• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday Dreamcast 9.9.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

tumblr_li8i9mlmhY1qed2dxo1_500.gif

DREAMCAST HD TRIBUTE VIDEO

History of Sega Dreamcast - Icons

Gamespot TV (1999) - Dreamcast Launch Special [pt. 1 of 4]

10 Things About Dreamcast

The 50 Best Sega Dreamcast Games

CNN Just Days Away From Release

Show us your dreamcast collection!!

Redx508

I guess ill plug it in today and play some Dynamite Cop and Rival Schools!!

Remember Sword of the Beserk that game was no joke i used to die all the time lol

Remk

Oh man 17 years already! next year I'm taking you out for drinks for sure, I don't think your dad (Saturn) would care either way.

Arcade gaming took a fatal blow with the fall of Sega but the Dreamcast will always remain as one of the best consoles ever.

I grew up in a tiny town that had no major distributor of any kind. Wal-Mart was all there was and it was 2 towns over. Just so happened I went on a trip with a friend's family on launch day to a larger city and while at the mall we tracked down a demo station at a game shop.

Got to play Ready 2 Rumble Boxing and it blew my goddamned mind. The fidelity on the animations and character models were just on another level. The sort of thing you'd only see in arcades and probably cost a dollar for 90 seconds of play.

Hell of a system.

Indelible

Still the best console launch ever in my eyes, playing games like Soul Calibur, Sonic Adventure and NFL 2K on day one was magical.

mollipen

Show us your dreamcast collection!!

Terrible quality photos below of what I think is my collection at this point, but you get the idea. Beyond that, I have two DCs ( US + Jpn), two light guns, keyboard, mouse, BBA, one set of Samba de Amigo maracas (sold one set + game many years ago), two VGA adapters, numerous VMUs, and random other stuff. Also had the karaoke unit, but sold that as well.

Broke my heart when the Dreamcast died. Sega's final console, but one of their most daring, with a library of games that felt both familiar and unique. And good lord, don't get me started on Phantasy Star Online, the game that truly introduced me to losing hundreds of hours of my life to online virtual worlds.

What was that game with the talking fish? One of the funniest gaming moments Ive ever experienced. lol

I salute you, dreamcast

xZvO1FW.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pictures, I'm keeping all my discs in binders while I'm at uni so I've cropped in on an old picture of my game shelf. I think the only gamed missing from that picture are Crazy Taxi 1 and Shenmue 2. The slightly folded spines are Gunbird 2 and Sonic Adventure.

I don't have a massive Dreamcast collection but the games I do have are some of my favourite of all time, would love to get my hands on a few more gems.

Dunkley

My girlfriend got me one last month for my birthday along with Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure and I absolutely love this thing.

I hope at some point I can get my hands on Shenmue but I think the Shenmue 3 hype took that market to a whole different level so getting one might take a bit.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I've been playing Dreamcast all week. Here's some VF3 thing I recorded last night.

giphy.gif

I absolutely LOVE this monitor for Dreamcast play.
NEC 71V.

Got my Dreamcast 11/22/1999. Not my favorite SEGA console, but lots of good memories with it and I still play it pretty regularly.

I remember bugging my mom to go to the mall in the middle of hurricane Floyd so I could trade in a bunch of games to get this. We didn't have school because of the rain and I needed something to do lol

Zalusithix

Man, still my favorite console. Best startup noise, too. Who can forget

Haha... I was thinking back to what the real startup sound was before I hit the bottom part of the post. I ended up putting tape over my VMUs to dull the tone. Wasn't perfect, but is was cheaper than replacing those CR2032s all the damn time.

ZeroCDR

I have a small but pleasant DC collection:

Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
Mortal Kombat Gold
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Resident Evil CODE: Veronica
Shenmue
Shenmue II PAL
Sonic Adventure
Zombie Revenge

Daingurse

Oh shit, didn't even register that today was 9/9! The Dreamcast is still my favorite game console of all-time. Definitely need to play some Dreamcast when I get home today! Maybe I'll pickup my Skies of Arcadia play-thru. That game looks so damn good over VGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom