• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halt And Catch Fire S4 |OT| The Final Season - Saturdays 9/8c on AMC

TheOddOne

main-012maq4.png

Best show no one is watching. As a geek, love me this and Mr. Robot. I'm grateful we got as many seasons as we did. Luckily, AMC lost Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I think that kind of forced them to keep Halt and Catch Fire.

- J - D -

It's probably too much to expect this show to somehow get the attention it deserves now in its final season, but I'm glad it's finally here.

kevin1025

Banned
Super glad to have this back, even if it's one last time. The reviews have been stellar for the first four episodes that critics got to see, so I'm mega excited for Saturday night!

mm04

I'm glad it's going out on its own terms. At the end, there will be a fast forward a few decades and Gordon will unwittingly create Bitcoin and Joe will benefit one last time.

KodaRuss

Really looking forward to this. I love this show, sad to see it go but damn it was a great ride and one we didnt expect to see multiple seasons.

The cast is just fucking great as well. I am really going to miss all of them.

Just watched S1-3 in the last week. E5-9 had me up until 4am last night. just absolutely riveting television.

Kerry Bishé is easily the most talented multi-dimensional actor on here. She does charming and she does angry so fucking well.

This show is just so me. Interestingly enough, I haven't felt this way about a show since Mr. Robot s1. I was really sympathetic towards Cameron during the first half of s3 (when t seemed everyone hated her) but her going nuclear on Donna made me start to dislike her.

Did the directors change in S3? The color grading got a lot more intense I feel like. The direction also got way more ballsy. Shots like when Donna got high and dreamed her apologizing to Cameron laying on the grass were just so incredibly intoxicating. I hope we get even more this season.

TripOpt55

Watched the first three seasons this past year. Such a great show. This will be my first time watching along as it airs.

KodaRuss

Just watched S1-3 in the last week. E5-9 had me up until 4am last night. just absolutely riveting television.

Kerry Bishé is easily the most talented multi-dimensional actor on here. She does charming and she does angry so fucking well.

This show is just so me. Interestingly enough, I haven't felt this way about a show since Mr. Robot s1. I was really sympathetic towards Cameron during the first half of s3 (when t seemed everyone hated her) but her going nuclear on Donna made me start to dislike her.

Did the directors change in S3? The color grading got a lot more intense I feel like. The direction also got way more ballsy. Shots like when Donna got high and dreamed her apologizing to Cameron laying on the grass were just so incredibly intoxicating. I hope we get even more this season.

This was a really cool scene. The last two episodes of Season 3 were just amazing, I hope they can keep that going.

I am not sure I can pick a favorite character but I think I am going to rewatch the series again soon.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Mackenzie Davis and Kerry Bishé Get the Same Pay As Their Male Co-stars for the Final Season

“Before this season, it was really important to me, just on a personal level of being like, I don’t need to get paid more than anybody; I just want to be paid the same,” Davis, who plays the coding genius Cameron Howe, told Vulture on the set of the show in Atlanta. “Kerry and I deserve to get paid the same as the boys.” Bishé, who plays Donna Emerson, a senior executive at a VC firm, added, “I do think that the principle is important, no matter the size of the numbers we’re talking about.”

Both Davis and Bishé said negotiating the salary with AMC ahead of the final season was simple and straightforward. “Without having to ask this final season or renegotiate our contracts, they paid the four of us the same, which I thought was really generous,” said Bishé. “It was a really nice commitment — literally putting their money where their mouth is.”

“It was really one of those things that was brought up and it was almost a nonstarter,” explained Davis. “It just had already been taken care of. I think we went in with a certain expectation, and before we could even get the request out of our mouth, they went above and beyond that. They were like, ‘We already wanted to do that for the final season.’ I really think so highly of everybody there for that.”

Television contracts are negotiated before the pilot is filmed, which means that actors can get locked into multiyear deals regardless of how the narrative has shifted on the show. “When I started I didn’t have a quote, so I earned the minimal quote, and I earned a lot less than everybody else on the show, and it made total sense,” said Davis. “Season two, I still earned the same amount, and then sometime around season three, I was like, Man, I work a lot more than some of the guys. And they were so supportive of me as well — there was no contention between us — but they were like, yeah, we should all be getting paid the same.”

An actor’s “quote” is basically their salary requirement — a number that accrues with time and the type of roles they do. But as Bishé noted, the quote system invariably works in favor of those who already have power. “Your quote is based on prior work that you’ve done. If you are the lead of the show, your quote will be higher,” said Bishé. “There are more men that are leads of shows so their quotes are higher faster. You can’t really argue with that. The system leans to favor a certain direction.” But with AMC giving her pay equity alongside the male leads, it raises her quote for future roles. “It’s a meaningful thing, and also that’s my quote going forward,” she said. “It is a step that helps truly even the playing field now.”

Ryck

So happy the season is finally here. ( and that we got it at all really)

But so sad it has to end. I love this show so damn much.

Donna is my girl, kinda sad to see her as the villain.

TheOddOne

Season premiere with two back-to-back episodes:
Season 4: episode 1 "So it Goes"

As the fourth and final season opens, Gordon enjoys success while Joe works to keep their web project afloat. Cameron extends a business trip while Donna launches a new venture.

Season 4: episode 2 "Signal to Noise"

Joe and Cameron talk on the phone; Donna promotes her assistant; Gordon's business buckles under pressure from a larger competitor.
- Promo for this week's episodes.

jett

D-Member
Is there a recap video anywhere? Just to be ready for tonight.

p.s. this is one of the most underrated shows on GAF

Joe with long hair and Bos with a beard are weirding me out in that trailer. Other than that, I'm really looking forward to this season.

I absolutely love this show but unfortunately can't tune in for the premiere. What other ways do I have to watch it? Does AMC do an app like other channels?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I completely missed this was starting today until I looked at my online TV calendar. I love that thing.

KodaRuss

Just finished the premiere with my wife. Loved it.
Really glad to see Bosworth back at it. Also, it took a while to get to it but damn it is great to have Joe and Cameron with scenes together.

Do we know what year it is or are they just being slightly vague.
I believe it is either 93 or 94 with the search engines about to start and the cowboys winning the super bowl line.

I wonder what Haley's page will lead to. Are they going to try to create a Geocities-type service? Or Joe has his web index idea, so I guess they will be using her html skills for that then.

I liked that Cameron's game, once left idle, did the whole slowly spin the camera around the character thing that used to be so common.

Ep. 1:

Cold Open is brilliant. I also love Joe's series development. It seems like he is finally at a place of peace.

Cameron:
So glad she's back to games, and I really enjoy the changing tastes in game players and how it hits her as her newest hurdle.

Holy shit, Donna is now the End Boss.

Kaizer

Banned
Man, I gotta catch up on this so I can watch the new season. Started watching it on Netflix a few months ago & I'm currently on Episode 03 of Season 2.

Really liked it! Found Donna's situation most compelling and Gordon and his daughters were also interesting. Cameron and Joe were underwhelming though.

Top Bottom