• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection HAS GONE GOLD !!!!

Iceman829

Just cashed in my bing points to get the last $5 I needed and set it to preload. I'm so glad I bought a 4 TB hard drive for all these games now. I hope this 12:01 EST becomes the norm going forward.

Izuna

Banned
PWMgM3z.png

Actually South Korean Won is 10p cheaper

I have $83 in my account through the Gamestop promotion from a while back. Guess I know what I'll be using it on!

Is it okay if I purchase it online through my account when I currently don't have a Xbone or Gold? Been on my PS4 since it's launch but I'm going to be picking up the Xbone and Gold when this releases. Wondering if it's perfectly okay to just pre-purchase it on their website and then download it when I end up picking up an Xbone next month?

i_max

Neo Member
Just making sure, there isn't any Xbone bundles with this game right?

So far the only reason I wanted to get the DaOne

Vidpixel

My temptation to pick up an Xbox One mainly for this game is getting greater and greater as the release for this draws nearer and nearer. 343 are doing such a fantastic job with this collection.

Z3M0G

Going gold doesn't mean much these days. Driveclub went gold once...

Edit: LOL just saw the thread about the day1 20GB patch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914005

"Gold" all right...

Edit: Ah, nevermind, I just see they are releasing what they couldn't fit on the disk this way. I think they should have went with 2 disks. Unless it is purely online content that they are releasing in the patch... so if you don't plan to play online, you don't need to download it anyways. Though if you need bug fixes for campaign, you'd be stuck with downloading 20GB I imagine.

Noobcraft

Are you comparing Driveclub to Halo..? Driveclub is a fine game but we're talking entire different leagues here in terms of... Everything? First it's Xbox live, not PSN, secondly it's not like 343 doesn't have any experience with big, multiplayer game launches, and third the Day one patch downloads before launch if you preload it digitally.

Iceman829

I have $83 in my account through the Gamestop promotion from a while back. Guess I know what I'll be using it on!

Is it okay if I purchase it online through my account when I currently don't have a Xbone or Gold? Been on my PS4 since it's launch but I'm going to be picking up the Xbone and Gold when this releases. Wondering if it's perfectly okay to just pre-purchase it on their website and then download it when I end up picking up an Xbone next month?

Digital purchases are tied to your account. You can buy things now and download them later. I have a friend that "buys" the free games for gold each month so they are tied to his account for when he picks up an XB1.

Just make sure you are using the microsoft account you will use when you setup your XB1 and you will be fine. After setting up your console (whenever you make the purchase) on the dashboard go to "games and apps", from there go to games and scroll to the right. From there you will see a list of games/demos (or just halo in this case) and select it to download.

Z3M0G

Are you comparing Driveclub to Halo..? Driveclub is a fine game but we're talking entire different leagues here in terms of... Everything? First it's Xbox live, not PSN, secondly it's not like 343 doesn't have any experience with big, multiplayer game launches, and third the Day one patch downloads before launch if you preload it digitally.

This wasn't meant to be a PSNvsLive / PSvsXB thing... I'm just saying that "Going Gold" is a pretty loose term and doesn't mean what it used to. Driveclub went "Gold" and it's still far from feature-complete.

Z3M0G

That is content that won't fit on the disc. It's already 45GB.

Yup, figured that out. Sorry. Pretty cool in a way. If it's just multiplayer content, and is an optional download and not required to patch campaign issues, I'm behind this practice.

I really hate that ms is asking 70 euros here in Germany for this game when i can buy for 50 euros on retail . I really wanted to buy it digital and pre-load this game today. Now gonna wait till release day and buy this beauty.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Edit: LOL just saw the thread about the day1 20GB patch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914005

"Gold" all right...

Edit: Ah, nevermind, I just see they are releasing what they couldn't fit on the disk this way. I think they should have went with 2 disks. Unless it is purely online content that they are releasing in the patch... so if you don't plan to play online, you don't need to download it anyways. Though if you need bug fixes for campaign, you'd be stuck with downloading 20GB I imagine.

That's not a patch. It's content. The game is designed to run as a single, unified product, digital is seamless obviously, but we also wanted disc users to have the same experience, without swapping discs. Since the bulk of it is MP or MP related, the logic is sound. There will ALSO be a TU in there, but that in itself is a tiny fraction of the content.

We realize that this isn't ideal for everyone, but it's the path to the smoothest eventual experience.

Mind if I ask you what your specific problem situation is? Disc? Bandwidth cap? Slow speed? Just curious and would like to provide deeper guidance.

If fixes were required for Campaign, they would be very small, but that's not the case. All four campaigns will run directly from the disc without the content update. As will some custom game features. Again, the bulk of the CU is MP and MP related.

Ominym

Banned
I'm extremely hyped. It's been a good long while since I cared about Halo not being a fan of 4. Can't wait for November 11th.

Petrie

Banned
I love my PS4, I love PS+, but this game is my one regret. I have to decide if this one game is worth $500+ to me.

Must resist. I know I don't have the time for my PS4 games as it is.

Adulthood sucks.

Monster Zero

I love my PS4, I love PS+, but this game is my one regret. I have to decide if this one game is worth $500+ to me.

Must resist. I know I don't have the time for my PS4 games as it is.

Adulthood sucks.

Son.....son It's ok, buy a Xbox One. Jump in, the waters fine!

Magwik

Banned

Yeah you should be fine. I'm gonna do that same since I have like $280 Xbox Credit to spend from the same promo

At this point it doesn't seem like there's going to be a bundle for this game.

I was hoping that there would be.

I'll probably just buy an Xbox One sometime in the next few weeks and preload this.

Seriously hyped for this collection.

Is it wrong that I want to buy this digital to play but physical as well to keep?

I may have a problem.

Frankie.. will there be anything special for the physical copies vs the digital? (besides retailer-specific preorder bonuseseses)

Daffy Duck

Played Halo 4 couldn't get into it, got Halo 2 on GWG and enjoyed MP.

I'm tempted to pick this up and try to get into it from the start.

Top Bottom