• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Home Designer w/ free Theme price drop to $20 on eShop

maxcriden

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer is at its lowest price yet on the North American eShop. It started out at $40, but the game is now available for $20. This appears to be a permanent price drop. It also seems that you should receive a free 3DS theme with your purchase.

http://nintendoeverything.com/anima...igner-down-to-20-on-the-north-american-eshop/

Over on Metacritic, it has a 66:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/animal-crossing-happy-home-designer

Some people liked it. So perhaps this is a good price point for AC superfans?

Falchion

Nice, my mom would fucking love this game, too bad she's only got a regular DS for her brain training stuff.

Nice, my mom would fucking love this game, too bad she's only got a regular DS for her brain training stuff.
Time to upgrade Mom to 2DS!

$20 is a pretty good price if you like this type of Simulation game but haven't bitten yet. Loads of content, even without buying the optionals.

Awesome spinoff. Definitely check it out if you have any love for AC; I can't believe the Metacritic score is at 66!

Actually, I need to get back to it...making my torture-themed town square always sends me into hysterics.

Velcro Fly

It's too bad there are zero standards other than including items they want. It makes the game completely pointless. You get nothing from doing a good job or a bad job. Everyone is always perfectly happy regardless. At least have some kind of system where their happiness has a range so you know you did well or did not so well. Otherwise the game is pretty fun in short bursts.

Really fun, if somewhat limited, game. Great price for the amount of content it's got.

Also a good price point to encourage people to pick up a pack or two of Animal Crossing cards to use with it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's too bad there are zero standards other than including items they want. It makes the game completely pointless. You get nothing from doing a good job or a bad job. Everyone is always perfectly happy regardless. At least have some kind of system where their happiness has a range so you know you did well or did not so well. Otherwise the game is pretty fun in short bursts.

Yep. I sold it soon after purchase because there are no parameters. You can decorate however you want and the result is always the same.

Megatron

Time to upgrade Mom to 2DS!

$20 is a pretty good price if you like this type of Simulation game but haven't bitten yet. Loads of content, even without buying the optionals.

Don't you need an amiibo adapter with the 2ds? This game is pretty reliant on amiibo so isn't it?

That's kinda random. Why wouldn't it be included in the Nintendo Selects just last week? When New Leaf was in that wave too?

Possibly a stealth digital price drop in prep for Direct announcement tomorrow?

Don't you need an amiibo adapter with the 2ds? This game is pretty reliant on amiibo so isn't it?
You'd only need an amiibo adapter if you are going to buy cards, which I wouldn't suggest for the budget conscious player. As far as "needing" them to enjoy this game, I'll put it like this. There are around 330 characters and a dozen or so Main Street business you can design homes/shops for without buying a single amiibo or card, and you can remodel each structure to make it bigger three times, and infinite amounts just for fun.

Amiibo and amiibo cards are what I meant by "the optionals", they mainly have cosmetic items locked behind them, but the item catalogue is so huge an average player would never care about it.

Also, get New Leaf for Mom. It is a Select now.

Malakai

This is the price Triforce Heroes, Federation Force, Mario Ultra Smash and Amiibo Festival should have had launched at...

fernoca

That's kinda random. Why wouldn't it be included in the Nintendo Selects just last week? When New Leaf was in that wave too?

Possibly a stealth digital price drop in prep for Direct announcement tomorrow?
I think Selects need to be at least a year old.

HHD will be a year old in September 25. But maybe because it is seen as a "lesser game" compared to New Leaf, they decided to lower the price so that sales are better distributed, rather than just one eating the sales of the other.

leroidys

This is true, but that's pretty in line with the rest of the franchise.

I bought the game yesterday because of this sale, and man, this game is addicting. "Just one more day" was something I got stuck saying to myself, and then 2 hours would fly by.

This game is great. But I think it appeals to a specific sort of person who likes sandbox type situations over an actual goal.

I always loved decorating homes in Animal Crossing, but was always hindered by options and the time needed to get specific furniture. I also didn't like how I couldn't decorate NPC homes, and after a few months of playing, your villager's houses are a huge mess of junk you offloaded onto them.

The game also got me to buy a Resetti amiibo and some cards, because I want Resetti in my town. Building a house for Nook was fun, I was able to give him a huge Asian inspired Mansion on a beach, which is what I assume he'd likely live in.

Top Bottom