• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC listed on Amazon UK

Levito

Banned
Seems weird that Microsoft would put one of the Xbone's biggest exclusives on PC, but hey I'm not complaining.

Matriox

Man, I feel like this is a preferable sell for consumers but I figured it was an Xbox One exclusive to get some more xb1 owners. Gonna make it hard for me to choose and I've already got an Xbox One.

Seems weird that Microsoft would put one of the Xbone's biggest exclusives on PC, but hey I'm not complaining.

Hopefully MS wised up and realized they can make more money on it by NOT tying it exclusively to the Xbox one. The majority of diehard Halo fans probably already bought an Xbox One for Halo anyways, so in terms of sales I don't see it being a big exclusive.

Portugeezer

Hopefully MS wised up and realized they can make more money on it by NOT tying it exclusively to the Xbox one. The majority of diehard Halo fans probably already bought an Xbox One for Halo anyways, so in terms of sales I don't see it being a big exclusive.

They have to sell consoles, not just games.

And no I don't believe most Halo fans own a XB1 already.

Mindwipe

I do firmly believe it will happen eventually.

But Amazon UK know nothing, and this proves even less. Amazon UK also advertised it for the 360 immediately after it was announced, and that definitely isn't happening.

Cse

Banned
Hopefully this is true, but if Microsoft is insistent on moving Xbox Ones, then this would be incredibly foolish.

Eh that's not true at all. Have you been reading GAF...or Reddit? Or anywhere else on the internet. I can't the number of times I've read "I'm buying an XB1 for this".

Also why would only die hard Halo fans buy the MCC? It's the perfect jump in point for someone new to the series as well.

Comet

They have to sell consoles, not just games.

And no I don't believe most Halo fans own a XB1 already.
People are not going to rush out in droves to buy a new expensive console to play 4 games they probably already own. The diehard Halo fans should already own a One or are just waiting on Destiny instead which seems to have higher preorder numbers on PS4 anyway

iNvid02

if its true, it would be insane to put it out this year. they need as many people as possible to board the xbone boat

that said, it would be awesome

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well, that would make me buy a new GPU rather than an XB1.

Edit: so that's what the Steam Halo 2 entry was about!

The Steam registry listings for Halo 1-3 are roughly a few years old now. I doubt they'll be repurposed for the MCC -- Microsoft didn't use its inert Rise of Nations app to release the Extended Edition, for example.

Because of how the game is structured on the X1, I wouldn't be surprised if the MCC has one master app that contains a handful of launch options pertaining to the various games. I'd love separate library entries, but having a master app would be more efficient.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't see it happening for a while. Not until next summer at the earliest (if at all).

Sendou

if its true, it would be insane to put it out this year. they need as many people as possible to board the xbone boat

that said, it would be awesome

On the other hand they also need to take care of Halo IP. What better way to grow its value than something like this? Also Microsoft's game division isn't doing too great. Some short-term profits could certainly be useful.

stuminus3

I wonder if we're at the point yet where it's a case of how many sales they'll lose on XB1 by people waiting for a PC version vs how many sales they'll lose by people not buying it at all because a PC version never comes. Terrible sentence, makes more sense in my head.

Son Of D

I feel that if it were to get a PC release Microsoft won't say anything until after the Xbox One version releases to try and push it as a big exclusive and sell hardware.

On the other hand they also need to take care of Halo IP. What better way to grow its value than something like this? Also Microsoft's game division isn't doing too great. Some short-term profits could certainly be useful.

MS just went through a major restructuring; they're not worried about short-term profits right now. And as for taking care of the IP, I kind of think that's what the HMCC, Halo 5, and the two Halo TV shows are for. Doubt they feel any sort of pressing need to release on the PC. If it comes at all, it'll probably not be out for at least a year.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know it's the same man who said that a Halo: CE Anniverary would never happen plenty of time?

Frankie claimed that, at the time he denied CEA, it wasn't actually in the pipeline, but it's a moot point as also denied H2A right before it was announced and said that the Aussie retailer listing for the MCC was a mistake (again, shortly before it was announced). His word is meaningless when it comes to potential leaks, but it's understandable since he has a line to tow.

Top Bottom