• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 10 years to me….

10 years this place has been one of my homes on the web and what a ride it has been. In that time I’ve gone from a substitute teacher to a professional pilot and more importantly a father. I don’t post much, but I visit often. 10 years really is a blink of an eye. For you younger folks, whatever you are working towards, keep grinding. A decade in a life is a lot, but it also really isn’t. Don’t be afraid of change, nothing is certain. All the best, GAF.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
*Thunder booms, wind bursting your balcony door open awakens you. You look around your darkened room, confused for a moment having been ripped from a pleasant dream that is already escaping your memory*

*You focus on the now open balcony doors - their large curtain-like drapes billowing in the wind*

*You suddenly feel the sensation of someone sitting down on the bed next to you. You can't move. Not from fear, but from something else - your muscles refused to respond. You're paralyzed*

*Hot breath warms your ear ......*

"Butterfly in the sky...", I whisper, a hint of a giggle in my voice.

"I can go twice as high... just take a look....". You hear the sound of a knife being drawn from leather.

"It's in a book...", your hear the sound of a pants zipper openig.

"A reading rainbow.....".

Grats on your successes.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
*Thunder booms, wind bursting your balcony door open awakens you. You look around your darkened room, confused for a moment having been ripped from a pleasant dream that is already escaping your memory*

*You focus on the now open balcony doors - their large curtain-like drapes billowing in the wind*

*You suddenly feel the sensation of someone sitting down on the bed next to you. You can't move. Not from fear, but from something else - your muscles refused to respond. You're paralyzed*

"I can go twice as high... just take a look....". You hear the sound of a knife being drawn from leather.

Grats on your successes.
Scared Dog GIF

Congrats OP. 10 years is a lot and isn't at the same time, I've been here for a few years (7? or something), and this place changed a lot. As I get older, the more I enjoy being here and discussing with people, but other things take priority. I still remember during my university days, browsing GAF and getting hyped for those E3 nights (even though I was mostly a lurker). Damn nice times. Lot has changed since then, but I check GAF everyday.

Keep crushing life brother, wish you all the best!

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Grats on your successes.

This is the sexiest thing I’ve ever read.

Tschumi

Grats on your successes.
You've been playing Kentucky Route Zero haven't ya :p

OP: waheyy!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
As an anxious person, I can't fathom the responsibilities flying a plane full of people, heck, even cargo. It's just incredible to be handle that much pressure, congrats.

As an anxious person, I can't fathom the responsibilities flying a plane full of people, heck, even cargo. It's just incredible to be handle that much pressure, congrats.
Lift the greatest weight you can, and bear it. That is where meaning is found in life. Not everyone can lift the same amount, the important part is that you commit yourself to bearing the greatest responsibility conceivable for your abilities. Therein lies dignity.

Last edited:

Grats on your successes.
I don’t know what’s going on here, but I like it.

Congrats on the milestone OP. With that being said, a decade isn’t as long as most people want to make out. There are people from Stone Age prowling this forum, looking at you and you know who I’m looking at.

Last edited:
Top Bottom