• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
Can’t post in the politics riot thread but this pretty mad world so I’ll put it here.

Enraging and tragic.

edit: amature forum skilz
Just know that all the SJWs, the black supremacists and all the liberal elites are actively cheering these people on and aiding them, its "justice" for the guy that mainly died of heart disease and drugs according to the official autopsy. Just imagine how morally bankrupt you have to be to support people bashing innocent people with rocks or 2x4s in response to an incident they had absolutely nothing to do with. It's far beyond Clown World. All the barbaric videos I've watched recently disgust me to the point where I'm convinced these "protesters" are nothing more than vile domestic terrorists and I hope the army intervenes, hard.

Last edited:

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
I don't understand how the term is associated with the alt right at all, I've never actually heard that claim anywhere. I'd like to hear the actual stated argument for that, because it smells like bullshit to me. It's shitty that we have to capitulate to absolute nonsense.
When you are operating in a hostile environment, yes some risks you take and some risks you don't,.

The media will be happy to pounce on a "neo Nazi forum".

Last edited:
Reactions: -Arcadia-

Tenaciousmo

May 10, 2018
Montreal, Canada
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: haxan7

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
When you are operating in a hostile environment, yes some risks you take and some risks you don't,.

The media will be happy to pounce on a "neo Nazi forum".
I'm not saying it's not in the site's best interests to take such action, because I don't know all the details, what I'm saying is I had no idea that this was even on anyone's radar and considered "risky" terminology. I've never seen any articles or media coverage on the term clown world as an alt right thing. At the end of the day I don't care because the thread is still here and I'm assuming the same content will be allowed here that always has been, but I'm not in the "it's just a word guys" camp, I think this is obviously indicative of something we'd rather not encourage broadly, and noteworthy precisely because of how benign the term is.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
Why have these store owners not armed themselves?
Blue state beliefs and laws/difficulty in getting a gun, most likely.

It’ll be interesting to see how nationwide riots change the attitude towards taking advantage of 2A rights, particularly when people in these cities witnessed their homes turning into what looked like third world anarchy, right before their eyes.

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
So what is the point of this thread? I just read up the last few pages after coming here through a hariseldon comment from another thread.

Just general lamenting that the world is murray-mental?

edit - also does that video auto play sound even when you pause it for anyone else? I had to mute the tab so my reading didn't have the BGM of those horrible fuckers looting that shop.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
So what is the point of this thread? I just read up the last few pages after coming here through a hariseldon comment from another thread.

edit - also does that video auto play sound even when you pause it for anyone else? I had to mute the tab so my reading didn't have the BGM of those horrible fuckers looting that shop.
bear witness my friend

and reddit fucking sucks, that's why

Reactions: Scotty W

SKM1

Mar 7, 2018

Yes it's very buggy. Had to mute also.

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
Now I have two vids going at once! Anyway lol

Its easy to talk a big game but if I owned a business and cunts were trying to loot it I'd fucking burst them with a baseball bat. I just don't have the words for how angry this stuff makes me.

I've known people throughout my life who, shall we say , "have to protect their place of business" and they keep sharp tools around in case anything happens. I always thought it was over reacting bullshit but when you see "normal people" acting like that then you know actual fucking nasty criminals would be 10x worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: matt404au

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
All these corporations jumping on the hot new trend for those woke SJW points. Disappointing to see, but I can't say I'm surprised. Not going to be picking up a PS5 anytime soon, that's for sure.
Translation: "If you don't fully support the rioting, looting, assaulting then you're a racist". Fire your social media team Sony, there are far better ways to send words of support to Mr. Floyd's family than calling white people racists.

Last edited:

Durask

Feb 6, 2012
All these corporations jumping on the hot new trend for those woke SJW points. Disappointing to see, but I can't say I'm surprised. Not going to be picking up a PS5 anytime soon, that's for sure.
Buy used, that way they won't get your money unless you subscribe to PS Plus or something.

Last edited:

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Help guys! The media & Twitter warriors are telling me that looting & rioting are justified in the face of racial oppression. Celebs are generously bailing the folks out of jail.

But they're also telling me that Russians elements & white supremacists are the ones looting & rioting. Why would our celebrity betters bail out these bad guys?

I'm trying to hold these conflicting thoughts at the same time, but now my nose is bleeding & I feel disoriented. Does anyone know a homeopathic, organic treatment for a bad case of CD?

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Race-tinted glasses

Anna Wintour says Joe Biden should choose a woman of color to be his vice president - and he should do it now

Anna
Wintour, editor of U.S. Vogue for over 30 years, is an influential Democrat.
Wintour has called on Joe Biden to name a woman of color as his running mate

'He must surround himself with the best and the brightest minds who represent all of America - and that means he should choose a woman of color', she said.
Biden's team had reportedly been in discussion with white Minnesota senator Amy Klobuchar, for his VP pick.
But he is also said to be considering women of color including Kamala Harris and Stacey Abrams.

Wintour described Trump as 'a disgraceful president' and urged readers to vote.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: haxan7

Kempton

Neo Member
Apr 26, 2020
The struggle session continues.

Honestly these people aren’t liberals. It’s depressing how much this ethnic collectivist thinking is gaining mainstream popularity all over the west.

My hope is this is just Twitter extremists but it seems to be gaining steam with the riots.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019
The struggle session continues.

Honestly these people aren’t liberals. It’s depressing how much this ethnic collectivist thinking is gaining mainstream popularity all over the west.

My hope is this is just Twitter extremists but it seems to be gaining steam with the riots.
If you read anything on Twitter or Reddit, chances are, it’s extremism. Both sides have pruned conservatives and moderates stealthily for so long via shadowbans, deletions, and outright account nukes, that all that’s left is...

By design, of course.

That second one, though. It’s amazing how ‘whiteness’ is this intangible boogeyman that can be connected to anything and everything. It couldn’t just be... standing up for what’s right?