• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Does anyone have any idea how often stuff like the above happens? I'm genuinely curious about that.

In Scotland we had an incident last year. One night people put up plain pieces of paper on lamp-posts with nothing but the words "It's ok to be white" written on them. That was it, nothing else at all. When the country woke up the next day, the mainstream media & politicians flipped out & fell over the top of each other in a desperate rush to condemn this display of vile racism.

It felt like a troll job to me & got me thinking. How did :messenger_ok: become a secret white supremacy sign, for example? Is there a lot of this going on?
Kek empowers his worshippers on /pol/ to will their shitposting into reality.

• LOL
Reactions: Tesseract

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
goofy shit was added to apex as well, bunch of signaling losers
I booted up the game, was met by the BLM message, backed-out to the dashboard and uninstalled it 🤷‍♂️

I've watched 'SJW' culture have a harmful impact on gaming over the last 5 or so years. I weathered the storm thinking it would go away. I'm not doing it again.

Any game that comes with blatant political messaging is getting avoided from now on.

CAB_Life

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2019
Toronto
christianadrianbrown.com
What a grand provocateur. Amazing the duality of this piece, the depth, the gravitass (two s’s for obvious reasons); how he’s looking at the little man in the mirror while looking at the man. Wow. Like Tchaikovsky, he does his best work while waggling his genitals, ever so thoughtfully before himself, swinging them to and fro like a wise man does the beads on his abbacus—a time honoured tradition from the Greek philosophers according to the new social studies professors.

After all, where do you think “Dance of the Sugar Plums” came from? (“Fairy” was retconned in later for the Puritans, and surely has no place in our awakened society today.)

Stunning. And brave, so brave.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
I booted up the game, was met by the BLM message, backed-out to the dashboard and uninstalled it 🤷‍♂️

I've watched 'SJW' culture have a harmful impact on gaming over the last 5 or so years. I weathered the storm thinking it would go away. I'm not doing it again.

Any game that comes with blatant political messaging is getting avoided from now on.
yeah i'm probably done for a while, at least until the banner is removed

knee deep in a premade or i'd already peace out to quake champions and let the waves take me

Reactions: -Arcadia-

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019

knee deep in a premade or i'd already peace out to quake champions and let the waves take me
I'm done, done. As soon as one game does it, it's dead to me. I've had 25+ years of a hobby that has taught me, entertained me and sometimes scared the shit out of me. All good things must come to an end

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
So this is the clown thread? I was looking for it the other day but never thought to look in here.

Why the rename?

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
So this is the clown thread? I was looking for it the other day but never thought to look in here.

Why the rename?
Advertisers got pissed and leaned on Evilore. It was easier to change the name of this thread than waste the big guns defending it. We may need the big guns to stop a larger change.

Not that we can stop a larger change. The BLM riots and 'racism' is just the 2nd phase of the playbook. Phase 1 being the SJW shit we've seen get pushed in to everything.

Kempton

Neo Member
Apr 26, 2020
It’s just depressing honestly. I can only escape the discomfort by taking nihilistic cynical perspective and just watch from the outside like a future historian might.

Kempton

Neo Member
Apr 26, 2020
If you want to see mob mentality in action skip to 2:53:20
It’s like a dark shadow falls over the crowd.

I’m not sure what the guy believes politically but the crowd immediately buys the accusations of white supremacy. Check out the hate in one of the pretty girls eyes. Humans are scary sometimes.

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

I’m not sure what the guy believes politically but the crowd immediately buys the accusations of white supremacy. Check out the hate in one of the pretty girls eyes. Humans are scary sometimes.
They arrested him at the end because it was easier than arresting the whole crowd I guess? Either way if the cops would not have been there he would have been beaten... and none of those fucks even cared why.

• Triggered
Reactions: Kuranghi
Dec 15, 2011

Really good video that shows mob mentality. No logic. No reason. Sheep led by other sheep.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007

Crazy white lady at 2:55:00:

"WE DO NOT QUESTION BLACK WOMEN WHEN THEY SAY THERE IS A KNOWN WHITE SUPREMACIST."

Fucking braindead stooges. This is terrifying. Seriously, these people have less mental capabilities than a three year old.

Last edited:

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004

This is always the easiest way to tell the difference between Antifa and legit protesters in the US:

Protesters: Please hear us and film us, I want people to know about my cause.

Antifa: Stop filming, shut the camera off or you're in trouble.

You see this every time someone tries to film in Antifa in public spaces, they immediately use signs and noise makers to obscure their presence. Pretty sad (and not surprising) to the see the cops capitulate to the crowd.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

I am getting annoyed with Amazon Prime.
Massive virtue signalling. Over the top, in your face, pandering. Center screen is a 'i am not your negro'in bold text. If my kid says that word as a result, he gets called a racist. Fucking ridiculous.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
It’s just depressing honestly. I can only escape the discomfort by taking nihilistic cynical perspective and just watch from the outside like a future historian might.
I debate just turning all the electronics off and relaxing in the silence. Just shutting off the stupidity. I know if I did so, I could live a life of peace and quiet - I didn't own or watch tv for over a decade and it was magnificent [it would be harder now, with kids]. But we are at such a crossroads.. i fear if i did that for another 10, it's giving up, just letting these people kill liberty. No easy answer.

-Arcadia-

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2019

I'm done, done. As soon as one game does it, it's dead to me. I've had 25+ years of a hobby that has taught me, entertained me and sometimes scared the shit out of me. All good things must come to an end
Respect. I don’t know what the future holds, but I do know that I’m never engaging with these companies the same way. They have quietly encouraged the burning of my country, as well as fully embracing and propagandizing the narrative that it is inherently racist, without a fact to be found.

I enjoy these games for me, not them (which is something I keep reminding myself of), and I’m sure not all the creators are on board with the moronic messaging, so I see myself continuing to play, unless a game has more of that propagandizing — the BLM thing is beyond the pale. Anything like that is an uninstall or a no-buy.

I’ll just maybe invest more into used games than I ever have, and look into piracy. Giving these particular mega-corps money doesn’t feel like something I’m okay with, especially when it literally just gets funneled towards organizations that are fundamentally against my best interests.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
It's funny how the same people don't have a problem with a cartoon character running around with a scythe.

CAB_Life

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2019
Toronto
christianadrianbrown.com
I debate just turning all the electronics off and relaxing in the silence. Just shutting off the stupidity. I know if I did so, I could live a life of peace and quiet - I didn't own or watch tv for over a decade and it was magnificent [it would be harder now, with kids]. But we are at such a crossroads.. i fear if i did that for another 10, it's giving up, just letting these people kill liberty. No easy answer.
One of the best things you can do for your mental health and peace of mind is to get the fuck off Twitter—if you haven’t already. Deleted my account (much to the annoyance of my publicist) like 6 months, maybe a year ago? Near instantaneous and persistent tranquility. The only glimpses I get of Twitter are in clown world threads or the occasional clown world MSM video that pops up on FB or YT. And I’m immediately reminded that I made the correct choice.

Last edited:

Kempton

Neo Member
Apr 26, 2020
^ Correct

I’m hopelessly addicted to twitter and I don’t even have an account, I just browse the same profiles endlessly like a fucking pleb begging for water. It’s pathetic.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: haxan7