• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harada says he has something to announce during EVO finals

Skab

Why are people saying TxSF? Didnt that already release?

Unless im missing something

Two different games were originally announced. SFxT, a Street Fighter style game done by Capcom, and TxSF, a Tekken style game done by bamco. Ono was in charge of SFxT, and Harada was in charge of TxSF.

Niwa

Oh I remember getting a Tekken × Street Fighter Shirt which Ono and Harada signed @ an event during Gamescom.

Sayah

Aris asked Harada on the stream if the announcement is going to be big.
At first he said maybe, then aris asked again, and Harada said big.

Aris also asked if the next Tekken excluding cross tekken games, will be solo or tag.
Harada mentioned it will probably be solo, so Tekken 7 instead of Tekken Tag Tournament 3 I'm assuming.

I am so damn ready.

TreIII

Well, I guess it depends on just what Harada means when he says this is going to be an "announcement". Is this relating to one of the two new games he supposedly wanted to reveal in 2014, or an announcement relating to TxSF?

To recount, earlier this year on Twitter, he talked about how he wanted to reveal two all-new games. Stated that they were not related to the new "secret" Tekken project. And that it seemed safe to presume that these two new game announcements didn't relate to the already announced TxSF.

Could it possibly be Pokkén? Stranger things have happened.

LowParry

Man it's about time we see Tekken x Street Fighter. PS4/XB1 please! Or just a new Tekken. You got your money with Revolution already, time for some new blood goddammit!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Do recall he said this earlier in the year.

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/statuses/418711293701283840

Probably I'll announce New 2 or 3 titles in this year. But it's not TEKKEN. TEKKEN announcement = secret now…

Twitter is Twitter and all, and there's no definite way to take his message, but it's something to bear in mind.

Edit: Ah, beaten.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I'd love anything Tekken related, or especially Soul Calibur VI. I really couldn't care less about Pokken. As someone who isn't interested in Pokemon, doesn't own and has no interest in owning either of Nintendo's current platforms, and is really eager about the next Tekken, I'd be disappointed. Tag Tournament 2 home release is almost two years old now. I'm eager to hear about what comes next, whether it's Tekken 7 or Tekken X Street Fighter. If the team announced that they were working on something like Pokken, which I am wholly disconnected from, it would feel like a waste of time.

Of course, I know there are a lot of people flipping their pancakes over the thought of Pokken, so I'm keeping my opinion respectfully my own.

I've always felt more excited for TxSF than SFxT, so if we're finally gonna see it, I'm pretty stoked.

I just hope the roster isn't boring. Gimma mah obscure characters!

Ibuki

Banned
Idolmaster fighting game.

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

Toxi

Banned
Guessing it's TxSF

Then the game won't have any announcements for another year as it drifts back again into vaporware

jbug617

Banned
Cross post from the fighting game thread

Harada talking about the next Tekken game on Fab's stream. Said most likely solo, less characters 35-40 (TTT2 has 60), easier for new players. He also mentioned that backdash cancel is integral to Tekken so it'll most likely stay in. THANK JESUS.

Was really worried about the next game, but this is really reassuring.

D1AMONDDOGS

Neo Member
Apparently someone just showed the Tekken 7 logo on screen briefly at EVO - info via one of my friends who is a judge there right now. Just tweeted about it.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Please reboot the franchise again (a la Tekken 3) instead of continuing the actual nonsense...

Tekken has been actual nonsense since the beginning. Thinking it was anything otherwise is actual nonsense.

If it's Tekken 7, hopefully it has more fundamental changes than 6 did. One of the things I love about street fighter is that there is a very clear difference between numbered iterations, not just improvements. It keeps older entries alive, and makes the newer one even more important. Stuff like Bound is nice and all, but it's hardly anything anyone who isn't a tekken fan would even notice.

Tekken 7? I have my doubts, but that will be a gigantic surprise. Hopefully, it will be next generation and have a reasonable release date.

Top Bottom