• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Halo: Spartan Assault" domains registered

Via Gameinformer

Fusible has noticed that domains for Halo: Spartan Assault have recently been registered by MarkMonitor, a company that helps protect brand identity.

The registrations for Halo-SpartanAssault.com (and .net), HaloSpartanAssault.com (and .net), and SpartanAssault.net were initiated on May 30, 2013. Fusible also points out that Halo: Spartan Assault is the name of a piece of fan fiction written in 2009.

After the company needed to initiate action to recover XboxOne.com and XboxOne.net from a domain squatter, it could simply be protecting itself. We certainly wouldn't mind new, diverse takes on the Halo universe, though we likely won't ever see that Halo Wars sequel we've been hoping for.

Stay tuned for our E3 coverage next week to find out if Master Chief (or other Spartans) share the stage at the Xbox One keynote.

[Source: Fusible, WHOIS (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)]

www.halo-spartanassault.com
www.halo-spartanassault.net
www.halospartanassault.com
www.halospartanassault.net
www.spartanassault.net

-------------------------------

So, I wonder if this will be a future Halo Spinoff title, perhaps like ODST? Maybe a continuation of the Spartan Ops story?

Its also worth noting that Halo Bootcamp, a Third Person Shooter, was rated by the Korean rating board for PC recently, and MS did confirm its existence.

Izick

Curious to see what genre it is. I'm guessing that's what the Halo tile that was in the "games section" of the UI in the unveil event.

EDIT: Yeah, actually it's probably just the TV series since they never gave it an official name.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Hell yes. More ODST/Halo Wars like spinoffs from other points in the franchise history please.

My biggest problem with Xbox One are the fact that the specs will hold back the Halo franchise from its potential.

That said, can't wait to see some next gen Halo Announcement trailers.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Really wishing Halo would chill out for a while and focus in on ensuring the next main game is really great, but they have the resources and the money to keep cranking out games from all over the place.

Oh well. I do want that PC game, whatever it is.

Raide

Finally, my Battlefield + Halo game is coming true! ALl I want is massive battles and being able to play as a Grunt.

Really wishing Halo would chill out for a while and focus in on ensuring the next main game is really great, but they have the resources and the money to keep cranking out games from all over the place.

Oh well. I do want that PC game, whatever it is.

Didn't MS say they aren't supporting pc? they are really bipolar.

meh ever since Halo 4 ive felt that Halo isnt fun anymore(even my brother in law hated it)
good thing Bungie went to the dark side(PS4) ill get my Halo fix from Destiny

GhaleonEB

Hell yes. More ODST/Halo Wars like spinoffs from other points in the franchise history please.

My biggest problem with Xbox One are the fact that the specs will hold back the Halo franchise from its potential.

That said, can't wait to see some next gen Halo Announcement trailers.

Yeah, Halo has always had amazing trailers. Though, after Halo 4, I'm looking forward to what they can do with the trailers more than the games.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Please for the love of Cortana, no more fucking spinoffs! I'm tired of them! Last good one was Reach but ODST was terrible and Halo Wars was meh. After Halo 4, they just need to let it simmer and release 5.

Please for the love of Cortana, no more fucking spinoffs! I'm tired of them! Last good one was Reach but ODST was terrible and Halo Wars was meh. After Halo 4, they just need to let it simmer and release 5.

ODST wasn't terrible but it wasn't great.

Halo Wars was fantastic though!

Wow now, I agree about Halo Wars, but Halo 3: ODST was pretty great.

Conor 419

Banned
Oh my GODDESS, what is with 343i associating Halo all of these fucking SUPER SHITTY names.

Bootcamp, War Room, Op's, Infinity and now Assault.

YOU FUCKING SUCK.

Conor 419

Banned
Like seriously, I am convinced the whole '343i is passionate about Halo' is some fucking sly as fuck PR stunt from incompetent Microsoft, they just continually destroy the fucking elegance the series has, it's disgusting.

"B-b-but human story"

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT BALD TEENAGE MASTER CHIEF, OMG.

Like seriously, I am convinced the whole '343i is passionate about Halo' is some fucking genius PR stunt, they just continually destroy the fucking elegance the series has, it's disgusting.

I saw it coming when Bungie left. Some franchises need the original developer or they can't survive.

Woorloog

Banned
Are these domains Microsoft's?

If real, interesting. Unfortunately there is not much that can get to buy Xbox One. Going to miss Halo.

derFeef

Like seriously, I am convinced the whole '343i is passionate about Halo' is some fucking sly as fuck PR stunt from incompetent Microsoft, they just continually destroy the fucking elegance the series has, it's disgusting.

"B-b-but human story"

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK.

Calm down mate.

Conor 419

Banned
No seriously I am so pissed off, we're like a year in and Sonic fans are laughing at us.

Sonic fans

Yeah, Halo has always had amazing trailers. Though, after Halo 4, I'm looking forward to what they can do with the trailers more than the games.

Oh it's just going to be some gruff, bald dickhead in a white sheet getting an injection while looking fucking stern at his reflection in a *modify reflective surface for creativity*.

Top Bottom