• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Last edited:

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
I just know this is going to blow up in their face. One day real white supremacists will be in power somewhere, and they will only have to make minor adjustments to these studies to justify themselves. “What’s that you sayin’ boy? You thinkin’ you can engage in methodological whiteness?”

In any case, this is something to be deplored.

Actually, you can take this a step further. This hurts the people it claims to be helping. Imagine some young person who is black or native who wants to improve his or her lot in life. They start to study hard, but then their peers tell them to stop acting white, and stop thinking white. We know this is happening. This study is doing exactly that.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: matt404au

llien

Feb 1, 2017
I just know this is going to blow up in their face. One day real white supremacists will be in power somewhere, and they will only have to make minor adjustments to these studies to justify themselves. “What’s that you sayin’ boy? You thinkin’ you can engage in methodological whiteness?”
What I see so far is US following USSR steps on this road, with american Lysenko-s with a twist (not just saying what overlords want to hear, but being of the "right" race/gender/sexual orientation) as successful scientists.

Not only biology was politicized. Quantum mechanics didn't bode well with materialism and was regarded as pseudo-science.
It got hilarious once they got to developing soviet nuke.

llien

Feb 1, 2017
Surely Pinky of all people understands that correlation does not equal causation, particularly for n = 2 and one of those cases is a tiny little island with a cowed population that recently had their guns grabbed without a whimper.
I'd abstain from attacking guy who not only applauded Grievance Studies trio, but even openly defended Boghossian, when he was attacked by Portland SU Lysenkos.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durask

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
I'd abstain from attacking guy who not only applauded Grievance Studies trio and openly defended Boghossian, when he was attacked by Portland SU Lysenkos.
What exactly is your issue with the grievance studies trio? It seemed to me to be a pretty damning take-down of the state of academia.

Reactions: autoduelist

llien

Feb 1, 2017
What exactly is your issue with the grievance studies trio? It seemed to me to be a pretty damning take-down of the state of academia.
I guess i didn't express myself well.
I think Plunker is a good guy, since he openly supported the trio.

Oct 26, 2018
What is "interphobia"?

Had to google it. Basically a lot of words meaning..... "Please don't be mean to people".

With the number of terms for sexuality and gender, it's going to get to a point every person gets their own word.

“Interphobia” — as coined in a fantastic 2010 blog post by openly intersex and trans* Professor Cary Gabriel Costello, PhD — is another term for what we have been calling “intersexphobia” for several years. Intersexphobia and Interphobia are defined as negative attitudes and feelings towards people who are believed to possess biological sex traits that are not typically male or female, known as Intersex Traits (whether they are actually born with them or simply exhibit non-bonary gender identity or expression, which is commonly associated with having congenital Intersex Traits.

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
Here in the northeast USA most non-religious private schools are also infested with wokeness. Not sure about religious schools.

Apr 18, 2020
USA
Men are less likely to wear masks – another sign that toxic masculinity kills
A number of men (including Trump) think masks make them look weak – a reminder of how damaging gender stereotypes are
Toxic mask-ulinity?

Alright, logging out now.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

South Korean team FC Seoul are forced to apologise after apparently filling their empty stands with 'SEX DOLLS' in place of fans for behind-closed-doors game
FC Seoul apologised for causing 'deep concern' over their use of mannequins.
With fans unable to attend, the club used mannequins to populate the stands.
After suggestions that they were sex dolls, the club clarified their position.

GreyHorace

Jun 14, 2019
BREAKING. Trans activists assmad because middle-aged author liked some tweets.

We guess JK Rowling has had another ‘middle-aged moment’, because she’s been caught liking hideously transphobic tweets again

JK Rowling has been criticised for appearing to like anti-transgender tweets targeting a trans woman who has faced years of bullying online.
The author upset many childhood fans of Harry Potter in December by tweeting her support for a woman who was fired for anti-transgender views, and in March before that by appearing to like a tweet that referred to trans women as “men in dresses”.

At the time Rowling’s reps officially sought to blame an accidental “middle-aged moment”, stating that she hadn’t meant to like the tweets.
But this week the multimillionaire has been caught liking a message from an activist linked to the anti-transgender LGB Alliance.
JK Rowling liked Twitter message smearing trans woman.

The message repeatedly misgendered and spread false claims about Alex Drummond, a psychotherapist and photographer who has become a point of fixation for transphobic activists online because she has a beard.
JK Rowling is under fire from fans once again

The tweet read: “This is Alex Drummond, an adult human male who claims to be a lesbian (yes, he’s kept his dangling bits and skipped the hormones) and believes that real lesbians who aren’t into penises are transphobic and should be excluded from the lesbian community. Yeah, this guy.”
Drummond, who previously said she is in a long-term committed relationship, has made no such claims.

Fans also noted that Rowling’s account liked another message insisting that “humans come in two, and only two, immutable sexes”.
Approached by PinkNews on Monday (May 18), a spokesperson for Rowling declined to comment.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England
Rowling has been repeatedly dragged by the far left these last few years.

First for defending the since entirely vindicated Johnny Depp, then for casting an oriental woman as human Nagini, but portraying her as a character that has shitty things happen to her that are beyond her control, as well.as obviously eventually turning evil, and finally now for having the gall to see a difference between biological women and trans women.

At this point I'm kind of expecting her to be declared alt right any day now.

Apr 18, 2020
USA
BREAKING. Trans activists assmad because middle-aged author liked some tweets.

So this person is allowed to say lesbians that don't like dick should be "excluded" from the lesbian community, but if you try to exclude them from the lesbian community because of, you know, the dick and beard, then it's too far? Trans people are literally allowed to do anything, invade any community and get away with it because absolutely no one has the balls (lol) to go against them on it.

Honestly Rowling got a bit annoying with her constantly changing bits of HP canon but at least she appears to have half a brain.