• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare

Theorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1MVKdJ8X3E

You play as The Banished

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a brand-new full expansion coming to Halo Wars 2, featuring a new campaign, two new multiplayer leaders, two new multiplayer maps, and a brand-new cooperative mode, Terminus Firefight – featuring the return of the Flood!

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare
  • Singleplayer Expansion bookended by Blur Cinematics
  • Fight as the Banished as they uncover the Flood
  • Play a brand new mode - Firefight Terminus: protect your base and forerunner terminus with up to 2 other players against waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
  • 2 Brand new Banished leaders to play as.

More Season Pass Content coming BEFORE the expansion:
  • 2 new leaders being shown at E3. Jerome and Arbiter.
  • 2 more new leaders coming soon.
  • 2 brand new single player missions coming before the expansion.
These will fulfill the season passes content it promised.

Free content:
  • 2 new maps for traditional modes are coming later this year and will be free for all.

wrog

It's $19.99, out this fall. Anyone know if it's included in the Ultimate edition?

Does Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare come with the Season Pass? Will it be purchasable standalone?

A: No, Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a separate expansion for Halo Wars 2 and is not included as part of the Season Pass. Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare will require Halo Wars 2 to play.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

psyfi

Banned
doooooope

now give us that horror Halo spin-off from the Alien Isolation team, I need that totally made up rumor to be true

R aka Bon

Is Halo Wars worth it for the campaign?

The Multiplayer is where it is at, but with this campaign expansion it very well might be.

I thought the base campaign was fresh, but limited, so it never really got a chance to show it's worth.

New Blur cinematics as well. :D

UraMallas

Single player DLC! I hope it's included in the Ultimate Edition pass I bought.

EDIT: Fuck these Season Passes. They are never worth it.

Does Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare come with the Season Pass? Will it be purchasable standalone?

A: No, Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a separate expansion for Halo Wars 2 and is not included as part of the Season Pass. Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare will require Halo Wars 2 to play.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/introducing-halo-wars-2-awakening-the-nightmare

Balls! Where is the promised single player DLC we were supposed to get with the Season Pass?

Edit: Coming BEFORE this DLC!

Theorry

Weird. From the season pass.

Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.

Hawk269

Awesome. Love HW2, but the lack of MP maps has bothered me so glad to hear in addition to SP we are getting more MP maps. Can't wait.

Vico

I'm intrigued! I'm gonna buy the game soon.
Totally thought this was included in the season pass, though. We need some clarifications!

iFirez

On the stream they announced that this is a fully fledged campaign expansion with blur cinematics bookending the story. There's a firefight mode we're you can join up with 2 other players to defend your base and forerunner structure form increasingly difficult waves of AI. New maps for not only this new mode but also 2 new maps for traditional modes of play. 2 brand new Banished leaders come with this expansion too.

Plus 2 new leaders which are still included in the season pass (we've already had lots of new leaders) are being shown at E3. Jerome and Arbiter. There are still 2 more new leaders coming out for season pass owners. Season pass owners will also get 2 new single player missions later his year - the way they were talking about it, made it seem like all the leaders and these missions will be out before the expansion, meaning the season pass will be fulfilled before the expansion release.

Gestault

I'm excited about this having real single-player content.

I'm...wondering what their response is to not including this with the season pass, based on its original description. I think they're in for some well-deserved outrage. I have the season pass from the Ultimate Edition, which I bought primarily for the original Halo Wars remake. That was already a lot of content right there, so I'm not frustrated personally, but I can 100% understand ANYONE who is. It's possible the scale of this is beyond what's reasonable to expect, but they're walking a fine line.

On the stream they announced that this is a fully fledged campaign expansion with blur cinematics bookending the story. There's a firefight mode we're you can join up with 2 other players to defend your base and forerunner structure form increasingly difficult waves of AI. New maps for not only this new mode but also 2 new maps for traditional modes of play. 2 brand new Banished leaders come with this expansion too.

Plus 2 new leaders which are still included in the season pass (we've already had lots of new leaders) are being shown at E3. Jerome and Arbiter. There are still 2 more new leaders coming out for season pass owners. Season pass owners will also get 2 new single player missions later his year - the way they were talking about it, made it seem like all the leaders and these missions will be out before the expansion, meaning the season pass will be fulfilled before the expansion release.

OOOOooooooh. Ok, that's rad.

UraMallas

Balls! Where is the promised single player DLC we were supposed to get with the Season Pass?

Weird. From the season pass.

This is some bullshit. We weren't just promised story DLC, we paid for the promised story DLC, and it hasn't come out, yet this add-on is being worked on in the place of the story DLC we've already paid for.

Well, okay then... maybe I overreacted a bit.

It's going to happen I feel. There is no way that 343 will introduce the flood just for this game, especially as Halo Wars 2 ties into Halo 5.
The Flood was shoehorned into Halo Wars 1 as well, I wouldn't read too much into it. Spartan Assault too. Not that I think it's impossible or even unlikely, just don't treat it as a confirmation.

R aka Bon

Oh ok then. so this is more like a standalone.

iFirez

This is some bullshit. We weren't just promised story DLC, we paid for the promised story DLC, and it hasn't come out, yet this add-on is being worked on in the place of the story DLC we've already paid for.
The story DLC that is apart of the season pass is coming it before this expansion, they talked about it on the stream. 4 more leaders and 2 single player missions for season pass owners.

Oh ok then. so this is more like a standalone.
It feels like one actually, but it requires Halo Wars 2. I imagine It'l even be loaded from a new menu option. It'l feel very stand alone.

UraMallas

The story DLC that is apart of the season pass is coming it before this expansion, they talked about it on the stream. 4 more leaders and 2 single player missions for season pass owners.

Saw your post after I threw my tantrum and added it to my post. Thanks for the info!

I hope theres a release with all the dlc and the base game for a good price, still havent picked this up and was going to jump at a cheap halo wars price. Im now tempted to wait.

doooooope

now give us that horror Halo spin-off from the Alien Isolation team, I need that totally made up rumor to be true

Oh man playing as a marine being terrified while dodging elites and later the flood would be incredible.

Memory

This is a new fucking low, no way they are getting anymore of my money.

Gestault

not included in the season pass?

this is fucking bullshit

See above. It's a full-on new campaign with Blur Studio cinematics, coming after the rest of the season pass content is delivered (which includes several of its own single-player missions as extensions to the main game's story).

Snackawho

Someone needs to put this in the OP before everyone overreacts

RAL1992

As much as I like the game, I'm disappointed that the expansion isn't a part of the season pass but what can you do, unfortunately it's the way things are going nowadays (have a season pass but release major extras outside of it), it seems like an interesting update but it's a no buy for me.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Wait not part of the season pass? What the fuck is this shit? The whole reason I bought the ultimate was to have the DLC and now you're telling me to go fuck myself that it doesn't include it.

Top Bottom