• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Show Moving from Showtime to Paramount Plus

I feel like this thing will never happen. Been a Halo fan since 2001. They have been saying this shit for over a decade now about Halo movies or shows. The only thing we ever got close to that was the Forward Unto Dawn youtube series (which was actually pretty decent considering the budget) and that REALLY shitty Lock mini-series.

Naked Lunch

I feel like this thing will never happen. Been a Halo fan since 2001. They have been saying this shit for over a decade now about Halo movies or shows. The only thing we ever got close to that was the Forward Unto Dawn youtube series (which was actually pretty decent considering the budget) and that REALLY shitty Lock mini-series.
Unto Dawn was good but the best Halo "film/short film" was Halo Legends - the animated collection of anime shorts. The short called Prototype is hype - and the female Spartan sniper one was very memorable.

I was always in the "ill believe it when I see it" camp of the Halo show. If live action aint working out - they should go the animated route.

VAVA Mk2

Unto Dawn was good but the best Halo "film/short film" was Halo Legends - the animated collection of anime shorts. The short called Prototype is hype - and the female Spartan sniper one was very memorable.

I was always in the "ill believe it when I see it" camp of the Halo show. If live action aint working out - they should go the animated route.
Halo Legends was great. I always wanted a sequel. Halo FUD was decent. Halo Nightfall was shit and underwhelming.

EDMIX

EducatedTerribleBird-small.gif

Dabaus

Banned
The premise sounds like sjw bull shit, which I guess is par for the course for most western game franchises nowadays. “Spartans struggle with losing their humanity.” We want to see Spartans kicking ass and taking names, not laying on the couch crying to his psychologist.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
Apparently Halo Infinite is not the only thing at 343 appearing to have production issues...

But why are they moving it to paramount? Production issues?

Nope. They are moving because they have been impressed thus far and feel it will move subs to the service. Paramount isnt some small service here guys.

jaysius

Banned
Great, no fucking clue how to watch this in Canada.

I’m shocked that paramount plus is so optimistic about still existing past this year.

wolffy71

Banned

I’m shocked that paramount plus is so optimistic about still existing past this year.
Its cbs plus all the new content that the Viacom merger brings. I doubt I get it but they will have a good bit of content including paramount movies 5 weeks after theatre release. Cbs, comedy central, MTV, bet, paramount movies, enough for $6? Idk maybe

My guess is the Halo show should move into the trash. I'm expecting it to be the worst Halo thing yet. I can't wait! Train wrecks are always a good time.

The same way we have to watch basically anything in Canada.

giphy.gif

It's not like there's even another option half the time. Even when we do get something it's hidden behind several shitty government-backed network paywalls, then we can pay to have it too.

Kuranghi

How long do you think it will take from the opening second of the show to your first groan? I'm guessing less than 3 minutes. A random marine will say something really lewd about cortana's body and then get murdered by Covenant 57 seconds later.

Nothing against this particular project, just video game adaptations in general are usually so shite.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
fingers crossed they can make a decent show, when you look at some of the streaming content this could be good

Great fit for a series in my opinion, will have a better chance of building up a large following on a streaming channel. What a time to be a Halo fan, Infinite at the end of the year (things looking really positive now) and this early next year!

Are any of the books any good? Do we know if this is an adaptation of the game or one of the books?
Some of them are excellent, depending on what you’re interested in. Started the forerunner trilogy and I’m a big fan.

Sadly this show is not considered canon

Top Bottom