please look at my previous reply to your comment again.

starsky

dilatedmuscle said:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/dilatedeyeball/progress1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice. Love the lighting placeholder you've put on the picture. Nice detail on the helmet.

Keep on it! And welcome aboard.

TheLOLMan

Neo Member
Ajemsuhgao said:
Well, if you mean the environment, yes. It's the fog and rock textures, they do seem UT3/Gears of War-ish.

If you mean character models, then please look at my previous reply to your comment again.
...of course the character model looks like halo, it's teh halo!

I just hope they make the shooting alot more fun. Don't know if it's just me, firing weapon in Halo 1 or 2 feel & sounds better....almost as if the weapon pack a punch unlike Halo 3 with sub-par firing animation & sound, it gave me the feeling of firing water gun. :/

NameIess

I can't say I'm blown away by the visuals shown, but the game definately looks better than Halo 3... I would agree with others if the gameplay is solid thats the most important thing, but some expect this flagship title to push the 360 to it's limits...

21m7rx0.jpg

I just realized the dead Jackal in this picture. For some reason I assumed Skirmishers would replace Jackals altogether. Glad they didn't.

Also, are the things on the roof Skirmishers? They almost look like they have dog heads, from the front. :lol

Nutter

Sean P. said:
Look I'm posting :D

One game was fun haha, close. How often are you guys on?
We usually game every day or every other day. COD sort of messed that up for a while; but I think we are back into our regular Halo nights.

I was just not feeling it tonight, couldnt finish any damn kill off : [

Those Unreal engine comparisons... The Unreal Engine has much more depth in amotspheric perspective

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/914/914185/gears-of-war-2-20080929084132541.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/940/940397/batman-arkham-asylum-20081222092825371.jpg

But i still think Halo3 is the best looking game on the 360, no matter what anybody sais.. I dont play on an HD 1080p tv so im not flooded with jaggies and the textures look way better on a standard tube tv. It looks better on my 20 yr old sony tube then all my friends HD LCD's.. Unreal Engine = Smoke and Mirrors... Halo = Substance.

bakemono said:
Very nice. Love the lighting placeholder you've put on the picture. Nice detail on the helmet.

Keep on it! And welcome aboard.

Thanks, feelin welcomed :D

Gomu Gomu

Screens look awesome. The environments though isn't so hot tbh. I don't know about you guys. But I'm reeeeaaally excited to hear how the music turns out.

dilatedmuscle said:
But i still think Halo3 is the best looking game on the 360, no matter what anybody sais.. I dont play on an HD 1080p tv so im not flooded with jaggies and the textures look way better on a standard tube tv. It looks better on my 20 yr old sony tube then all my friends HD LCD's.. Unreal Engine = Smoke and Mirrors... Halo = Substance.

Thanks, feelin welcomed :D

I agree with this.

And before I made the switch to HD, I probably would've agreed with the Halo 3 being one of the best looking 360 games. But playing on an HD monitor...holy fuck, it's horrible.

Sean P.

Nutter said:
We usually game every day or every other day. COD sort of messed that up for a while; but I think we are back into our regular Halo nights.

I was just not feeling it tonight, couldnt finish any damn kill off : [

Sounds good to me, just send me an invite anytime you see me on.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hey someone cooler than me should make a GAF thread about this Bungie-Haiti donation thing. The one where you play 1 game and change your heart symbol. I'm sure there are a lot of GAFfers who might play at least 1 game with the changed symbol. Just a thought.

Ajemsuhgao said:
I just realized the dead Jackal in this picture. For some reason I assumed Skirmishers would replace Jackals altogether. Glad they didn't.

Also, are the things on the roof Skirmishers? They almost look like they have dog heads, from the front. :lol

Yup. Seems identical to its Halo 3 counterpart so Im curious if they will have the different helmets/armor of halo 1. I would love to see a close up of the jackals to see the little differences in the model.

Also, while the concept of the skirmisher is really neat, I do have to say they have some pretty crazy plumage on the back of their head. Looks like some crazy cartoony hairstyle. :lol

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
Hey someone cooler than me should make a GAF thread about this Bungie-Haiti donation thing. The one where you play 1 game and change your heart symbol. I'm sure there are a lot of GAFfers who might play at least 1 game with the changed symbol. Just a thought.
If only you actually played with Gaffers you would see almost everyone has a Heart already. :)

Top Bottom