• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naked Lunch

The Halo MCC community is the WORST at voting.

My criteria is

BR starts are most important. If you see BR starts PICK IT. I don't care if its on a shit map, BR starts on a shit map is better than AR's on a great map
If you see 2 BR starts, pick the better map

If no BR starts are available for voting (fix this 343) then vote for Halo CE

I would love to know what game you are playing. Even in this shitty MM state ive managed to painfully wait to play over 150 match making rounds - i can count the smg/ar start rounds ive had on one hand.

Some of the vote choices are unreal. One vote ended up: 1 flag CTF Terminal, Assault Avalanche, or multiflag Bloodgultch. Thats a tough choice! Once (if?) this game works its going to be a beast.

Pop

I'll happily buy this game pre-owned again when it's actually working. How's it looking so far?

I can now find matches within 1 to 2 minutes or less.

Still quite a few bugs like freezing up, dumping everyone in a custom game, getting hung up after a match to where you can't back out. But even with all that, uneven teams still piss me off. However, I have been noticing more even matches now.

Celestia

Into the Belly of the Beast is a tough fight, but it's easier if you play it really aggressively. That's true for a lot of fights in Halo 1.

Lay into the enemy as they're coming through the doors, using the motion tracker for information about where they'll come from next. Try to rip apart groups of grunts and jackals as fast as possible; AR and PP can work here, and grenades if you desperately need to blast a wave.
If there's a group coming toward a door and one blip is way in front of the other blips, there's a fair chance that a sword goldie is coming. They like to roar, which is a great time to stick them with a plasma.
When music plays, you're down to the last few waves.
Try to keep killing enemies quickly to avoid being overwhelmed as long as possible. When you absolutely cannot sustain that any more, the next time you're by a door with enemies, get to the door. Only enemies can open them from the front, but you can use the hallways+doors for cover and to funnel enemies, to slowly pick off the last of the enemies. It sucks to be in that position, but you'll typically have to do some of it unless you're doing really good.

Hey, thanks for the advice! Unfortunately you can't pick up any covie weapons or grenades on LASO. It's just the AR and sniper. All your ammo is halved too. ;_;

The video is helpful though. I'll try to be far more aggressive this time around. I restarted the level to see if I can save ammo before going up.

With Combat Evolved starting as late into the history of humanity as it did, that's just a natural part of writing for the 'verse. There's a good 545 years or so of stuff that happened that we might have a hard time really understanding, and then on top of that the Covenant have been around since roughly 2000 BC.

Right, I should have explained this better. My problem is not that he retrofitted stuff in the book, is that he did a poor job of it (imo, of course).

Toa TAK

Banned
Right, I should have explained this better. My problem is not that he retrofitted stuff in the book, is that he did a poor job of it (imo, of course).

I dunno. I thought it was really cool to see things like the Brute Chopper, Tartarus' rise to power, and such.

Plus, seeing it through Johnson's and the Deacon's perspective were great, too.

For people who know CE well - in Truth and Reconciliation, after you beat the big room on the Covenant ship, is there supposed to be a scripted scene or is a door supposed to open or something? Currently I'm just stuck in the room with no doors or anything. Can't remember if I'm supposed to do something or if this is a bug.

For people who know CE well - in Truth and Reconciliation, after you beat the big room on the Covenant ship, is there supposed to be a scripted scene or is a door supposed to open or something? Currently I'm just stuck in the room with no doors or anything. Can't remember if I'm supposed to do something or if this is a bug.

Invisible Elites with swords are supposed to come through IIRC. Depending on what difficulty, there might be multiple Invisible Elites with swords that come.

Invisible Elites with swords are supposed to come through IIRC. Depending on what difficulty, there might be multiple Invisible Elites with swords that come.
Yep I killed all of them and the remaining enemies too. I'm just stuck in the room though by myself with no pathways or anything. Any idea what comes next?

hawk2025

I can count on one hand the number of campaign issues I've had since launch.

Me too.

- Freezing
- Lost saves
- Skipping missions
- Ridiculous framerate in coop
- Broken geometry in the remastered version of Halo CE

That's one hand, I suppose.

With the whining out of the way, half off is a ridiculously good deal for this, warts and all, to play the campaigns.

Freeser

Me too.

- Freezing
- Lost saves
- Skipping missions
- Ridiculous framerate in coop
- Broken geometry in the remastered version of Halo CE

That's one hand, I suppose.

With the whining out of the way, half off is a ridiculously good deal for this, warts and all, to play the campaigns.

Sorry I should have been more clear, I can count the instances on one hand.

Hopped on last night for the first time in a few days...

Took a bit longer than i'd like to find a match, around 2 minutes of searching. But once in each match it was perfect and finding a match after that was quick as long as party stayed together.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hopped on last night for the first time in a few days...

Took a bit longer than I'd like to find a match, around 2 minutes of searching. But once in each match it was perfect and finding a match after that was quick as long as party stayed together.

You are "lucky." Lots of people are having the same experience as you (which still isn't good enough) - but many people aren't having as good an experience. Something we hope to fix properly, soon.

I am not posting much for a couple of reasons, one, too busy trying to fix. Two, well past a couple of dozen believable (I don't personally believe them, but better safe than sorry) death threats.

Apologies. We'll keep communicating via Halo Waypoint.

Pachimari

You are "lucky." Lots of people are having the same experience as you (which still isn't good enough) - but many people aren't having as good an experience. Something we hope to fix properly, soon.

I am not posting much for a couple of reasons, one, too busy trying to fix. Two, well past a couple of dozen believable (I don't personally believe them, but better safe than sorry) death threats.

Are you one of the developers on the game?

Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are also half price here but I think I'm gonna wait cause I don't have a Xbox One yet.

Freeser

This is fucked up beyond belief. People need to get their priorities straight.

Stay Stinkles, safely.

Random17

That's unfortunate, but I'm honestly not surprised. People take things way too personally and seriously, especially on the internet.

hawk2025

On GAF?

Wow, that's disgusting. I'm very sorry to hear that and I can't believe time and again people in the game community keep doing things like this.

Not from gaf-ers. (I hope. Maybe Ghal)

Good, hopefully just random twitter children, then.

Keep your spirits up! I believe (and hope) that all the complaining I or the vast majority of other people in a thread like this do is because we want this to be as good as possible :)

Damn...as pissed off as I am about the sub-par experience this game has provided, I would never wish anyone's death over it. That's completely uncalled for.

I know matchmaking is probably top priority, but are you guys working on campaign playlist issues at the moment too? Right now my CE LASO playlist didn't trick my completion of AOTCR...to say I'm fuming is an understatement lol.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Damn...as pissed off as I am about the sub-par experience this game has provided, I would never wish anyone's death over it. That's completely uncalled for.

I know matchmaking is probably top priority, but are you guys working on campaign playlist issues at the moment too? Right now my CE LASO playlist didn't trick my completion of AOTCR...to say I'm fuming is an understatement lol.

Everything is being worked on, matchmaking gets priority but other issues are being worked on in tandem. And you'd be surprised how related they are.

Izayoi

Banned
I know it's last on the list most likely, but map rotations need a pretty good look... I love Hang 'em High, but it is literally every other CE map. Also, shit like Foundry is in, but I have yet to see Timberlands in Team Slayer. WTF??

Are people surprised with death threats? Not saying it's OK whatsoever, but just go read some Youtube comments.

Anything the Internet does never surprises me anymore.

Ramirez

Everything is being worked on, matchmaking gets priority but other issues are being worked on in tandem. And you'd be surprised how related they are.

I know you all can't give dates and promises, but I'd love to know if being able to play with friends and keep a party together is even close to getting fixed. :|

Are people surprised with death threats? Not saying it's OK whatsoever, but just go read some Youtube comments.

Anything the Internet does never surprises me anymore.

The problem is, there is no way to police what these ridiculous people are posting. There is always going to be a way for these "keyboard warriors" to say whatever they like and get away with it.

mbmonk

Are the other 7+ studios that helped create the game also helping fix it? The reasons I ask is because everyone seems to make it sound like 343 is on their own when it comes to fixing these issues. Seems like it would be proper and effecient to have the studios who wrote the code & created the content in on the bug squashing process.

Vinc

This death threat stuff makes me feel sick. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, Frankie. It's insane and sad how thick a skin it feels like you need to have to work in the industry.

Pachimari

I actually think lots of people receive death threats. It was the primary reason it took so long to start development on Mafia II.

And shame on them.

Prologue

Will we be getting an update this week too? Its nice to have weekly updates that improve the experience.

VASPER

Banned

Cool thanks, Death threats are such bullshit. People need to grow up and realize no one deserves to die for something like this. Keep up the good work dude, I have been able to get into Rumble pit and its fun so good enough for me.

I played some more Halo CE single player this weekend and found out that plasma guns are very useful against the flood. The Plasma Pistol is especially fun to use against them because it takes them down quickly and has TONS of ammo. It's a good primary weapon with a Shotgun back-up.

I will be using it to conquer The Library tonight!
Plasma weapons SHRED the Flood, especially the Plasma Rifle over range.
I got death threats for grenade nerf before the first Halo 2 TU. This hardly surprises me. But it's America. So you have to at least consider the reality.
Send a message to their mothers.

KevinG

Thanks for the update, Frankie.

I've been plugging away at other games while MCC finishes cooking. I have faith in the team at 343i. I trust you all will make things right, especially with those who've stuck around and kept communicating bugs (respectfully) since launch.

This hasn't diminished my excitement for Halo 5.

We still appreciate all the work, Stinkles. You and the 343 Crew stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom