• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Happy 20th Birthday Crash Bandicoot!

jackissocool

Oct 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH

My earliest memory is playing Crash Bandicoot. As such, it's been pretty formative and is really the video game of my childhood. I'm excited the franchise is getting another shot. Let's hope it's a good one.

StayDead

Mar 10, 2011
I grew up with Crash and Mario as my favorite platforming games.

I have a lot of happy memories playing the first game. I also have a bad memory where I think it was one of the first and only times I've ever thrown a controller in anger.

Acquiescence

Mar 5, 2011
I don't like the way that weasel has his arm around Crash's girlfriend. He shouldn't be tolerating that shit.

Stereogatari

Banned
Oct 1, 2014
Ever since the Remaster announcement I've decided to not play the original games, which I do at least once a year.

Feels bad man.

KeyBladerXIII

Aug 26, 2015
Happy Birthday Crash! It's great that we can celebrate his anniversary while looking to the future of the franchise with hope. It's more than we can say for a few others...

Sapiens

Mar 10, 2005
Chicago
www.oprah.com
It's insane the results they got out of that hardware.

PSone was really amazing in that good developers were really able to get so much juice out of it. I mean, they maxed out the saturn a year after it came out, but the PSone kept going with new tricks.

Amazing.

Hated that way the fukkin game played though. So boring.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Jun 26, 2009
Norway

Godcannon

Sep 28, 2014
123 Fake Street
Happy Birthday Crash. I may have gotten banned for a lame April fools Crash remake thread, but the reason I did it was because deep down inside I knew there was some kind of announcement coming, and as long as they don't Tony Hawk it, it's going to be GLORIOUS. You're welcome Mods. Lol.

Bungie

Aug 30, 2012
Crash has brought me tons a good memories, wishing the future of it the best.

wrestleman

Jul 2, 2014
Don't really see the point in people coming into a thread celebrating a game just to say "Happy Anniversary, it's too bad it was bad" :V

But yeah. This series has a special place in my heart for many many reasons. My first game, and also the first games I had any sort of official involvement in. Also the reason I met my girlfriend and best friend.

If it weren't for Crash Bandicoot I wouldn't have any of the things I have :V

And all that's thankfully backed up by the fact that I actually do think the games are great -- and despite what some subsections of GAF would like me to believe, it's because I actually enjoy them, not because they are from my childhood. Crash 2 is still one of my favorite things in gaming.
I soured on Warped over the years. Too many vehicles.

Jazzem

Aug 17, 2007
Had fond memories of playing the third game over a friend's house, though back then I was exclusively a Nintendo guy (and about 8 years old :p)

In more recent times, I've become fond of the PS1 trilogy having played them on PSP. They're remarkably well made platformers, boasting surprisingly accurate controls and devilishly challenging level design. I don't know if I'd say the character is one of my favourites, but I like the Looney Tunes stylings of the games' tone and humour.

CTR is great as well!

Mr_L

Mar 20, 2013
NY
I'm so glad that he's coming back in some capacity. I just hope it all turns out well. Crash holds a special place in my gaming history and I would hate to see the character fall from grace again.

Also yes, CTR is damn good.

N.Domixis

Banned
May 30, 2013
To this day no game has came close to surpassing the original Quintology of crash games as my most favorite and memorable games.

Quintin DM

Jun 2, 2015
Canada
Recently replayed Crash 2, and man it's still awesome, can't wait to play the original trilogy on PS4 next year (hopefully)

InfiniteCombo

Jan 26, 2014
One of the biggest crimes I committed during my teenage years was not playing Crash, even though I loved my PS1.

This is a mistake that will need to be corrected soon. Although the Crash segment in
Uncharted 4
was pretty fun.

wrestleman

Jul 2, 2014
Recently replayed Crash 2, and man it's still awesome, can't wait to play the original trilogy on PS4 next year (hopefully)
They've been in development since at least 2014 (based on resumes and BruceLeeRoy teasing) so I think the already announced 2017 release is pretty locked in.