• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Ah damn, there is no Theater in Halo 3 anymore? Wow, that's really sad actually. I was hoping to go back and try my hand at screenshots again as that was something I did a lot of back in the Halo 3 days.

What a bummer.

it has theatre but not the ability to have a party watch a film together.

FyreWulff

Not surprised Halo 3 party view was cut, everyone involved with that said they wouldn't have shipped it if they knew it was going to be so broken.

I don't envy your matchmaking team that has to monitor it all whilst also getting ready for Halo 5 beta and analyzing all that data as well.
Rethinking my original post. I can generalize quite a bit and make blanket statements when it's not so cut and dry. It was probably pretty arrogant of me to assume that only competitive players back in the day would truly be interested in returning to CE. I'll just wait for the game to come out and enjoy its offerings no matter the settings.
Homies, it's as simple as no radar for CE playlists. Any babbies who want radar can play with their 4 other Halo games. Fronk needs to start grooming a better Halo fanbase, one that doesn't depend on 5% of their screen space.

Let's stop holding the hands of the Halo fanbase that grew up, especially since the younger demographic is ready for the big leagues too, as they always were.
7am flight out of New York from Comic Con.
Here, I took a pic of the factually best pizza style on the planet:
Q7cFqZW.jpg

Got cold while running errands, but still delicious :]
GOML

Defect

Why is it so hard to get party viewing to work? Full matches were fine in H3.

Doesn't cod have it now too? I know they are different games and all that but you'd think after Halo 3 they'd improve it going forward.

Fotos

Halo is fucking Halo. not CoD, Not CSGO and not Destiny.
Jesus. We're most likely getting skins again anyway. I'd rather get them through drops after a game than have to pay $2.99 for one.

Halo 3 still had the best way of unlocking new gear. I liked how they were linked to certain achievements. Especially recon.

Halo is fucking Halo. not CoD, Not CSGO and not Destiny.

To be fair, what he meant by "loot drops" in CSGO is the skins in Halo. The community designs skins for weapons and people express interest in them. Valve puts them into an official "weapon case" and they are awarded to people at random or if you complete certain "operation missions" (challenges).

If Halo MP ever had skins, it would be nice if there was an option to disable all world model alternative skins so I don't have to stare at other Spartans with "Pink Tiger" striped BR's. I like my guns to look like guns, not 5 year old nerf gun designs.

Tawpgun

You have to grind for armor unlocks in every other halo game lol.

If they added a big amount of armor and skins a loot system could be cool

I really hope Halo 5 has loot drops. Purely cosmetic though like armor or weapon skins.

The better you do in a game the higher chance you have to getting a good drop.
I'd prefer actually earning armor in-game versus having random drops that also sets up an opportunity for micro-transactions.

Woorloog

Banned
Can't we have Halo without any fucking unlocks? No unlockable armor skins, armors, weapon skins, weapons, titles, logos, whatever you can think of (easter egg levels or such doesn't count, as they're cool). Everything unlocked right away. Seriously. A great variety of various looks day one.

Can't we have Halo without any fucking unlocks? No unlockable armor skins, armors, weapon skins, weapons, titles, logos, whatever you can think of (easter egg levels or such doesn't count, as they're cool). Everything unlocked right away. Seriously. A great variety of various looks day one.

If it doesn't affect gameplay it should be easier ignored but a lot of people love that stuff. I'm with you in the sense that I don't care but it's nice for those who like it.

Woorloog

Banned
If it doesn't affect gameplay it should be easier ignored but a lot of people love that stuff. I'm with you in the sense that I don't care but it's nice for those who like it.

I'm starting to hate unlocks.
I like customization, i don't like having to play to get what i want so that i can play with character whose looks i like! That's so ass-backwards.

Tawpgun

Frankie, will the Halo4 maps be the updated versions in current rotation or the original variations?
1. Who cares about the halo 4 stuff

2. I think MCC is using up to date everything. So no hideu hole on the pit, turbo halo 4....

I for one just CANT WAIT to play infinity slayer on Complex in 1080p 60 fps in 2014

I wonder it they will have population counts for the playlists. Gonna be verrrryyyy interesting to see which game playlist is gonna be most popular, what the voting data will show etc. wondering if this data will influence halo 5

1. Who cares about the halo 4 stuff

2. I think MCC is using up to date everything. So no hideu hole on the pit, turbo halo 4....

I for one just CANT WAIT to play infinity slayer on Complex in 1080p 60 fps in 2014

i just care about Haven, specifically if they are going with the version that has the Gravity lifts.

pacman85

Maybe forge for "& more"
Yeah I was thinking about that and what all they have left to show and how many days are left in the month. They haven't really done a walkthrough of the new Zanzibar have they? But I think, they have some sort of walkthrough on the rest. Maybe they will show some Theater stuff one day, some leaderboard stuff another day. They still have Halo 3 SP, MP, Halo 4 SP and MP videos to do so they should have enough content for the whole month. I'm sure they will do a day for Nightfall as well.

Tawpgun

Oh and you all better hope halo 5 has microtransactions for cosmetics. It's a great revenue model that will hopefully mean free Dlc maps.

Paying for maps is such an outdated model and it ruins the games population.

Welfare

I actually think there won't be a population counter in MCC. 343 will say some BS about how it fosters negative comments or something like that. But please, let there be a pop counter. I want to know if I should even attempt to join a playlist, as no pop counter in Titanfall has shown me that numbers fucking matter.

Madness

I wouldn't mind if 343 went wild with customization, skins whatever. As we're seeing with Destiny, people eat up the chance to possibly get something better. I don't agree with a loot drop system, that is just a random, frustrating mess at times.

Plus, as Halo has always been about equal starts and balanced game play, customization (until Halo 4), has never impacted game play. I think challenges, things like the medal chest, those kill 1000 players, win 500 matches achievements/goals are the perfect avenue to reward players with new armor/possibly skins.

Top Bottom