• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Hardware) February 2009 NPD Predictions - Closes March 8

donny2112

lowlylowlycook said:
1 million would blow away the record for non-holiday sales.

Nintendo reduced their annual Wii shipment forecast due to slack Japanese demand. If they were going to start shipping 1 million a month to the U.S. in February, I'd have to think that they probably wouldn't have lowered their shipment forecast. :p

[360] 319K
[NDS] 450K
[PS2] 89K
[PS3] 180K
[PSP] 158K
[WII] 569K

I broght everything down from last month ( except 360 ) due to the economic recession. As more people lose their jobs, less consoles get sold.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
[360] 235K
[NDS] 440K
[PS2] 80K
[PS3] 245K
[PSP] 150K
[WII] 550K

Not many people betting the PS3 > 360 even with Killzone.

Vinci

Danish
D4Danger said:
Not many people betting the PS3 > 360 even with Killzone.

First, you have to suppose that there are a large number of people planning to buy the PS3 for KZ2. Second, you have to factor in that these people have so little time to buy a PS3 and the game in before the month is over. Third, the 360 sells better than the PS3 generally speaking, so ... yeah, we're guessing.

donny2112

The February NPD results are currently delayed until March 19.

The prediction deadline remains the same, though, since I believe that the Wedbush Morgan (i.e. Michael Pachter) NPD Preview is still coming out on Monday. The wait for Killzone 2's first month numbers just got longer, but on the bright side, the wait for Killzone 2's second month numbers will now seem shorter than it would have been. :D

donny2112

In the past, it's usually been because they wanted to update their software, so that's probably what it is this time, too.

Edit:
Jtyettis,
If you wanted to make the image in your avatar have less noise around the black words on a white background, converting the original image to a .png would probably help. :)

We've had Wii's in stock since the end of January at most East Coast locations for Gamestop (Philadelphia, suburban locations as well). Never dipped below 18 in the store at all times (we used to have 0 in store at all times).

Rolf NB

donny2112 said:
The February NPD results are currently delayed until March 19.

The prediction deadline remains the same, though, since I believe that the Wedbush Morgan (i.e. Michael Pachter) NPD Preview is still coming out on Monday. The wait for Killzone 2's first month numbers just got longer, but on the bright side, the wait for Killzone 2's second month numbers will now seem shorter than it would have been. :D
So April NPDs will be back to normal, second week of the month?
For a minute or so I had hoped that it's tradeoff that gives us better data (more software details, top 30 chart positions, that kind of thing) in exchange for a longer wait. Should I stop hoping?

donny2112

bcn-ron said:
So April NPDs will be back to normal, second week of the month?

As far as I know, it should be.

bcn-ron said:
Should I stop hoping?

I have no reason to think that this delay is due to changes in their policy for releasing data. It doesn't really hurt to "keep hope alive," but whenever NPD does make changes in regards to their policy for publicly releasing data, it seems to have been to restrict that releasing further. It's like Darth Vader on Cloud City.

FrankT

squicken said:
How long has Gamestop been running the $50 gift card offer for PS3 purchases? During Feb?

None of February. Target however had a similar deal in the month.

Deadly Monk said:
We've had Wii's in stock since the end of January at most East Coast locations for Gamestop (Philadelphia, suburban locations as well). Never dipped below 18 in the store at all times (we used to have 0 in store at all times).

Yup healthy Wii stock pretty much everywhere. Seasonal demand likely catching up somewhat with supply for now. Likely to be another great month for the Wii however.

Top Bottom