• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Cravis

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2006

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
England
It just occurred to me that their justification for this is so that every child can draw something that matches their own skin tone.

So in other words, they're making parents buy the 23 other redundant colours, alongside the corresponding greater cost they dont need, for just one crayon.

Oct 26, 2018
The names for the colours are fantastic:

The sheer number of upper management meetings that must've taken before getting signed off by the diversity and inclusivity comittee (all women, of course - just as any diversity and inclusivity group should be) must have have been into the high double-figures.

Can't wait for Vice to report that 'golden' and 'almond' are now white supremacist dog-whistles.
The labels and crayons don't even match up.

Also, nobody in real life is pink. Look at Deep Rose. LOL. Maybe should be called 24/7 Sunburn.

NeoIkaruGAF

Dec 8, 2019
It just occurred to me that their justification for this is so that every child can draw something that matches their own skin tone.

So in other words, they're making parents buy the 23 other redundant colours, alongside the corresponding greater cost they dont need, for just one crayon.
That’s so once your child runs out of her own skin tone, she’ll have to consider drawing diverse humans.

And you better hope she does indeed draw humans of other colors, otherwise she’ll start drawing very deep rose cats and before you know it, you‘ll have a furry in your house.

M1chl

Gold Member
Dec 25, 2019
Czech Republic

JUST OUT FOR A WALK

'Friendly and polite' German cannibal who ate a man he met online has been allowed out of prison on day trips while wearing a disguise, police reveal

A 'friendly and polite' cannibal who put out an advert for 'a man to slaughter' in a gay magazine before murdering and eating him has been going for 'walks around town'. Murderer Armin Meiwes, 58, was given 'sunglasses and a cap' to hide his identity and then driven to another state in Germany for walks. 'Two officers accompany him. We always drive him to another state for security reasons. There he can walk around town,' an investigator told BILD. In March 2001 Meiwes stabbed Bernd Brandes, 43, in the heart after amputating his penis and frying it in a pan with 'salt, pepper garlic and nutmeg', the murderer revealed in a televised interview in 2007.

Well this probably gave him some fame.

"My part", it was written due to story of this man.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
The names for the colours are fantastic:

The sheer number of upper management meetings that must've taken before getting signed off by the diversity and inclusivity comittee (all women, of course - just as any diversity and inclusivity group should be) must have have been into the high double-figures.

Can't wait for Vice to report that 'golden' and 'almond' are now white supremacist dog-whistles.
There's not blue, if I want to colour in a person being cold, or red for angry, or green for Ill or grey for sad. These crayons are good for nuttin but Eatin

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya

gender equality? omg who doesn't want that???

what's the fine print

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Michigan State University isn't just the prime location for having your daughter's no-no place violated by a doctor, you can also learn about curbing microaggressions from video conferencing:

“Unconscious bias can intersect with language, symbolism and nonverbal cues that reinforce normative social identities with respect to gender, race, sexual preference and socioeconomic status,” Bonomi said. “For example, when the virtual background of a Zoom meeting attendee has pictures of his or her wedding, it unintentionally reinforces the idea that marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes.”

So if you have (straight) wedding photos hanging on your walls, you are an unintentional homophobe. Hope you're proud of yourselves.

GymWolf

Jun 11, 2019

Nurse who only wore underwear under transparent PPE gown on male hospital ward in Russia because she was 'too hot' is disciplined (but the patients don't seem upset!)
Nurse claimed she was 'too hot' and didn't realise how transparent the gown was.

A nurse on an all-male coronavirus ward in Russia has been disciplined for only wearing 'lingerie' beneath her transparent protective gown.
Her revealing picture went viral after being taken by a patient at a hospital in Tula, 100 miles south of Moscow, who said there were 'no complaints' from his bedfellows.
But hospital chiefs were not amused and punished the nurse for 'non-compliance with the requirements for medical clothing'.

One patient said there was no objection from men in the coronavirus ward while admitting there was 'some embarrassment'.

A reader of local newspaper Tula News congratulated the nurse. 'At least someone has a sense of humour in this gloomy, gloomy reality,' said Sergey Ratnikov.

'Why the reprimand?' asked Albert Kuzminov.
Another supporter said: 'Everyone shouted at her, but no one paid attention that she was dressed in this way because of the heat.

A woman commenter Marina Astakhova posted: 'Well done, she raised the mood of the patients.'
And Valery Kapnin wrote: 'Why punish the nurse, you need to reward her. 'Seeing this outfit, no-one wants to die.'

Hector salamanca in the background having the best day of his life.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2014
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Grief is grief. Everyone in their lifetime on this planet is going to experience tragedy and grief.

I have a dear friend of mine who lost a nephew to random violence. It happened to be black on black violence. I went to the funeral. The level of grief at that funeral was as intense as anything I have experienced in my life. The racial composition of the parties involved had nothing to do with anything. It was pure agony on full display and I felt every ounce of it.

I would never deny that people can have different life experiences based on race but when it comes to the grief of tragic loss, that is a universal language. Tragedy is tragedy.