• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

Cambridge University backs academic who tweeted 'White Lives Don't Matter' - and promotes her to professor - after she received barrage of abuse and death threats
The University of Cambridge has spoken out in support of one of its lecturers who was hit by a wave of abusive messages and death threats for tweeting 'White Lives Don't Matter'.

Dr Priyamvada Gopal, 51, who teaches in the Faculty of English at Churchill College, took to the social media platform on Tuesday evening to write: 'I'll say it again. White Lives Don't Matter. As white lives.'

However the controversial message, which has since been deleted by Twitter, was met with a barrage of outrage, with many people responding both publicly and privately with death threats and racist abuse.

A petition titled 'Fire Cambridge Professor for Racism’ was also launched on the petition site change.org on Wednesday demanding that Dr Gopal be fired by the university for the comment.

Dr Gopal later shared some of the hate speech she had received, including from a man sending her a picture of a noose and writing: 'We are coming for you you n***er loving piece of s*it'.

As well as sharing some of the worst abuse she has received, Dr Gopal - who is also a journalist and activist - announced that on Wednesday night, the university promoted her to a full Professorship.

She added: 'I would also like to make clear I stand by my tweets, now deleted by Twitter, not me.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
You can tell it just means so much to them...it's so moving! :messenger_loudly_crying:
"Worthy of his name" is some real bullshit. The dude was not a good person by all accounts. Of course, that doesn't matter when it comes to the horribly unjust way he was treated, but to see these fucking opportunist white Lefties try to elevate him to Sainthood is despicable.

Last edited:

chocobomochi

Formerly 'onewingedhoneybee'
Apr 18, 2020
USA
Crossposting, because this is so, so dumb (again)

It would absolutely ruin the mood to have someone checking if you still want to bang every 3 seconds. It makes the other person sound insecure. Why is the responsibility on the other person to sniff out whether you actually want to have sex? If I want to stop I will say so. If I don't want to do anything I'll say so. I don't need the other person to ask me if I'm okay with it before I go "oh you know what, actually I don't want to be here."

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018
It would absolutely ruin the mood to have someone checking if you still want to bang every 3 seconds. It makes the other person sound insecure. Why is the responsibility on the other person to sniff out whether you actually want to have sex? If I want to stop I will say so. If I don't want to do anything I'll say so. I don't need the other person to ask me if I'm okay with it before I go "oh you know what, actually I don't want to be here."
Not only that, but if a person asks constantly if you still want to bang, doesn't that indicate that they aren't sure about it? Are they being raped? 🤔

Last edited:

chocobomochi

Apr 18, 2020
USA
Crossposting, because this is so, so dumb (again)

Most extreme left/SJW talking points can be traced back to a desire to erase consequences for your own actions and remove personal accountability, and this is no exception. "I was uncomfortable and wanted to stop, but he didn't ASK me if I was uncomfortable, so I kept my mouth shut and let him continue." Considering this is obviously targeted more towards men, telling them they're supposed to ask for consent multiple times, this is basically telling women they need a man's permission to not have sex, and that they shouldn't speak until spoken to. Ironic.

chocobomochi

Apr 18, 2020
USA
Not only that, but if a person asks constantly if you still want to bang, doesn't that indicate that they aren't sure about it? Are they being raped? 🤔
Now we're thinking with our whole brain. Did anyone ask them if they were comfortable? Sounds like we got a two-way rape going on here.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: BigBooper

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Sorry to get all serious in clown world, but I agree with this 100%. If Trump wins due to lots of shy Trumpers (or even just people afraid to publicly say anything about BLM), then there could be real trouble ahead. If I were American, I might be hoping for a Biden victory for this reason.
Biden will kneel to the mob. Fuck that.

if you are worried about law and order the last thing you do is elect Biden.

Feb 7, 2012
So i guess ill finally post this in the clown world. I found this with some friends years ago...we would read through it and just laugh at how off the walls batshit insane the people were. It reads like a window into the mind of just how mentally manipulated by extremism can make the basis for all your ideas forged on insane platforms.

It was bringing up Solanas that made me decide to post this. It is the direct result of her ideas that created this sewer of complete radical insanity. Little did i know that back then, these ideas would take root in mainstream culture in a terrifying way that becomes more true by the day. This is the most bizarre of the posts but read through them all if you want a look into the frightening mind of people who condemn an entire gender to literal genocide.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
So i guess ill finally post this in the clown world. I found this with some friends years ago...we would read through it and just laugh at how off the walls batshit insane the people were. It reads like a window into the mind of just how mentally manipulated by extremism can make the basis for all your ideas forged on insane platforms.

It was bringing up Solanas that made me decide to post this. It is the direct result of her ideas that created this sewer of complete radical insanity. Little did i know that back then, these ideas would take root in mainstream culture in a terrifying way that becomes more true by the day. This is the most bizarre of the posts but read through them all if you want a look into the frightening mind of people who condemn an entire gender to literal genocide.

All of men’s (alive and euthanised) belongings, property, resources and land will be confiscated from men and handed back to female care and supervision – property rights over land will be abolished. You can’t own land!

All men at least above 15 (or younger if very asocial) should live separately from women and children, on their own in small huts or studios, isolated from one another and scattered around so that women can keep an eye on them (they should never be in groups or packs, that would be illegal). So it would also be illegal for male adults to impose their presence on females, girls and children. Men would have to care for themselves on their own: food, laundry, etc. No male above his age of puberty would be allowed to receive any kind of service from a female. Their life expectancy would probably drop to the age of 40, but that’s how things should be. Women’s life expectancy without men would rise to 130 years at least.
Fathers’ rights will cease to exist. There is no such thing as fatherhood — as we all know, it’s a myth.
No more military, no more army, no more wars! It would be illegal for men to hold weapons. Global peace would be the immediate consequence
States, borders, nations, laws would be abolished and totally dispensed with. Laws mentioning the number of prohibited acts will be kept for men only. Women do not need laws to contain ourselves.
Men would be permanently banned from any kind of medical practice. SNIP SOME CRAZY... There will be no more chemical, synthetic and toxic products with often worse side effects than the illness itself it claims to heal.

Perfect health would be the normal state of women anyway, as we will learn by experience and observation what we should eat and do to stay healthy at all seasons and times
Where ever did people get the idea feminism was a man hating ideology?

Durask

Feb 6, 2012

Not sure where this goes - kinda scary for clown world.

My guess is they plan to do surveillance and fire all the heretics for some unrelated matter - oh you went to weather.com for 20 seconds to check the weather - AHA using company computer for personal matters, fired!

Last edited:

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

That reads as evil as any stories i've heard about Nazi's or the times i've come across a clan member in real life. That is some Jim Jones Kool-aid padded wall straight jacket Mein Kampf insanity. That person should be locked up.

chocobomochi

Apr 18, 2020
USA

My guess is they plan to do surveillance and fire all the heretics for some unrelated matter - oh you went to weather.com for 20 seconds to check the weather - AHA using company computer for personal matters, fired!
People being SILENT. Like, regardless of what the topic is, I typically don't contribute to discussions unless I have something really meaningful to add, and a lot of the time since I'm more shy and introverted I just stay quiet in those situations. The fact that people could be fired for that is terrifying.

-Arcadia-

Aug 20, 2019

The second they started using "Silence is Compliance", I knew where it was headed.

If you don't praise the sanctioned ideology and leaders as loudly as possible, you'll face the consequences. We're getting closer to all the greatest hits of communism now.

In this kind of case, I'd really like to see some sort of lawsuits filed, if evidence could be obtained, via a memo or something. Existing structure should prevent this, but people have to use it and put their foot down.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Wait, WTF:

"Both the Justice Department and Nader’s defense team had worked out a plea agreement in which Nader would be sentenced to 10 years for each charge, while allowing the sentences to be served at the same time. "

Repeat child sex offender gets to serve multiple charges at the same time. How does that even work? If I murder 100 people and go to prison, I'm not getting out in 10 years or some shit because they let the charges all be counted at once. That's some "I'm connected in DC" privilege, for sure.

Reactions: #Phonepunk#

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018

Where did you see this?

Like, I can't even begin to imagine a company feeling compelled to do a thing like this. I have, however, seen my Seattle-based employer encourage us to celebrate Juneteenth for the first time ever... hopefully they weren't tracking whether I clicked those links for cultural enrichment... I was too busy watching live streams from the CHOP. Far more culturally enriching!

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
Wait, WTF:

"Both the Justice Department and Nader’s defense team had worked out a plea agreement in which Nader would be sentenced to 10 years for each charge, while allowing the sentences to be served at the same time. "

Repeat child sex offender gets to serve multiple charges at the same time. How does that even work? If I murder 100 people and go to prison, I'm not getting out in 10 years or some shit because they let the charges all be counted at once. That's some "I'm connected in DC" privilege, for sure.
Well now you know you can ask for that.

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Well now you know you can ask for that.
Ay, Mr. Influential Politician, me and about ten thousand Ben Franklins agree that my client, Mr. Nassar deserves all 250 of his sexual assault counts to be served at once, so he can get out in 2 years. :messenger_dizzy:

• LOL
Reactions: StormCell