• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

antigoon

Happy birthday Frankie!

In terms of monetization, I say they should sell any and everything that would then allow them to put out new maps for free.

Halo |OT| 3 outta 4 ain't bad

Dr-Dre-you-got-owned-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-251.gif

Neper

Neo Member
So, I played my Halo CEA today and it has been updated (odd, because I last played it a couple of weeks ago without any kind of update prompt). I then entered Halo 4 (updated as expected), and also Halo 3, which ALSO got an update.

Is 343 patching every game in the MCC and also releasing those bugfixes in X360? I haven't played Halo 3 in like 2 years, but I found odd that all those games just asked me to get updated today.

So, I played my Halo CEA today and it has been updated (odd, because I last played it a couple of weeks ago without any kind of update prompt). I then entered Halo 4 (updated as expected), and also Halo 3, which ALSO got an update.

Is 343 patching every game in the MCC and also releasing those bugfixes in X360? I haven't played Halo 3 in like 2 years, but I found odd that all those games just asked me to get updated today.

did you clear your cache or something?

Fuchsdh

There was a 3MB patch to Halo Wars the other day when I started it up, and I haven't cleared my cache in the lifetime of my Xbox.

You don't have to clear your cache. The 360 has a set limit on how much space can be taken up by standard style updates. Once it's filled, it will automatically replace the oldest ones and cycle through.

Fuchsdh

You don't have to clear your cache. The 360 has a set limit on how much space can be taken up by standard style updates. Once it's filled, it will automatically replace the oldest ones and cycle through.

Huh. You'd think with hard drives that wouldn't be an issue, but the more you know...

Huh. You'd think with hard drives that wouldn't be an issue, but the more you know...

Larger updates won't disappear since they are done differently and stored differently.

But devs weren't even given that option originally. Just like arcade games couldn't be larger than 50MB originally. It all harkens back to a day when the 20GB Premium model was the largest space you could get, Arcade models came with a 256MB memory card and nothing else, and you couldn't use USB storage. Also known as a decade ago.

Computer

Man My Team FTF got handled by ninja so bad in that kilimanjaro clip. and I thought i could be a pro. LOl I found out different. I guess I am just a noob. now i am a puch line on twitter and the gaf and youtube. FTF lol and i thought my team was good.

Top Bottom