• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Lockout 1080p/60fps footage

klodeckel

Banned
pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lockout-lift.jpg

pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lockout-elbow.jpg

pax-2014-halo-2-anniversary-lockout-shotgun-hall.jpg

Lockout is the fifth of six classic Halo 2 multiplayer maps being re-imagined for Halo: The Master Chief Collection, joining the previously announced Ascension, Coagulation, Zanzibar and Sanctuary.

Set in an old Forerunner research laboratory in the frigid mountains of Delta Halo, Lockout features fast-paced, close quarters combat with its narrow corridors and vertical level design. With three levels to navigate, adept players can deftly traverse around the map by mastering specific jumping points, enabling them to secure power weapons faster and set up ambushes for unsuspecting opponents.

The re-imagined version of Lockout also includes a few new features that will surprise even the most hardened Halo 2 veterans.

“Lockout was hands-down the most popular small arena-style map in Halo 2,” said Max Hoberman, president of Certain Affinity and one of the original lead designers of Halo 2.

“We're thrilled to be bringing this fan-favorite back, and are paying close attention to the details and subtleties that made the original great while also making a couple of very careful, very calculated enhancements. Most prominent among these are a bit of cover added to the ‘Elbow,’ the long walkway connecting the grav lift to the sniper tower, and a dynamic element that should help counter an entrenched group of enemies. Of course this can be disabled in Forge for players who want a near-match of the original experience.”

If you’re visiting PAX Prime in Seattle, WA (Aug. 29 – Sept. 1), Lockout will be playable at the Xbox Booth (#412, #422, #432), where 16 stations will be available for attendees to try out Halo: The Master Chief Collection’s multiplayer.

Throughout the weekend, 343 Industries will be hosting a number of activities for the Halo community, including a Halo: The Master Chief Collection panel, a developer signing, and the Halo PAX Prime Showdown - a weekend long tournament where fans can qualify and compete for $10,000 in prizes. The tournament will be broadcast live on the Halo Twitch channel.
http://news.xbox.com/2014/08/games-...ncement?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

####################################################
Gameplay (WATCH THIS ONE!!!):
http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/e40720b6f66c4df88ea6590f0528be1e

Flythrough:
http://news.xbox.com/api/mediacart/download/f78682ecdbd04bf88a603e99c83ba270

Youtube Mirrors (not 60fps):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9w5IB00Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9w5IB00Xc&feature=youtu.be&t=1m50s

If you can, try to watch it with the first two links because of the much better quality.

Karl Hawk

Banned
Oh yes! Can't wait to relive the days of Halo multiplayer at 60 FPS. It's gonna be so awesome. ;)

But I have to be honest, I'm buying Halo MCC simply to relive the old days when I used to play Halo. Halo 5 beta is a nice bonus, but I'm gonna wait and see if 343 are good to their promise regarding Halo 5's multiplayer.

The part where the player shoots the ice above one of the buildings and it comes falling down (I assume to crush people caught under it) looks kinda wonky, but aside from that this looks really great.

BokehKing

Banned
60 FPS Halo is beautiful. I definitely prefer and find Halo multiplayer to be superior over Destiny multi.
Eh, I grown out of the everyone starts with one bum weapon, fight for the rocket launcher, only aim from the hip style of play

Looks sweet though, Lord knows I put way too many hours into halo 2 in the past, but when it comes to nostalgia, imo, best to be remembered in memory

VinFTW

On second thought, while it does look incredible and I'm still drooling... Where is the blue? I miss the tuscan/icey aesthetic from the old lockout.

The lighting, sky-box, and colors look exactly like Sanctuary.

On second thought, while it does look incredible and I'm still drooling... Where is the blue? I miss the tuscan/icey aesthetic from the old lockout.

The lighting, sky-box, and colors look exactly like Sanctuary.

they forgot to turn f.lux off when taking screen/video captures

ad8D9SA.gif

wow, that looked great at 60fps. i'm not a big halo fan, but i think this video just convinced me that i need to pick this up. this holiday season is going to destroy my wallet. i'm buying EVERYTHING hahaha

bchamba

Eh, I grown out of the everyone starts with one bum weapon, fight for the rocket launcher, only aim from the hip style of play

Looks sweet though, Lord knows I put way too many hours into halo 2 in the past, but when it comes to nostalgia, imo, best to be remembered in memory

The pistol in CE and BR in 2 and 3 are bum weapons?

image.php

Downloading now.

Looks amazing. Will 343 continue doing God's work and release more H2:A maps via DLC?

also - still not digging the centered location name above the radar. The dark black box behind it looks tacky.

Computer

So you don't like balanced game play?

Looks absolutely beautiful. Game play looks a bit slow compared to the original Halo 2.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks fantastic. i do hope the gameplay lives up to my memories, and i think it will.

Looks amazing. Will 343 continue doing God's work and release more H2:A maps via DLC?

I really hope so, because H2A MP is looking extremely promising. With a fully fledged map selection, I could easily see it becoming the best multiplayer in the series.

also - still not digging the centered location name above the radar. The dark black box behind it looks tacky.

Yeah, I hope they fix that.

Also, I hate the grenade indicators. What the fuck is this, CoD?

CeIeritas

Banned
So, is there anyone who feels like HMCC will make them make the jump to next-gen?

Everyone's saying this'll be a system seller, but is this really a good reason to get into the 8th gen? To play 6th and 7th gen games with a frame-rate and resolution bump?

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo - played it to death back in the golden age (1,2 & 3) - but this feels like some kind of 'nostalgia reach-around' from MS: it might make you feel all fuzzy, but you're still getting fucked in the ass.

Top Bottom