• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same boat here, it's getting frustrating hearing how "broken" the game is when I'm having that experience I envisioned prelaunch...

I have fairly fast wired Internet though.

However I'm not without issues. Does MCC make anyone else xboxs sound like a jet engine upon load up and then remain very loud during play?

Same boat. For me at this point the only thing stopping me from playing it is lack of playlists.

Big change from "i actually can't play it"

Mdot

At this point I honestly dont know if people are just exaggerating or I am just too lucky. After the patch earlier this week. I am finding matches constantly and never experienced connecting to host thing either.

Am I the only one playing on dedicated server? Or no on has ever quit the game from my team in 100+ matches I have played?

I do constant experience lag though. But only few times when its unplayable. But crashes and not finding games are thing of the past for me.

Anyone else on the same boat?

The lag for me is on and off. I'll have a perfectly smooth match and then the next one is unplayable due to the lag. I originally thought it was the whole game but playing with my buddy last night, he confirmed that it was just me (my spartan was just running around into walls randomly). I felt better about it when I thought it was the whole match, but my connection is more than capable and I hope this gets ironed out.

"and then here's a killcam in halo 2, that's not supposed to be there"

Oh fuck off. It's abundantly clear H2AMP uses the Halo 4 engine as a base and there's more associated mechanical baggage to be concerned about than kill cams if you're looking for an authentic Halo 2 experience.

watership

Here's 36 seconds of gameplay I made, including killcams in Halo 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9yDTGltn4&feature=youtu.be

Was that all one match? Also the kills only seem to happen to headshots here, like you were playing Swat, witch is the only place I've seen killcams in the MCC. (Unless they've been pushed into other playlists today). I've had a rubbing banding match, but it was only in that one match. Your voiceover insinuates that this is typical game performance and I don't think it is. Most games seem to not have this problem.

I can finally join BTB matches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also swat is so much fun. I had a H4 swat match that my team lost 50-48, and one guy on the other team had 44 of his teams kills. Man he was just a one man wrecking crew.

RdN

At this point I honestly dont know if people are just exaggerating or I am just too lucky. After the patch earlier this week. I am finding matches constantly and never experienced connecting to host thing either.

Am I the only one playing on dedicated server? Or no on has ever quit the game from my team in 100+ matches I have played?

I do constant experience lag though. But only few times when its unplayable. But crashes and not finding games are thing of the past for me.

Anyone else on the same boat?

If you're experiencing lag, it's clear that you're not playing on dedicated servers.

Take a look at the Titanfall experience and you'll see what lag free multiplayer really is. TMCC should be running on the same servers and infrastructure.. So far, it's absolutely not doing that.

You guys have NO IDEA how much I want to buy an Xbox One for this game. I really wish they'd sort it out, because like all things, I may lose interest in my potential purchase =[.

If you're experiencing lag, it's clear that you're not playing on dedicated servers.

Take a look at the Titanfall experience and you'll see what lag free multiplayer really is. TMCC should be running on the same servers and infrastructure.. So far, it's absolutely not doing that.

That's not true, is it?. I've had bouts of lag in titanfall and bf4. Not anything crazy, about the same as I'm experiencing here.

RdN

That's not true, is it?. I've had bouts of lag in titanfall and bf4. Not anything crazy, about the same as I'm experiencing here.

If your had lag in Titanfall you either live VERY far away from servers or your ISP wasn't routing the traffic directly to the Windows Azure servers (Verizon's the main culprit in the US, but others were doing this as well).

My current experience is that I can get into Team Slayer and H2A pretty consistently and usually with balanced teams. Sometimes it still takes a very long time to find a match but most of the time it isnt long enough to make me angry.

However, BTB requires some luck. Most of the time it still can't find a match but sometimes it will randomly start working and I'll get a couple matches in a row. I still have to avoid that playlist. Servers apparently are still not working close to right.

I still get a lot of glitches, too. Round ends before it begins. Crashes with loud screeching (this one freaks the hell out of my sister and dogs). Joining matchmaking only to end up in a custom games lobby. Other random ass stuff.

I feel like matchmaking has gone from 1% functional at launch to 45% functional. Still a long way to go for fully functioning MP. As long as 343 keeps up the current pace I expect it to be in good working order in later January.

2 months after launch and missing both Black Friday and Christmas. Good work guys.

If your had lag in Titanfall you either live VERY far away from servers or your ISP wasn't routing the traffic directly to the Windows Azure servers (Verizon's the main culprit in the US, but others were doing this as well).

Or the Xbox One had some odd quirks in it's Networking that may or may not effect everyone.

My Xbox One's download speed is about 1/3rd of my PC's speed for no apparent reason.

Sai

Uh, I've only had one game in H2:A with lag as bad as that; and it was temporary.

My condolences to those that have to deal with that on a regular basis.

gossi

This is custom games, right? Who was hosting?

No, matchmaking. I don't know how it happened.

Are all your games like that?

No, I'd say about 20% of games are like that, with the other 80% being almost perfect lag wise. It really depends who is hosted, basically. That 20% is depressing, though, because it's a terrible experience.

Lag is nothing new in Halo. Especially Halo 2, lol.

Oh, I know. I've had an Xbox Live account since day 0 when Xbox Live launched on the original Xbox. This game was sold on dedicated servers improving the experience though (and they said pre-launch matchmaking would be the quickest yet in a Halo game). The problem is neither statement is true. I appreciate they're trying to fix it, though.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Yeah... Um nope, idk why people are in other threads saying it's fixed and a lot better. Rubberbanding is easily my biggest pet peeve above screen tearing

Been playing since go live and have not seen this happen once. Not saying it isn't happening, but I haven't had it once.

dwells

Dedicated servers still lag. They're not the magic fix-all that people think they are. Assuming they're centrally located to the players, they can be more fair and eliminate host advantage, as well as reducing ping times by having peers connect to an actual server on a business-class connection rather than leaving it up to a peer.

But it's not even close to "lag-free." I ping ~100ms to the XBL test server in the Settings app. That's a lot, especially compared to a LAN setup where if you're pinging above 1ms to a client on your subnet, you've got network problems.

Also worth keeping in mind that there's only a handful of Azure data centers active for Xbox Live in the US. If I recall correctly, they're in the Northeast, Northwest, North Central, and South Central. So depending on where you live, it's entirely possible to wind up with games on dedicated servers that result in more lag for you than if you were connecting to a peer-hosted game with a closer proximity/quicker network path.

On a side note, I played some more Halo 2 Classic the other night in Team Slayer. Even on a good host, the netcode is so bad right now that I can't enjoy the game. The BR is just useless, which breaks competitive play completely. They need to acknowledge this ASAP, because I have a sinking feeling it's something that will never be patched.

SWAT is back before a dedicated CE playlist.

343, really?

Feeling the pain here too, man.
Honestly a dedicated CE playlist is my #1 desire. I want to play it all day long. Besides fixing game issues, of course.

Lol? Thanks for coming back in your time machine to let us peasants know the game still isn't working in January, I guess.

Peasants? Time machine? You're a strange dude. I'm just not expecting it to be close to 100% until January.

The main assumption I made was that it wouldn't be fully functional in time to be considered by many for Christmas, and most of that shopping will be completed next week.

I doubt that they will have fully fixed this game by next week, so they're probably missing the Christmas shopping train and by Christmas day that's a month and a half from launch already. Not hard to believe that they'll need at least another couple weeks after that for full functionality.

But if this game is 100% before Christmas shopping is done then be sure to come back and give me some sass.

Syncytia

Feeling the pain here too, man.

Peasants? Time machine? You're a strange dude.

The main assumption I made was that it wouldn't be fully functional in time to be considered by many for Christmas, and most of that shopping will be completed next week.

I doubt that they will have fully fixed this game by next week, so they're probably missing the Christmas shopping train and by Christmas day that's a month and a half from launch already. Not hard to believe that they'll need at least another couple weeks after that for full functionality.

But if this game is 100% before Christmas shopping is done then be sure to come back and give me some sass.

Well if it has gone from 1% to 45% now, they will probably make some good progress in the next month. It's been one month since launch and they've done pretty well trying to clean things up and get things to work a bit more as people expect. Besides the fact that it wasn't 1% at launch. Sure, it was shit but not down to 1%. With the progress they've made in the past month, I'm sure given another month it will improve a lot more. 100% functional (who knows what that will be...we all know someone will play a few games, disconnect once, and complain the game is still completely broken)? Maybe, maybe not. I just think saying it still won't be working consistently two months after launch (twice as long as it has already been out) is a bit bold.

Swat is awesome. Especially in Halo 4.

This is great news! I might be in the minority among these boards but I liked 4. Especially SWAT. I'm not really a CoD enthusiast with the exception of the fun I've had with AW, so I didn't notice it feeling "too similar." I just thought the gameplay was solid and insanely fun. Didn't stick with me like the huge amount of time I spent with Reach, but still a blast.

However, I always kicked myself in the ass for never playing through the single player even though it looked awesome. Seems like maybe I dodged a bullet that could have dampened the experience. Never the less, when I get my Bone on Christmas I'll play through them all.

Well if it has gone from 1% to 45% now, they will probably make some good progress in the next month. It's been one month since launch and they've done pretty well trying to clean things up and get things to work a bit more as people expect. Besides the fact that it wasn't 1% at launch. Sure, it was shit but not down to 1%. With the progress they've made in the past month, I'm sure given another month it will improve a lot more. 100% functional (who knows what that will be...we all know someone will play a few games, disconnect once, and complain the game is still completely broken)? Maybe, maybe not. I just think saying it still won't be working consistently two months after launch (twice as long as it has already been out) is a bit bold.

I guess time will tell!
It'd be a much nicer outcome if you were right and I was wrong, but I don't have my hopes up.

Tawpgun

Increased weighting for BR starts in voting options.

Halo is saved. Now the MCC community needs to accept its lord and savior

BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png

Please vote for BR starts everytime. I beg of you.

For 343i, here a list of things that still needs a fix on my side with some of my feedback:
I hope this will help you guys :) I wish only to help! MCC deserve some love!

MCC in general:
- Add an option to disable the music in matchmaking lobby or make it automatic when a player enters in the group or when you start a research.
- Add a possibility to set the brightness for each Halo games manually, personally Halo 2 is too dark on my TV for some maps and it’s too bright for other games like H3
- Halo 3 Terminals are still broken in other languages than English (especially one in the ark level)
- Halo 4 Terminals in Halo channels does not have the good French subtitles; they got the one of some previous terminal.

HCE:
- I have a constant bug where I have always the classic music when I start a mission even when I put the remastered option; sometime when I die I respawn then to the checkpoint the remastered music come back.
- Since the last 2 updates of the game I don’t have anymore the scoring windows in campaign for HCE and H2
- Is there a possibility to add scoring windows like the other Halo to know when the game will end and the actual score? You added the medals it should be possible to touch that.
- PLEASE one grenade ONLY per player when you spawn in Halo CE and 4vs4 MAX!

H2:
- Since the last 2 updates of the game I don’t have anymore the scoring windows in campaign for HCE and H2
- In MP I got very often the issue where I cannot spawn anymore for some seconds the countdown freeze at 4 seconds (it is not a lag issue the games were perfectly fine and this happened to some other teammates (I remember this was an issue from the original H2 as well) this can result in a game lost in objective which is frustrating. Can this be fixed?
- Remove the plasma rifle start in Team Slayer midship, it’s awful :(

H2A:
- I also played a bit of split screen with a friend (2 players only did not try with 4 players yet) and there are a lot of framerate issues in Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer, especially on the map Bloodline and I think it will be really better to lower the resolution to 720p (even less) or block the game to 30FPS in split screen only because it was really unplayable sometime :/ and in split screen players do not care much of the graphics and this is important because when the forge maps will come out it will be far more demanding in resources so I am scared that it will be like in Halo 4 and this was a terrible experience for split screen users.

H3:
- A Terminal does not work for non English users in the Covenant level when a player access to this terminal the game crashes (this happened to me 2x times in legendary ) and a French friend also got the bug.
- No other particular issues yet

H4:
- I got some issues in the campaign of H4 but maybe they were present in the original one already, it's hard to say.
- Strange issue with the sound in H4 Solace map

Questions:
- Spartan Ops DLC is still planned for December?
- Any news on the update for impulse triggers on H2A and HCE?
- Is it possible to pre download the beta of Halo 5?
- When the promised dedicated servers will be on?
- Some forge maps will come to MM sooner or later?

About the Matchmaking:
The good news is now that MM is at least now working quick and good at least for me(BTB take around 3 to 5 minutes to find a game but its working). I can’t wait to have back the dedicated servers because on Halo CE in P2P is quite unplayable sometimes.

Some Matchmaking suggestions:
Team Dual: First it’s the Anniversary of Halo 2 so people wants dual wield too, it’s something that they missed as this feature is gone with Halo 4 and Reach and nothing is better for that having a gametype for it so put some Team Duals in MM for the already existing playlists (so not a new playlist) like Team slayer and Halo 2 classic put few but put some of in them!

Team objective: I Know it’s planned to add this playlist but this should be present too and be sure it’s 5vs5; objectives gametype simply work better with a team of 5 persons than 4 especially in maps like Zanzibar.
Infection: Is VERY important today! Many players are only core gamers and not hardcore and they need to have a playlist where they can have fun and relax, Infection is one of these playlist for that, you can shoot and kill but it’s relaxing and simple without stress. I recommend being a permanent playlist!

Halo CE: I heard that 343i will put an Halo CE playlist but it will be apparently only 2vs2… to respect the classic feeling of the game, let me say that this is wrong in my opinion, I played mostly on Halo CE in 2vs2 because of the limit of the split screen so now that we have the Xbox Live for CE please do not limit it to 2vs2, a 4vs4 (not more) will be the best with some objectives gametype (flag, king of the hill and slayer) we are in 2014 not 2001 anymore ;) Pistol + AR start and One grenade only.

Multi Team:it’s a classic Halo gametype today we can’t miss it! It's also perfect for teams of 2 players (avoid the variant at 3 players for now because it's better have a playlist for teams of 2 players and could match perfectly with some gametype like a gungoose Rocket race for example) for H1,H2,H3,H4
Rumble pit (Lone wolves): It’s an important playlist that should be permanent too, I recommend 6 players, 8 players at max even if it’s always a little too much in my opinion because this caused a lot of bad respawns (especially for older Halo games).

Rotational playlist:to start you should go with the most famous of them (not in order):
Team Snipers, Grifball, Ricochet, Territories, Team Doubles, Rocket race, BTB heavies, Infinity Slayer (Halo 4 slayer with loadouts) Team Swords, Action Sack etc.

Thank you for the hard work 343i, keep going!

Here's 36 seconds of gameplay I made, including killcams in Halo 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK9yDTGltn4&feature=youtu.be

I have had that happen in several matches, the teleporting I mean. I have a clip of it, though it has happened many, many more times then that. It seemed to be introduced through the Content Updates, as I didn't have the issue until Update 3. They seemed to completely forgo match quality in an attempt to get people into games as fast as possible.

I am on the East Coast in the U.S. (New York to be more specific) and I have been matched up with people in California. That shouldn't happen in the instance of p2p if matchmaking was working correctly and searching for the best match quality.

Noobcraft

They should just have a BR only playlist. I like the BR, but I was getting sick of playing H2A BR slayer every single game. I played only a couple of objective based games in ~40 matches of H2A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom