• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happiness report: Norway is the happiest place on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. They only ask one question, according to the article.

Is that "freedom to make life choices"? Because the actual score for the ranking is comprised of 7 different factors (GDP etc). That one question doesn't seem to influence stuff that much. (But it guess it allows you call your social and economic wealth data a statistic for happiness ;)

Wow, doesn't get any more subjective than that lol.
It's almost like happiness is a subjective quality in the first place. That said, I do think the data would be more interesting if they could analyze how different groups in a country varied from the norm, but still. I feel like a lot of people responding to this thread are assuming lower standards or some shit because they have assumptions about what a person needs to be happy. But having lower standards for what you need to be happy doesn't ultimately make a person less happy. A rich man can be incredibly unhappy because despite all they have they're never satisfied, and a poor person in a wartorn country might be able to find happiness because of things like they're family.

Blessed to live in the greatest country on earth. Whenever i look at all the shit going down with wars, crime, poverty, terrorism and rising fascism all over the west, never mind the fucking rest of the world, i can just shake my head and be thankful i'm insulated from literally all of it.

This is the bubble, and i don't want out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom