• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection HAS GONE GOLD !!!!

TheOddOne

No in incompetent owner who can't run his business did. Lost the only other counselor beside himself and well when almost half your businesses income goes away and you only have 1 employee besides your biller well yea you tend to have no choice in who to cut.
Aww man, that is effected up. Sorry :(

MCD

20gig update and the os team still didn't speed up the install process...as in, separating the install and updating.

good luck shitty internet connection users.

realzzz

Neo Member
Can't wait to play some halo 2 online again ! It was ma favorite xbox live game until they shut down the online of the original xbox.

H3xum

65GB?!?!?!?!

Mannnnn....I really wanted to go digi buttttttttttttttttt thats like 30% of the usable space on the HD

mocoworm

#SUPERPUMPED

tumblr_mpn08cI4Wa1rgarj7o1_500.gif

Halabane

Bit of cost saving on 343 part it seems to me. They just went gold and are putting the burden on customers internet cap by a required dl of 20gbs? Wonder if the reason for this is they ran out of room on the disk and need the space and didn't want to pony up the cost for another disk. Thats alot of data for a day one release on a remake.

I guess they didn't want to use two blu ray discs for whatever reason.

I have a good internet connection here at home but I still dislike downloading huge files and updates, I don't want to think that in the future this disc version might not have access to MP maps because of xbox live.

FZW

Wow, I really need to pick up an external drive soon. That's a huge patch!

A patch is not DLC. It doesnt ADD size to the game, it overwrites certain contents of the game thus keeping the game at the same size. A 20 GB patch is not gonna make a 45GB game 65GB. It will still be 45GB. So, to be clear, you dont need extra space just because its gonna have a 20GB patch.

Also those worried about data caps because they have to download 45GB and the 20GB. Dont be. If you choose not to preload and download it on day one then it will already come with the patch applied, effectively bypassing that extra 20GB.

E92 M3

pretty well. just plug it in, it will reformat to some xbox one format and you are ready to go.

What about selecting what goes where? I am guessing that's in the settings? Thanks.

--

I'm thinking that with such a big patch, it might be best to just download it while I'm at work on day 1.

YES!

Now all I need to know is if the German download has complete English voice-over and texts... Hope they provide that info like Insomniac do with Sunset Overdrive.

MCD

What about selecting what goes where? I am guessing that's in the settings? Thanks.

--

I'm thinking that with such a big patch, it might be best to just download it while I'm at work on day 1.

you can copy/move/delete in my games and apps section. I have all my digital games on my external bufflo hdd and regular apps on the internal one. by default, games go to external but I think you can toggle that off.

A patch is not DLC. It doesnt ADD size to the game, it overwrites certain contents of the game thus keeping the game at the same size. A 20 GB patch is not gonna make a 45GB game 65GB. It will still be 45GB. So, to be clear, you dont need extra space just because its gonna have a 20GB patch.

Also those worried about data caps because they have to download 45GB and the 20GB. Dont be. If you choose not to preload and download it on day one then it will already come with the patch applied, effectively bypassing that extra 20GB.
The language of the post makes it seem that it's 20 GB of content.

Euron

I absolutely cannot wait to play this. It's the perfect package for any Halo fan. Though I probably won't be able to play this until the holiday season once I get an Xbox One, I can already say that this will probably end up as one of my most played games of all time in the long run. Seriously, the value here is unmatched. Props to everyone who made this happen.

E92 M3

I absolutely cannot wait to play this. It's the perfect package for any Halo fan. Though I probably won't be able to play this until the holiday season once I get an Xbox One, I can already say that this will probably end up as one of my most played games of all time in the long run. Seriously, the value here is unmatched. Props to everyone who made this happen.

Value proposition is better than Orange Box in my eyes. On top of that, they made a really nice UI, Halo 5 beta and a short series. Should be very cool.

Bungie must be excited, hehe.

For the preloaders out there; What is the first thing you are gonna do in MCC starting at 12:01am?

If it's 12:01 PST, cure. If it's 12:01 EST then I shall go straight to Halo 2 matchmaking! Hopefully, I'll get Colossus CTF like I did when I first played Halo 2 back in the day. That would be a crazy nostalgia rush.

FrankT

Great, awesome news. Thanks, thanks, thanks.
God, I'm so happy with my 120Mbit connection this gen :D
Not for me, Destiny is one of the biggest disappointments in the last few years for me.

Actually considering trading Destiny for MCC.

Azlan

Kaloo Kalay! Oh man, oh man. I cannot wait to be able to play Halo again. I no longer have my 360 hooked up and it has been far too long. I have been playing the Destiny crucible as a stop gap and every time I am just wishing it was Halo instead.

Really excited for this! I'll probably play through all the campaigns in order, then work my way into all that MP. Really looking forward to remastered H2; eager to see how the added terminals tie in with H5. Also excited to check out Halo Nightfall and the H5 beta. Damn there's a lot of content here.

Also glad to here news about Spartan Ops from Halo 4. I know it wasn't everyone's favorite, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable - at least kept me playing every week while it was releasing.

From the press release:
One caveat we wanted to share is that Spartan Ops, our episodic co-op experience from Halo 4, will now release in December. In the meantime, we’re making some technical enhancements to that experience to make sure it’s smoother and even better than before. All ten episodes will be available at the same time, so we’re working to make an event out of it with our Community teams

Top Bottom