• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac456

Well, I'll answer that on pretty easily for you.

Frankie and 343i said that the only reason they were able to include Halo CE in this collection was because of dedicated servers. With they, it was possible to mostly fix the horrendous netcode and lag.

Now, we all know the dedicated servers are nowhere to be seen in this game, which means that it's running of P2P connections, leaving Halo CE to be a terrible, horrible, full of lag experience.

So, that why I never voted for Halo CE on the Team Slayer playlist, and I still won't until/IF 343i introduces the dedicated servers.

H2A is mostly lag with a garbage frame rate on some maps but people love it.... I've had plenty of enjoyable CE matches. More so than H2A

Bsigg12

Does anyone else think Halo 5 will end with a Warthog escape? It would continue the trend of odd numbered games having a vehicle ending and even numbers with a boss fight

Madness

Does anyone else think Halo 5 will end with a Warthog escape? It would continue the trend of odd numbered games having a vehicle ending and even numbers with a boss fight

Locke grabs a broken and battered Chief, saves him from death, throws him into the back of a warthog as new Flood, storm covenant and forerunner enemies chase him down. They're pushing Locke hard enough, I can imagine him save Chief at end and do something like that.

Locke grabs a broken and battered Chief, saves him from death, throws him into the back of a warthog as new Flood, storm covenant and forerunner enemies chase him down. They're pushing Locke hard enough, I can imagine him save Chief at end and do something like that.

Y'know what'd be badass? If they had the Chief as an unwinnable boss fight somewhere in Locke's part of the campaign.

Bsigg12

Sounds fun enough to me.

Y'know what'd be badass? If they had the Chief as an unwinnable boss fight somewhere in Locke's part of the campaign.

The rage that would pour over "343 is turning the Chief into the bad guy" would be glorious

Cow

I can't believe MCC is in it's current state... why can't they just make it work? I don't understand how it is so hard for them to match people correctly when they've been doing it for fucking 10+ years.

Newest update notes for tonight.

SWAT has returned as the featured playlist. It features a variety of game types from Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 2 Classic, and Halo 4, and we’re making additional investments to include Halo 3 in the game type rotation for a future update. As we roll out additional content updates, we’ll be bringing other playlists back into the rotation – these include Halo: CE, Halo 4, Team Hardcore, and future featured playlists, such as Team Doubles, Team Snipers, and more. As we mentioned before launch, we’ll be keeping an eye on voting data and player feedback to determine which playlists stay in the rotation.

Updated the player count to 4v4 (6 minimum, 8 maximum) for the following playlists:
Team Slayer
Halo 2 Classic
Halo 3
Halo Championship Series
SWAT

Updated voting options across multiple playlists to improve the balance of appearance of BR-start and objective game types.
Updated the “max party size” for Big Team Battle from 4-6, and the team is working on resolving issues that are affecting parties with 8 players. Once resolved, the max party size will return to 8.

In a future update, the ranked Halo 2: Anniversary playlist will be moved to 4v4. For now, as the playlist contains a variety of mid-size maps, we’ll be temporarily allowing both 4v4 and 5v5 matches, but have optimized the voting options for this player range. For example, you’ll see less 5v5 Team Slayer BRs on Warlord and more voting options that are catered to the current player counts of 4v4 and 5v5 (8 minimum, 10 maximum). Additionally, you’ll now be able to search as a party of 5. These changes are temporary until we turn ranking online for additional playlists.

mike4001_

I can't believe MCC is in it's current state... why can't they just make it work? I don't understand how it is so hard for them to match people correctly when they've been doing it for fucking 10+ years.

Just came out a month too soon.

If it came out in the current state I would say: OK, basically it works, some work to be done to iron things out ...

The problem was, that it came out about 5 patches ago ;-)

I get on Halo for the first time tonight. Team Slayer. First match? 5v4. And that's AFTER it's been limited to 8 players.

Get fucked, 343.

Edit: Second game. 5v4 again.

I get on Halo for the first time tonight. Team Slayer. First match? 5v4. And that's AFTER it's been limited to 8 players.

Get fucked, 343.

Edit: Second game. 5v4 again.

I heard this was a thing on the waypoint forums. rip

My first 2 games were 4 v 4 but now im on the 5 v 4 train...

...nvm 5 v 5

edit: nvm again 6 v 3

now 6 v 4

membran

Updated voting options across multiple playlists to improve the balance of appearance of BR-start and objective game types.

This probably means less BR starts, which is bad. Broken as Matchmaking may be, at least you could play BR starts 90% of the time.

Seems like all these threads about BR vs SMG start didn't go unnoticed. Though I have to say, they were rather pointless. If there's a voting system in place, and BR starts are getting chosen all the time, then that means the majority of players want to play with BR starts and the person whining in the thread is in the minority. But what do I know.

Computron

fahzgoolin, imma kick yo ass boy. gimme back dat sniper.

vOUAIs7.png

Edit: (another GAF matchmaking random chance encounter brought to you by the ostensibly tiny pool of players burning away their time trying to get a game in this broke ass MM)

Thanks for doing nothing but betraying, I get it already!! can we just play halo? :p

in other news, I love Halo 1:

Zv9aQzp.gif

RdN

Bringing SWAT back without dedicated servers and with all the reports of lag and broken netcode.

Can 343i be more clueless?

I was in the middle of a match when the "Host migration in progress" thing showed up in the bottom right of the screen for about 5 seconds, but nothing seemed to actually happen.

fahzgoolin, imma kick yo ass boy. gimme back dat sniper.

vOUAIs7.png

Edit: (another GAF matchmaking random chance encounter brought to you by the ostensibly tiny pool of players burning away their time trying to get a game in this broke ass MM)
RIP Fahz
Thanks for doing nothing but betraying, I get it already!! can we just play halo? :p

in other news, I love Halo 1:

Zv9aQzp.gif
So good.

Madness

Bringing SWAT back without dedicated servers and with all the reports of lag and broken netcode.

Can 343i be more clueless?

It's been a month, I'd rather take my chance with broken playlists and gametypes already. It can't be any worse than what we've currently got. Uneven teams, crashes etc. As it is, population is probably ridiculously low, by time it's fixed, who's even going to be left for team Snipers, SWAT etc. But this way at least we get some variety. Might as well bring the other playlists back now too.

This was the one shooter I wanted to buy this year, and I've played probably ten rounds in all after hours of trying, and they were cripplingly laggy, uneven, crashed the console, or disconnected prematurely. I'm giving this game one more week, and if it's not any better, I'm getting rid of it. A MONTH after launch, and they're moving to add additional playlists when the ones they have already don't work yet? You're insane, 343.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This was the one shooter I wanted to buy this year, and I've played probably ten rounds in all after hours of trying, and they were cripplingly laggy, uneven, crashed the console, or disconnected prematurely. I'm giving this game one more week, and if it's not any better, I'm getting rid of it. A MONTH after launch, and they're moving to add additional playlists when the ones they have already don't work yet? You're insane, 343.

At this point I honestly dont know if people are just exaggerating or I am just too lucky. After the patch earlier this week. I am finding matches constantly and never experienced connecting to host thing either.

Am I the only one playing on dedicated server? Or no on has ever quit the game from my team in 100+ matches I have played?

I do constant experience lag though. But only few times when its unplayable. But crashes and not finding games are thing of the past for me.

Anyone else on the same boat?

KevinG

At this point I honestly dont know if people are just exaggerating or I am just too lucky. After the patch earlier this week. I am finding matches constantly and never experienced connecting to host thing either.

Am I the only one playing on dedicated server? Or no on has ever quit the game from my team in 100+ matches I have played?

I do constant experience lag though. But only few times when its unplayable. But crashes and not finding games are thing of the past for me.

Same boat. Having an awesome experience.

m23

I think you're in the minority. Played a few games last night, there was lag, couple crashes and some other small issues. It's nowhere near what it was at launch, but its still not close to what it should be.

Nope I play almost every night with at least one other person (last night two other people) and we still have constant issues. Here is our experience as of last night.

1. Everyone boots the game and we get a party together no problem.
2. We start searching in a playlist
3. After a short wait three or four more people are found for the match.
4. After waiting for about 5 minutes for the match to fill up the party leader tries to back us out.
5. Only he is the only one that backs out. We back out to and the party is separated.
6. We then cannot join each other again until the game is reset.

This happened more times than we got games last night. It seems very inconsistent on a night to night basis. There were a few nights where we had very little issues (usually party related that required the game to restart) then the very next night completely different results. I've been playing since launch and have over 200 games played and this game is still no where near acceptable.

iso135

Hmmm. Still mixed on matchmaking/multiplayer performance? The first 1-2 weeks multiplayer worked fairly poorly for me, but I guess it is time to try it out again.

H2A here I come.

Same boat here, it's getting frustrating hearing how "broken" the game is when I'm having that experience I envisioned prelaunch...

I have fairly fast wired Internet though.

However I'm not without issues. Does MCC make anyone else xboxs sound like a jet engine upon load up and then remain very loud during play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom