• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 20th Birthday Rage Racer!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
So yeah, I was tired. It's 20th not 30th, sorry guys LOL.

Happy-20th-birthday-title-Motion-Graphic-16002.jpg

The game:

37429-Rage_Racer_[U]-1.jpg

The System:

708sonyplay.141980.jpg

The amount of hours I put into it back in 1997:

Over 600

Arguably the best in the series, today marks Rage Racer's 20th birthday. Was released in the US back in April 1997 and I gotta tell ya, Rage Racer has aged like fine wine. Brutally hard at times but very satisfying once you win a race. Also has to this day some of the best and most rewarding power sliding mechanics of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613J9eqLwTw

God how I'd love to have a complete remake of this game! Give it force feedback steering wheel support, replay saving, spectator mode, and up to 60 player simultaneous online multiplayer!

Until then, RIP the Ridge Racer series:

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was like "wait how old am I?" for a second

Ogawa-san

OP isn't completely wrong, RR will still be dead by the time it's actually 30 in 2027.

It stings that 7 will be the last real RR we'll ever see :(

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I look at anyone who doesn't like Rage Racer as weak and feeble, and take comfort in the knowledge that I will outlive them.

Ōkami

today marks Rage Racer's 30th birthday. Was released in the US back in April 1997
I really like how OP can't claim the title was a mistake because of this and the 30th anniverary picture.

I had a little panic attack when I read 30, was like, holy shit am I that old? Then I realized I'm 33 and this is impossible that I played it when I was 3.

aparisi2274

2017-1997 = 30??

I am not sure if OP is being serious?

Is there a joke I am missing?

Did I fall asleep and its actually 2027?

Did he really spend a lot of time making that banner??

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
C'mon people.

It's pretty clear that OP is showcasing that the PS4 Pro is powerful enough to bend the spacetime continuum.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh, but I will say, Rage Racer was a great game. Not sure how it's aged, but I suspect I'd still have a great time playing it today. Last time I played it would've been back in 2001.

Top Bottom