• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Every carpark on the planet, with coloured bays, has skid marks.
I think the whole thing perfectly illustrates the entitled nature of some activists and shows just how far authorities might be willing to go to appease them.

It would be one thing if they erected a statue or painted a mural on a wall or did some other thing on private property.
I think you could be genuinely upset if it was vandalized. There's good chance it would be because of bigotry too.

Not here though.
They decided to paint on the goddamn road and then moan when it gets some tire marks on it.
You could almost believe they deliberately choose to paint on public roads, especially at crossings, knowing that they could then claim "hate crime" when the painting inevitably gets fucked up.

That the cops would even want to look into this is just a massive waste of time and, in my opinion, overreach.

Think of all the possible crimes one could commit related to driving.
Where does "someone painted a rainbow on the road, which isn't even like official road marking, and you got a tire mark on it" fit in there?

This is the world we live in now, I guess.

Then you've got the useful idiots who will run with the story anyway.
Like, even if this was done 100% intentionally. So what?
It's the equivalent of kicking over a sandcastle or knocking down a snowman.
Asshole behavior, sure, but that's all.

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
Sometimes I think the need for a clickbait headline really undermines what could be a valid point of view.

If you looked a life expectancy in poor communities there may be, and probably is, some connection to sleep deprivation.
The guy working 2 jobs to support a family probably isn't sleeping much.
The single mother trying to earn a wage and raise one or two or three kids is probably having more than her share of sleepless nights.
Some rich prick sleeping in a quite neighborhood in a fancy bed is probably doing better sleepwise than poorer people.

So there MIGHT be something in it.

How do these clowns present it though?
"Addressing Systemic Racism In Sleep".

So we're talking about working people trying to make ends meet and getting less sleep, right?
Poor people just not having good access to luxuries and generally living more stressful lives, yeah?
Then in a USA context this has a racial element due to disproportionate levels of wealth etc in black communities, yes?

Well. No.

“We are having to go out in the streets during a pandemic, expending our energy in really huge amounts in order to ask for reparations and rest and energy. It is a … double edged sword to navigate as an activist or organizer," Sosa said. “You are putting your body on the line to reclaim it. That creates a lot of burnout. We have people who are 20, 21, they are burnt out. They need time off. They need not only to sleep, but to know their people are going to be ok, to know they're going to be ok, to know they can take a break.”

Fucksakes.

V4skunk

Nov 20, 2018
Much peace
Very tolerance
They are the communist scum! In Britain they are starting to be labelled paedophiles by the masses. People are waking up to their agenda!
The only bad thing is one day some of these leftists will get caught out at a protest / riot and get killed for being paedos (teaching 5/6 years olds about sex/lgbt).

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005

Welcome to the London Borough of Hackney:

Edit: seems the vid is a few years old (2017). The guy was protesting against calls to close a controversial art gallery.

Honestly thought it was from this year (wouldn't be shocked if it was).
Did we ever consider the Nazi salute is just a foreshadowing of a bunch of right handed bitches holding up their phones to live stream their virtue?

Last edited:

Greedings

May 23, 2016
I love how these "cancel deniers" always talk about people in power. In one way they're right, powerful people can't really get cancelled.

But, that's a tiny part of cancel culture. The major problem is people with no power, who say something off-key or not well thought out and lose their job. Or people who say something contrary to the prevailing opinion and get fired.

That's cancel culture. That's what's scary.

Gashtronomy

Apr 19, 2019
I love how these "cancel deniers" always talk about people in power. In one way they're right, powerful people can't really get cancelled.

But, that's a tiny part of cancel culture. The major problem is people with no power, who say something off-key or not well thought out and lose their job. Or people who say something contrary to the prevailing opinion and get fired.

That's cancel culture. That's what's scary.
They can keep cancelling those with no power because they give them power by cancelling them.

Then, soon enough, there will be a pool of cancelled people with a grudge, a lot of power and an enemy.

Reactions: cryptoadam

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
This seems like an early step on a slippery slope. I can already see some of the transitional points between here and the endgame:

-Childhood is a social construction
-consent is culturally conditioned
-not giving consent is also culturally conditioned
-the concept of withholding consent is bound up with the concept of free will, which is bound up with traditional notions of white supremacy and capitalism
-non-consentual-normativity leads to colonialism, racism and genocide
-therefore they must be allowed to give consent
-at the next stage it is not consent but a right
-the next stage is a demand
- in the final stage they drop all pretense of right or justice and take what they want by force

This is exactly the strategy that they have used with every other issue. Stop them before they start.

BigDeadFreak

Neo Member
Jul 7, 2018
I have my issues with feminism, but allowing bio men who self-identity as women to support female rape victims is just wrong. It's a symptom of a sick society where ideology is more important than reality.
Oh, I completely agree. I was just making the point that a lot of this demented stuff comes from feminism in the first place.

Reactions: Breakage

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Hopefully the Census Cowboy brought his repeater and plenty of ammo, cause there's some bad hombres on the south side that don't take too kindly to strangers.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
These are f'ing great.

I found the cartoon on James Lindsays [who in addition to being a sane mind about intersectionalism is a math phd] on twitter... he's been shredding it [and ideas like it regarding math]. If you have twitter, you should send him these.

This is his:

This is the tweet i got it from, but he's been talking about this for like 2 days of tweets...

Someone with twitter should send him these.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: MetalAlien

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
These are f'ing great.

I found the cartoon on James Lindsays [who in addition to being a sane mind about intersectionalism is a math phd] on twitter... he's been shredding it [and ideas like it regarding math]. If you have twitter, you should send him these.

This is his:

This is the tweet i got it from, but he's been talking about this for like 2 days of tweets...

Someone with twitter should send him these.
lol here's another

• LOL
Reactions: MetalAlien