• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

MrA

Mar 9, 2020
Looking at this data it seems like women were a mistake and men are best civ. The amount of disrespect for For A Few Dollars More is baffling.

Hmmm, the result is a bit odd and I'm very curious on the methodology and the actual data. Clearly there must be some age disparity. I get that it's only showing where there's a big disagreement, but I'm still baffled at one list (female) having 3 movies released before 2000s and another (male) has only 2 movies released after 2000s. One could interpret that as men and women seemingly at the aggregate having very different views of old vs contemporary movies.
Men apparently are much more willing to watch foreign movie, rashomon, seven samurai, das boot, spaghetti westerns, yes please I think I will watch those, subtitles? No problem

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018

Microsoft sacks journalists to replace them with robots
Users of the homepages of the MSN website and Edge browser will now see news stories generated by AI

Dozens of journalists have been sacked after Microsoft decided to replace them with artificial intelligence software.
Staff who maintain the news homepages on Microsoft’s MSN website and its Edge browser – used by millions of Britons every day – have been told that they will be no longer be required because robots can now do their jobs.

Around 27 individuals employed by PA Media – formerly the Press Association – were told on Thursday that they would lose their jobs in a month’s time after Microsoft decided to stop employing humans to select, edit and curate news articles on its homepages.
Employees were told Microsoft’s decision to end the contract with PA Media was taken at short notice as part of a global shift away from humans in favour of automated updates for news.

One staff member who worked on the team said: “I spend all my time reading about how automation and AI is going to take all our jobs, and here I am – AI has taken my job.”

Not necessarily good news. AI tends to come with the biases of its creator.

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004

Users of the homepages of the MSN website and Edge browser will now see news stories generated by AI

Dozens of journalists have been sacked after Microsoft decided to replace them with artificial intelligence software.
Staff who maintain the news homepages on Microsoft’s MSN website and its Edge browser – used by millions of Britons every day – have been told that they will be no longer be required because robots can now do their jobs.

Around 27 individuals employed by PA Media – formerly the Press Association – were told on Thursday that they would lose their jobs in a month’s time after Microsoft decided to stop employing humans to select, edit and curate news articles on its homepages.
Employees were told Microsoft’s decision to end the contract with PA Media was taken at short notice as part of a global shift away from humans in favour of automated updates for news.

One staff member who worked on the team said: “I spend all my time reading about how automation and AI is going to take all our jobs, and here I am – AI has taken my job.”

When your work consists of taking a tweet & writing 2 paragraphs about, you gotta know that you're replaceable.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018

Yoda:

"Learning to code, they must"

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
People caring about the change from "clown world" to "mad world". Lol, Mad World is an apt name as well and kinda fitting for a gaming forum. Gives a sort of sad feeling to it. Also, clown world feels like an old meme, so I like seeing it changed up a bit. It's played a bit straight though, so I wonder what the next name is gonna be. Poor matt404au matt404au , (((they))) are behind it.

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
(((ok)))

Random name change for a nearly two year old thread with a name that has been labelled alt right by the screechers. What possible reason could there be for it?
Who knows? Maybe a desire to change, maybe to reflect the current times where things are far more mad than clowney, maybe they just felt like the meme was dead and thus a name change warranted. What you imagine might be the reason is more a reflection of your mindset, as there might numerous reasons, including what you might be thinking. People are always overly vary and paranoid, seeing the pattern they mostly are afraid of, rather than what actually might be there. It's the same thing that fuels a lot of craziness on the left and the right, rather than being based on clear evidence. When something is changing/happening it's because of "that thing" (that thing being whatever one's afraid of or one's enemy). See the craziness with the Russian collusion and how it broke a lot of Americans' mind to constantly assume that Russians are behind everything.

You can ask and I feel it's fair to wonder, but I don't see the need to instantly go "oh no no it can only be the sjws", just because of something changing. That's a very conservative paranoia.

Last edited:

matt404au

Banned
Apr 25, 2009
Straya
Who knows? Maybe a desire to change, maybe to reflect the current times where things are far more mad than clowney, maybe they just felt like the meme was dead and thus a name change warranted. What you imagine might be the reason is more a reflection of your mindset, as there might numerous reasons, including what you might be thinking. People are always overly vary and paranoid, seeing the pattern they mostly are afraid of, rather than what actually might be there. It's the same thing that fuels a lot of craziness on the left and the right, rather than being based on clear evidence. When something is changing/happening it's because of "that thing" (that thing being whatever one's afraid of or one's enemy). See the craziness with the Russian collusion and how it broke a lot of Americans' mind to constantly assume that Russians are behind everything.

You can ask and I feel it's fair to wonder, but I don't see the need to instantly go "oh no no it can only be the sjws", just because of something changing. That's a very conservative paranoia.
Accusing me of mind reading while attempting to mind read me.

I said I couldn’t think of a good reason for it. I didn’t say what I thought it was and asked a question, now you’re jew bracketing me and calling me a conspiracy theorist.

Fuck off, dickhead.

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Accusing me of mind reading while attempting to mind read me.

I said I couldn’t think of a good reason for it. I didn’t say what I thought it was and asked a question, now you’re jew bracketing me and calling me a conspiracy theorist.

Fuck off, dickhead.
That's pretty much a strawman, matt404au matt404au . I never said you were trying to read someone's mind, rather pointing out that your knee jerk worries are more a reflection of yourself when it's based on limited information. It's based on one's own prejudice after all and we all have prejudice.
Also, you are being very disingenuous, which is even worse considering you accuse people like Nobody_Important to be disingenuous and that one needs to see the context of how they are behaving. If you see the context of what you wrote, with your previous post right before that, it becomes more than "I couldn't think a reason for it" more than "just asking questions", because you had rhetorically alluded to it being done for "nefarious" reasons. And it might have, but running quickly into that are more a reflection of one's own worries and state of mind.
I'm also not directly calling you a conspiracy theorist, I'm more alluding to your own paranoia given the limited information you had.

Dicks off, fuckhead.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018
I vote we riot and burn everything down. All mods are bastards, down with the oppressors, let’s loot some TVs while we’re at it.
Here here. Nah, I'm not planning on going anywhere. It's a very minor change and I love posting and reading other posts. But to have a mod cave so easily to a sjw slight would be a bad sign for the future. It would make me lose faith that the place might not turn right back around to how it was before the reset retards left.

That's why further clarification would be nice.

Reactions: hariseldon

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Here here. Nah, I'm not planning on going anywhere. It's a very minor change and I love posting and reading other posts. But to have a mod cave so easily to a sjw slight would be a bad sign for the future. It would make me lose faith that the place might not turn right back around to how it was before the reset retards left.

That's why further clarification would be nice.
This has nothing to do with sjw slights or rogue mods. We’re not on the darkweb here. As a mainstream forum with advertising we have regulations to abide by, just like the rest of the internet. Some minor changes were made to maintain compliance with various terms of service, as has always been done and always will be done. The thread is still here.

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
Enter ABRAHAM and BALTHASAR
ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
I do bite my thumb, sir.
ABRAHAM
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
SAMPSON
[Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say
ay?
GREGORY
SAMPSON
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir.
GREGORY
Do you quarrel, sir?
ABRAHAM
Quarrel sir! no, sir.
SAMPSON
If you do, sir, I am for you: I serve as good a man as you.
ABRAHAM
No better.
SAMPSON
Well, sir.
GREGORY
Say 'better:' here comes one of my master's kinsmen.
SAMPSON
Yes, better, sir.
ABRAHAM
SAMPSON
Draw, if you be men. Gregory, remember thy swashing blow.
They fight

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
This has nothing to do with sjw slights or rogue mods. We’re not on the darkweb here. As a mainstream forum with advertising we have regulations to abide by, just like the rest of the internet. Some minor changes were made to maintain compliance with various terms of service, as has always been done and always will be done. The thread is still here.
If you're good at something... never do it for money. That's what I say.... I think the other guy said it different though.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: EviLore

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
Slippery slope.

Reactions: RSB and autoduelist

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Serius face

Billie Eilish calls out President Donald Trump with scathing reaction to his critical tweets about Minneapolis protests: 'Are you dead f***ing serius????'

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
I’d say this is the first time you’ve bent the knee since I’ve been here. It’s disappointing. This provides a perfect opportunity for SJWs to destroy gaf - put pressure on advertisers to set rules that lead to you bending the knee.

Son, I am disappoint.
You personally seeing or not seeing something has no bearing on reality.

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
I can see EL’s perspective on this. The internet, from advertising to hosting, is run by hardline ideologues that will wreck your shit, if you don’t follow rules.

People that have spent time on other forums that have run into these restrictions, and almost been ended, should quite capably understand the power that’s wielded.

Do you want there to be a Neogaf with a few tweaks to thread wording, or no Neogaf at all? It may not be that dramatic, but something to keep in mind.

Save the anger for the people doing this.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
I can see EL’s perspective on this. The internet, from advertising to hosting, is run by hardline ideologues that will wreck your shit, if you don’t follow rules.

People that have spent time on other forums that have run into these restrictions, and almost been ended, should quite capably understand the power that’s wielded.

Do you want there to be a Neogaf with a few tweaks to thread wording, or no Neogaf at all? It may not be that dramatic, but something to keep in mind.

Save the anger for the people doing this.
I want gaf with its integrity intact. Slowly boiling the frog does not fit with that.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
There are DMCAs, C&Ds, advertising ToS compliance, etc. etc. to deal with on a daily basis. Some are complied with, some are not. That is the reality for any site that is part of the mainstream internet. Feel free to fuck off and create your own forum at any time. On the 1/100,000 chance that enough people visit it for it to matter, you’ll deal with the same issues.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
There are DMCAs, C&Ds, advertising ToS compliance, etc. etc. to deal with on a daily basis. Some are complied with, some are not. That is the reality for any site that is part of the mainstream internet. Feel free to fuck off and create your own forum at any time. On the 1/100,000 chance that enough people visit it for it to matter, you’ll deal with the same issues.
Telling people to fuck off and make their own is intellectually dishonest. The site was reborn on the notion of transparency and freedom of speech, it’s what attracts us all. Perhaps I’ve caught you on a bad day but this, and your response to criticism, feels like va change for the worse.

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
I bet it was EA.. those fuckers.