• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection should be recalled

psychotron

This has been said many times.

There are no mid level saves in HALO.

There never were and they didn´t implement it from scratch just for this collection.

You have to play one level and finish it.

Yes it´s not optimal but this is no bug !

You're wrong. Played every Halo since the first and checkpoints always saved. Thanks for the misinformation though.

I often get a full 8vs8 match and then people drop, before the game even starts. I think it's because the map fails to load, because I had this happen to me very often and I would just be stuck in the post-game lobby screen.

I mean, I've had that happen all the time but I'm talking before the map even tries to load. It's creating uneven matches right off the bat.

GoodlifeX

The following was just posted in the other thread. A comment made by a 343 employee on reddit:

"Hey Sosd, we're aware that non-US players, especially AUS players, are still seeing Matchmaking difficulty. Can you PM me your gamertag? I'll have the team take a look.
If you're reading this and have what you believe to be gamertag-specific Matchmaking issues (i.,e. you're having an issue but your friends are not), please feel free to reply to this comment or PM me with gamertag and issue, with details of which playlist(s) are affected. I'll get the info over to the team, which will help with debugging and investigation."

Seriously, what the fuck is this shit? Are you kidding me? Non-US players are still seeing Matchmaking difficulty? How about everyone is still seeing Matchmaking difficulty. This game is clearly never going to be fixed. What a bunch of bullshit.

Wow after reading that it really gives off the "boy, uh I don't know vibe." It's not a good sign when then they are troubleshooting individual users when the issue is so wide spread. This is definitively a long way from being fixed. Such a shame.

This game is tragic for MS. It could have been a great gateway for new players to get into the series. I can say I would have zero interest in 5 after this fiasco if i wasn't already a fan.

mike4001_

OK, seems I was wrong regarding the mid-level saves.

Sorry for that.

I have the problem that a friend and I are unable to play a coop session.

We played HALO 1 after the first or second patch and everthing was basically fine.

But now 2-3 weeks later and after patch 5 (??) we wanted to start HALO 2 in coop and just cannot connect to each other. I have an open NAT, my friends is moderate.

Either one of us gets quit with an error message or we see an infinite loading screen where nothing happens.

It´s nice that 343 fixes always MP stuff (this works absolutely perfect for me, I connect in < 1 min to every game) but I would be pleased if they also fix the coop.

JP

Wasn't sure where to put this so it's going here. Just booted the console up to download the new dash and got a message sating that they've added a month of Gold due to this being shit. I'm assuming everybody else will have got theirs now too.

alexbull_uk

Playing Big Team Battle and getting in one match every 30-45 mins. Absolutely rubbish.

The most frustrating part is that once you're in-game, it's awesome. It's just the ludicrous wait to actually get anywhere that totally destroys the experience.

neclas

You're wrong. Played every Halo since the first and checkpoints always saved. Thanks for the misinformation though.

The playlists (such as the LASO playlists required to get the LASO achievements) don't allow mid-level saving. When you start it back up, it puts you at the beginning of the level.

Blur

Banned
I can play campaigns.

I can play customs.

I can play forge.

I can use the theatre.

I can find matches in MM. (Yes, it's not great, but to say it should be recalled is a joke compared to other games)

Wasn't sure where to put this so it's going here. Just booted the console up to download the new dash and got a message sating that they've added a month of Gold due to this being shit. I'm assuming everybody else will have got theirs now too.

There's a thread on this I believe. Not quite a necrobump, but close :)

JP

Yea it's that plus ODST right? Really I'm probably most excited to play ODST campaign at this point.
Me too, I'm guessing we'll have a very long wait though. I'm sure it'll be worth it though, hopefully they don't quite get it right and we end up with Reach a year later.
There's a thread on this I believe. Not quite a necrobump, but close :)
I searched three times you know. I know there's a thread announcing ODST and the month of Gold but I couldn't find it and it's hardly new news and it's not even as if people even need to know they've added until they see it on the Xbox.

Just try and think of this as a HD remaster of the original "Halo: The Master Chief Collection should be recalled" and it makes everything OK again! :)

Bread

Banned
I can play campaigns.

I can play customs.

I can play forge.

I can use the theatre.

I can find matches in MM. (Yes, it's not great, but to say it should be recalled is a joke compared to other games)
Halo is known for its matchmaking, and you cannot tell me with a straight face that it isn't broken right now.

Going into games by myself takes maybe a couple minutes at most, that's fine. Joining a party works 10% (made up statistic, but that's really how it feels) of the time, and then actually finding a game with that party takes at least 5 minutes. All in all, it takes me and my friends at least 20 minutes to play one game. Then when that game ends, it kicks us all out and the cycle begins again. Terrible stuff.

Magwik

Banned
Halo is known for its matchmaking, and you cannot tell me with a straight face that it isn't broken right now.

Going into games by myself takes maybe a couple minutes at most, that's fine. Joining a party works 10% (made up statistic, but that's really how it feels) of the time, and then actually finding a game with that party takes at least 5 minutes. All in all, it takes me and my friends at least 20 minutes to play one game. Then when that game ends, it kicks us all out and the cycle begins again. Terrible stuff.

I haven't gotten into a game of BTB since November and have tried every week since.
:(

jem0208

I'm not going to argue that the MCC is in working order. However to say Halo is known for it's matchmaking is false, it's known equally for it's campaign.

I haven't gotten into a game of BTB since November and have tried every week since.
:(

Yup, easily the worst thing ever. BTB is one of my favorite things about Halo and the allure of having a BTB with such a wide selection of maps regardless of game was so amazing. I usually get lucky enough to get one match and then watch it spin for 10, quit, spin for 10, quit.

Magwik

Banned
Yup, easily the worst thing ever. BTB is one of my favorite things about Halo and the allure of having a BTB with such a wide selection of maps regardless of game was so amazing. I usually get lucky enough to get one match and then watch it spin for 10, quit, spin for 10, quit.

Also the map selection is garbage for most other playlists as well. 100 maps and yet I end up playing the same 3 every time.

HTupolev

The playlists (such as the LASO playlists required to get the LASO achievements) don't allow mid-level saving. When you start it back up, it puts you at the beginning of the level.
Isn't that just a bug? Checkpoints sometimes fail to save correctly outside of the playlists as well (or at least they did at launch, I haven't played MCC campaign in a while).

BokehKing

Banned
Still? Does that mean it hit driveclub status?

I don't get how this game passed certification or whatever. It's Halo for Christmas sake, that would be like Nintendo putting out a broken Mario game.

I hope years from now we find out what happened

Magwik

Banned
Still? Does that mean it hit driveclub status?

I don't get how this game passed certification or whatever. It's Halo for Christmas sake, that would be like Nintendo putting out a broken Mario game.

I hope years from now we find out what happened

If we go by what ntkrnl was saying then this year we were only supposed to get Halo 2: Anniversary
So it means the game was rushed as fuck. Ironically mirrors Halo 2's original release in terms of rushed.

I still reliably get matchmade games in every playlist even BTB, even if it takes longer than the rest of the playlists, waiting like 2 or 3 minutes usually gets me into a game or a large group of players.

neclas

Isn't that just a bug? Checkpoints sometimes fail to save correctly outside of the playlists as well (or at least they did at launch, I haven't played MCC campaign in a while).

It probably is a bug; I certainly hope they didn't design it this way on purpose. But isn't this thread dedicated to (rightfully) complaining about how ridiculously buggy the MCC is?

Marvel

could never
Yeah it's still fucked, got my 1 month of free gold yesterday but it hasn't taken away the taste of shit tbh.

Fox Mulder

What fair compensation.

It actually does save mid-mission it just doesn't load them all the time. Which sucks because sometimes there is a checkpoint at the beginning of a mission and it overrides the save you already had if you aren't looking or something.

The workaround is to close the application and reload, worked for me the two times I had to do it. Happened to me still with the latest patch.

Derpyduck

Banned
If we go by what ntkrnl was saying then this year we were only supposed to get Halo 2: Anniversary
So it means the game was rushed as fuck. Ironically mirrors Halo 2's original release in terms of rushed.

He never said that. But he did phrase it like Halo 2 was a separate game from what I believe he called "The War Box", which is what eventually released. And they were both due out last year.

Kssio_Aug

I should have asked for a refund! =(
I can't even sell it back, since it was a digital purchase.

I've waited because I believed they would fix it, and because Halo 5 Beta. However, all the core problems are still there.

I mean, I cant find any match anymore, since december. And the campaing still suffers from glicthed achievements and progress issues.

Its beyond my understanding how 343i and/or Microsoft fucked this release that much. Its Halo, its not a new low budget IP. I can't trust anything else coming from these game developers anymore, after so many fiascos since this gen started.

Fox Mulder

I should have asked for a refund! =(
I can't even sell it back, since it was a digital purchase.

I've waited because I believed they would fix it, and because Halo 5 Beta. However, all the core problems are still there.

I mean, I cant find any match anymore, since december. And the campaing still suffers from glicthed achievements and progress issues.

Its beyond my understanding how 343i and/or Microsoft fucked this release that much. Its Halo, its not a new low budget IP. I can't trust anything else coming from these game developers anymore, after so many fiascos since this gen started.

I figured it would be fixed by Christmas. At this point, the possibility exists that it'll never get perfect. Just hope they get it good enough as they've got to move on from it at some point.

Gestault

I will say though, I did a full Halo 4 split-screen coop playthrough the other night. That was pretty darned solid. You'd have hoped they would change the distant LoD settings for splitscreen from the 360 version, but they didn't. Otherwise crisp and pretty.

Yea... so like... what the fuckin' fuck! I have been having a blast replaying the campaigns but the fact that I STILL can't play the multiplayer portion is ri-fuckin-diculous! Will this shit ever get sorted out? If it doesn't MS better start worrying because this is just another thing to add to there WTF list that they started at E3 last year. I love my ONE but shit like this is unacceptable. No one gives a shit about DriveClub so that 'aint no thang for Sony but you don't promise the end-all-be-all for Halo fans and fuck that up without suffering some serious consequences.

I actually let my PS+ sub run out because it just wasn't worth it for me on the multiplayer side of things when it came to Sony's game line-up but I paid to keep my Xbox Live sub going specifically for Advanced Warfare and MCC and so far AW is the only game I'm getting my money's worth out of, well I guess FH2 as well, but still. Is this shit ever going to get worked out because at this point it feels like MS and 343i are just bullshitting and don't truly plan on fixing the multiplayer issues, I mean it's been almost 3 goddamn months for fuck sakes?

Btw, I got my free extra month of LIVE as well, but that doesn't help the fact that I paid for a whole game and am STILL only able to play half of it three months after release.

Also, wasn't digging the Halo 5 beta, for whatever that's worth.

Top Bottom