• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Brits can't seem to stop calling things “racist”. :

Tesco apologises as mum expresses her disgust at 'racist' T-shirt which features a black mermaid with 'too fluffy' hair
  • Katie Wells, from Dover, Kent, found T-shirt in Whitfield branch of supermarket
  • Expressed disgust after garment described black mermaid's hair as 'too fluffy'
  • Tesco apologised and said they won't be purchasing any more orders of product
A mother-of-two was left horrified after finding a T-shirt in Tesco which described a black mermaid's hair as 'too fluffy' while out shopping with her children on Friday.

Katie Wells, from Dover, Kent, told how the T-shirt, which was on sale at the Whitfield branch, featured a snap of the mermaid from popular children's book 'That's Not My Mermaid,' alongside a caption which read: 'her hair is too fluffy'.

'We were walking down the main middle aisle and we saw the set from a distance,' said Katie, speaking to Kent Live. 'I got excited because diversity in clothing is particularly rare.

'I read the text on the shirt and was really shocked. It's not something any child should read on a t-shirt, and it perpetuates a stereotype - it's racism.

The book, which is written by Fiona Watt and illustrated by Rachel Wells, is on sale via Amazon and is in bookshops - and Tesco has since apologised and vowed never to buy the design again.

It is part of Usbourne's 'touchy-feely' book range, where children can run their fingers along some of the mermaids' features, in this instance, her hair.

Taking to Twitter, one person penned: 'I know it's based on a book but is this really something your company should be selling especially during this current time please tell us what's wrong with fluffy hair.'

A second added: 'Please explain what's wrong with the BLACK mermaid's fluffy hair??'

Katie told the publication: 'Tesco needs to do better. They clearly need to diversify their purchasing team and be aware of this.

'It is not a new issue, especially with all that has been in the media recently, ignorance is not an excuse anymore. It makes me feel so sad and angry that this is how black children are growing up.

'All children deserve to see themselves in children's clothing, books and toys so that they know they are valued and celebrated. Bigger retailers like Tesco have the power to make these things happen, so why aren't they?

'It is not acceptable and I would like them to remove this T-shirt from sale in all of their stores.'

A Tesco spokesperson told FEMAIL: 'We remain absolutely committed to ensuring that Tesco is a place where everybody is welcome and apologise for any offence caused. We will not be purchasing any more orders of this product.'

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Brits can't seem to stop calling things “racist”. :

Tesco apologises as mum expresses her disgust at 'racist' T-shirt which features a black mermaid with 'too fluffy' hair
  • Katie Wells, from Dover, Kent, found T-shirt in Whitfield branch of supermarket
  • Expressed disgust after garment described black mermaid's hair as 'too fluffy'
  • Tesco apologised and said they won't be purchasing any more orders of product
A mother-of-two was left horrified after finding a T-shirt in Tesco which described a black mermaid's hair as 'too fluffy' while out shopping with her children on Friday.

Katie Wells, from Dover, Kent, told how the T-shirt, which was on sale at the Whitfield branch, featured a snap of the mermaid from popular children's book 'That's Not My Mermaid,' alongside a caption which read: 'her hair is too fluffy'.

'We were walking down the main middle aisle and we saw the set from a distance,' said Katie, speaking to Kent Live. 'I got excited because diversity in clothing is particularly rare.

'I read the text on the shirt and was really shocked. It's not something any child should read on a t-shirt, and it perpetuates a stereotype - it's racism.

The book, which is written by Fiona Watt and illustrated by Rachel Wells, is on sale via Amazon and is in bookshops - and Tesco has since apologised and vowed never to buy the design again.

It is part of Usbourne's 'touchy-feely' book range, where children can run their fingers along some of the mermaids' features, in this instance, her hair.

Taking to Twitter, one person penned: 'I know it's based on a book but is this really something your company should be selling especially during this current time please tell us what's wrong with fluffy hair.'

A second added: 'Please explain what's wrong with the BLACK mermaid's fluffy hair??'

Katie told the publication: 'Tesco needs to do better. They clearly need to diversify their purchasing team and be aware of this.

'It is not a new issue, especially with all that has been in the media recently, ignorance is not an excuse anymore. It makes me feel so sad and angry that this is how black children are growing up.

'All children deserve to see themselves in children's clothing, books and toys so that they know they are valued and celebrated. Bigger retailers like Tesco have the power to make these things happen, so why aren't they?

'It is not acceptable and I would like them to remove this T-shirt from sale in all of their stores.'

A Tesco spokesperson told FEMAIL: 'We remain absolutely committed to ensuring that Tesco is a place where everybody is welcome and apologise for any offence caused. We will not be purchasing any more orders of this product.'

Big mistake by Fiona. She should of made the mermaid white and would of avoided these problems. But she went full diverse and thought she was being a good ally. Looks like the snake eats its tail and your virtue signaling doesn't work. Fiona and Usbourne made a fatal mistake, they didn't have enough cancel capital before making the shirt. They should of tried to cancel someone else or put a anti-DRUMPF message in their shirt of books to shield them. Ryan Long explains it

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Man has shown a middle finger to a traffic camera. Now he has to pay a 1500€ fine and is forbidden from driving for one month. The fuck is this shit, Germany?

That's not what happened according to the article in german.

It wasn't just a solitary traffic camera. There were officers on scene and he put the middle finger towards THEM.

So, yeah. IMO, deserved. He acted like an idiot.

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
The same thing happened to a woman I work with. She started out absolutely beautiful. Then she went to a music festival and came back a vegan. She died her hair 3 different colours, lost loads of weight, looks massively depressed all the time and went from a 9 to barely a 7. It's sad to see as she really doesn't seem happy.

Incidentally, she told me that when she was at university she was one of the people going round on campus telling people their jokes were racist.

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
Funny thing is, at the end of their ideology you will still have the equivalent to billionaires. People that are more *equal* than others meaning they actually get plenty of good food while everyone else equally starves to death.

But its TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUYS.

Also the kind of role people like AOC will only be too happy to take.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Sep 29, 2013
Bohemia

It wasn't just a solitary traffic camera. There were officers on scene and he put the middle finger towards THEM.

I know, it is still retarded and vindictive. Showing a middle finger to the police officer should never be considered a crime, it is rude for sure but not a crime.

Last edited:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018

Is that illegal in Germany? You can't just walk up to a cop and oink?

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Imagine being this guy:

My girlfriend has slept with 100 men – I’m worried about fidelity
You know her cravings come from the loss of her father, says Mariella Frostrup. But understanding what you want from this relationship must be your priority

The dilemma My partner’s relationships with other men is concerning me. She has admitted to sleeping with close to 100 men in the past, many for personal gain – including cash, gifts and holidays. I was shell-shocked, not so much that she participated, but that she confessed so blatantly. I also know that she has flirted with married men, enjoying dinner and sharing a hotel bed with one of them.

To me it appears that as a woman who was abandoned by her father at a young age, she struggles to say no to men. She went on holiday with a female friend and came back with a new man’s number in her phone whom she messaged frequently, and said I was being silly when I asked about him. She has no qualms about telling me that her male colleagues look at her in a way that suggests they’re interested in her. She appears to thirst for this attention, perhaps subconsciously.

Her reaction to my concerns is normally anger and so I avoid these topics, although inside me it is grating. I love her and have cut all ties with past flames, so she has nothing to worry about in terms of my faithfulness, but this is not reciprocated. Do I have it out with her, or shrug and accept that this is who she is?

The opening paragraph from the Guardian's agony aunt's reply is an example of the cultural obsession with being non-judgmental:

Mariella replies Where to begin? Certainly not with a headcount of past lovers, which means little or nothing and certainly has no real bearing on your current predicament. If you’re judging a partner by the number of people they’ve slept with, then your priorities are seriously questionable. Then again, I’m not impressed by the transactional nature of some of her past choices either. The question you should be asking is what this woman is looking for, and do you have the strength, courage or, indeed, desire to help her find it.

She seems to need love, not in a clingy way but in a manner that aims to serve an all-consuming hunger for someone to feed her emotional cravings. You tell me a lot about her, but very little about you and why your needs and desires should be so sublimated. What do you want from this relationship? Do you want to be tortured in this way by the desirability and unpredictability of another?

Full response can be found at the jump:

raduque

Mar 29, 2017
Imagine being this guy:

You know her cravings come from the loss of her father, says Mariella Frostrup. But understanding what you want from this relationship must be your priority

The dilemma My partner’s relationships with other men is concerning me. She has admitted to sleeping with close to 100 men in the past, many for personal gain – including cash, gifts and holidays. I was shell-shocked, not so much that she participated, but that she confessed so blatantly. I also know that she has flirted with married men, enjoying dinner and sharing a hotel bed with one of them.

To me it appears that as a woman who was abandoned by her father at a young age, she struggles to say no to men. She went on holiday with a female friend and came back with a new man’s number in her phone whom she messaged frequently, and said I was being silly when I asked about him. She has no qualms about telling me that her male colleagues look at her in a way that suggests they’re interested in her. She appears to thirst for this attention, perhaps subconsciously.

Her reaction to my concerns is normally anger and so I avoid these topics, although inside me it is grating. I love her and have cut all ties with past flames, so she has nothing to worry about in terms of my faithfulness, but this is not reciprocated. Do I have it out with her, or shrug and accept that this is who she is?

The opening paragraph from the Guardian's agony aunt's reply is an example of the cultural obsession with being non-judgmental:

Mariella replies Where to begin? Certainly not with a headcount of past lovers, which means little or nothing and certainly has no real bearing on your current predicament. If you’re judging a partner by the number of people they’ve slept with, then your priorities are seriously questionable. Then again, I’m not impressed by the transactional nature of some of her past choices either. The question you should be asking is what this woman is looking for, and do you have the strength, courage or, indeed, desire to help her find it.

She seems to need love, not in a clingy way but in a manner that aims to serve an all-consuming hunger for someone to feed her emotional cravings. You tell me a lot about her, but very little about you and why your needs and desires should be so sublimated. What do you want from this relationship? Do you want to be tortured in this way by the desirability and unpredictability of another?

Help, my gf used to be a prostitute, is cheating on me and gets pissed when I bring it up, what do?

Answer: stOp SeX shAmINg heR and lET hEr find Daddy.

Last edited:

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
I know, it is still retarded and vindictive. Showing a middle finger to the police officer should never be considered a crime, it is rude for sure but not a crime.
It is.Insulting a police officer is/cam br a crime as it should be.

The alternative is people having zero respect regarding police officers and shit like this has led to many more hariseldon hariseldon ’s world moments than the alternative.

Rather not have a joke police like UK for example.

Edit: BTW: I’m not german, but insulting directly against an officer can get you a fine here as well.

Last edited:

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Imagine being this guy:

Cool. A clearly diagnostically mentally ill woman, caused by her bad experiences during childhood (as in 99.9% of all cases), is presented as normal. I don't know if the case is fictional, but it is very realistic. And because it is realistic, the fact that such people usually have depressive moods and many other very subtle disorders and clinical symptoms is also part of it.

mcz117chief

Sep 29, 2013
Bohemia
It is.Insulting a police officer is/cam br a crime as it should be.

The alternative is people having zero respect regarding police officers and shit like this has led to many more hariseldon hariseldon ’s world moments than the alternative.

Rather not have a joke police like UK for example.

Edit: BTW: I’m not german, but insulting directly against an officer can get you a fine here as well.
How does allowing/disallowing insults against someone rob them of their respect. Cops get insulted all the time, everyone does, it should never be a crime to insult a politician, policeman or any other person.

Reactions: ElectricMonk

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
How does allowing/disallowing insults against someone rob them of their respect. Cops get insulted all the time, everyone does, it should never be a crime to insult a politician, policeman or any other person.
Because it does and it works. It makes officers into pushovers you can treat as garbage while not breaking any *laws". People that should command discipline, order and justice in society.

Guess what? Nobody cares if they just have to stand there and take it.
And what if they don't? The only option you're leaving the officer with when he's had enough is violence or corruption. Good job there.

But most of all again. It works. I already think people lack more and more respect towards officers of the law when I'm talking with my cousin's husband (who's a cop in the city). But when I honestly compare it with the shit I read happening in other countries they're still highly respected where I live. No comparison really. As it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forsythia

Scotty W

Sep 29, 2019
Mariella replies Where to begin? Certainly not with a headcount of past lovers, which means little or nothing and certainly has no real bearing on your current predicament. If you’re judging a partner by the number of people they’ve slept with, then your priorities are seriously questionable. Then again, I’m not impressed by the transactional nature of some of her past choices either.
There is the double standard. Assuming (never wise, but I am going to do it anyway) the agony aunt supports prostitution, she would have to admit that this is just sex and a transaction. So then why is it worse if a woman uses sex for other kinds of transactions: career advancement, gifts, emotional support?

Viewed in this light, as long as she gets something, anything out of sex, it is ok, because sex for a transaction is ok. The logic is totalitarian, because there is nothing that can gainsay it.

Given this, let’s look at men. If women can use sex for a transaction, why cannot a man participate in a transaction? After all, it is nonsense to think that women have their own sexual transaction economy and men have no part in it.

So what might a man might hope to transact for? What about feeding and protecting a woman in exchange for seeing her heirs advanced over a man’s illegitimate offspring? Or a luxurious life in a harem? Or what about pursuing authenticity as your looks fade exchanging sex with various partners for access to higher rungs on the social ladder?

Or what if a man wanted to exchange complete fidelity for complete fidelity?

mcz117chief

Sep 29, 2013
Bohemia
Because it does and it works. It makes officers into pushovers you can treat as garbage while not breaking any *laws". People that should command discipline, order and justice in society.

Guess what? Nobody cares if they just have to stand there and take it.
And what if they don't? The only option you're leaving the officer with when he's had enough is violence or corruption. Good job there.

But most of all again. It works. I already think people lack more and more respect towards officers of the law when I'm talking with my cousin's husband (who's a cop in the city). But when I honestly compare it with the shit I read happening in other countries they're still highly respected where I live. No comparison really. As it should be.
I just can't agree with this position. Making it so you have to fear police officers because you can't do anything to them just makes them a tool of tyranny once somebody decides to use them for the wrong reasons. Gaining respect through fear is just bad.

Reactions: autoduelist

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
jfc the lyrics alone deserve a post here

Whores in this house
There's some whores in this house
There's some whores in this house (Hold up)

I said certified freak, seven days a week
Wet-ass pussy, make that pullout game weak, woo (Ah)

[Chorus: Cardi B]
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, you fuckin' with some wet-ass pussy
Bring a bucket and a mop for this wet-ass pussy
Give me everything you got for this wet-ass pussy

[Verse 1: Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion]
Beat it up, nigga, catch a charge
Extra large and extra hard
Put this pussy right in your face
Swipe your nose like a credit card
Hop on top, I wanna ride
I do a kegel while it's inside
Spit in my mouth, look in my eyes
This pussy is wet, come take a dive
Tie me up like I'm surprised
Let's roleplay, I'll wear a disguise
I want you to park that big Mack truck right in this little garage
Make it cream, make me scream
Out in public, make a scene
I don't cook, I don't clean
But let me tell you how I got this ring (Ayy, ayy)

[Verse 2: Megan Thee Stallion]
Gobble me, swallow me, drip down the side of me (Yeah)
Quick, jump out 'fore you let it get inside of me (Yeah)
I tell him where to put it, never tell him where I'm 'bout to be (Huh)
I'll run down on him 'fore I have a nigga runnin' me (Pow, pow, pow)
Talk your shit, bite your lip (Yeah)
Ask for a car while you ride that dick (While you ride that dick)
You really ain't never gotta fuck him for a thing (Yeah)
He already made his mind up 'fore he came (Ayy, ah)
Now get your boots and your coat for this wet-ass pussy (Ah, ah, ah)
He bought a phone just for pictures of this wet-ass pussy (Click, click, click)
Pay my tuition just to kiss me on this wet-ass pussy (Mwah, mwah, mwah)
Now make it rain if you wanna see some wet-ass pussy (Yeah, yeah)

[Verse 3: Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion]
Look, I need a hard hitter, need a deep stroker
Need a Henny drinker, need a weed smoker
Not a garter snake, I need a king cobra
With a hook in it, hope it lean over
He got some money, then that's where I'm headed
Pussy A1 just like his credit
He got a beard, well, I'm tryna wet it
I let him taste it, now he diabetic
I don't wanna spit, I wanna gulp
I wanna gag, I wanna choke
I want you to touch that lil' dangly thing that swing in the back of my throat
My head game is fire, punani Dasani
It's goin' in dry and it's comin' out soggy
I ride on that thing like the cops is behind me (Yeah, ah)
I spit on his mic and now he tryna sign me, woo

[Verse 4: Megan Thee Stallion]
Your honor, I'm a freak bitch, handcuffs, leashes
Switch my wig, make him feel like he cheatin'
Put him on his knees, give him somethin' to believe in
Never lost a fight, but I'm lookin' for a beatin'
In the food chain, I'm the one that eat ya
If he ate my ass, he's a bottom-feeder
Big D stand for big demeanor
I could make ya bust before I ever meet ya
If it don't hang, then he can't bang
You can't hurt my feelings, but I like pain
If he fuck me and ask "Whose is it?"
When I ride the dick, I'ma spell my name, ah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Now from the top, make it drop, that's some wet-ass pussy
Now get a bucket and a mop, that's some wet-ass pussy
I'm talkin' wap, wap, wap, that's some wet-ass pussy
Macaroni in a pot, that's some wet-ass pussy, huh

[Outro: Frank Ski]

Meanwhile, I've been listening to the Twin Peaks Soundtrack, has oldies like this on there

I love how your eyes close whenever you kiss me
And when I'm away from you I love how you miss me
I love the way you always treat me tenderly
But, darling, most of all I love how you love me
(Love how you love me)
I love how your heart beats whenever I hold you
I love how you think of me without being told to
I love the way your touch is always heavenly
(Love how you love me)
(Love how you love me)
I love how you hug me (love how you hug me)
I love how you squeeze me, tease me, please me
Love, how you love me
I love how you love me

What the fuck happened to us

Last edited:

Teslerum

Nov 29, 2018
I just can't agree with this position. Making it so you have to fear police officers because you can't do anything to them just makes them a tool of tyranny once somebody decides to use them for the wrong reasons. Gaining respect through fear is just bad.
Consequences for people is not respect through fear.
(Especially considering we're talking a fine here. Nobody's bashing anyone's head in.)

In your argument the whole justice system or really any kind of law that has consequences would automatically be respect through fear. Society needs to respect police officers, so that police officers can protect that law in the first place with any amount of worth. You're not allowing that by letting people trample all over them. Just like, for example, the teacher in school who lets the kids trample all over him has zero respect from the kids, his colleagues or the parents.

Last edited:

Boswollocks

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2019
Mars
That song is fucking awful and disgusting. I'm not a prude, I'm a big fan of wet pussy, but to have those lyrics in "music" just cheapens the whole art.

Anyway, he's some racism.

Whenever I hear the phrases "our community" and "our people" I'm always reminded of

"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer"

Now, I'm not drawing links to nazi Germany because there aren't any and I'm sick of hearing about the Nazis. But in this case, the same rhetorical devices are used to really drum home the divide.

There are a few things you need in order to create a cult or religion:

A symbol (black power fist)
A common enemy (white supremecy)
A uniform (hasn't happened yet)
Common language/buzz words (our community, our people, nazi, white supremecy)
A goal of power ('equality')

Now aside from the jovial nature of this thread, the antifa/BLM thing is interesting because a group, cult or movement is being created in front of our very eyes. Possibly funded by the modern day religion of corporatism.

Clowning times ahead, I have no doubt

Bonus round:

What's the difference between saying nigger (this could be nigga or n*gga) or the N-word? We all know what the N word means, so why is it not just as bad to even reference the 'n word'?

Take for example, if I walked up to a gentleman of the African persuasion and called him an N-Word vs calling him a N****r? (self censored the second time as the point has been made)

Last edited:

Somnium

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2016
art-of-vlad.com
jfc the lyrics alone deserve a post here

Whores in this house
There's some whores in this house (Hold up)

I said certified freak, seven days a week
Wet-ass pussy, make that pullout game weak, woo (Ah)

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

[Verse 1: Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion]
Beat it up, nigga, catch a charge
Extra large and extra hard
Put this pussy right in your face
Swipe your nose like a credit card
Hop on top, I wanna ride
I do a kegel while it's inside
Spit in my mouth, look in my eyes
This pussy is wet, come take a dive
Tie me up like I'm surprised
Let's roleplay, I'll wear a disguise
I want you to park that big Mack truck right in this little garage
Make it cream, make me scream
Out in public, make a scene
I don't cook, I don't clean
But let me tell you how I got this ring (Ayy, ayy)

[Verse 2: Megan Thee Stallion]
Gobble me, swallow me, drip down the side of me (Yeah)
Quick, jump out 'fore you let it get inside of me (Yeah)
I tell him where to put it, never tell him where I'm 'bout to be (Huh)
I'll run down on him 'fore I have a nigga runnin' me (Pow, pow, pow)
Talk your shit, bite your lip (Yeah)
Ask for a car while you ride that dick (While you ride that dick)
You really ain't never gotta fuck him for a thing (Yeah)
He already made his mind up 'fore he came (Ayy, ah)
Now get your boots and your coat for this wet-ass pussy (Ah, ah, ah)
He bought a phone just for pictures of this wet-ass pussy (Click, click, click)
Pay my tuition just to kiss me on this wet-ass pussy (Mwah, mwah, mwah)
Now make it rain if you wanna see some wet-ass pussy (Yeah, yeah)

[Verse 3: Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion]
Look, I need a hard hitter, need a deep stroker
Need a Henny drinker, need a weed smoker
Not a garter snake, I need a king cobra
With a hook in it, hope it lean over
He got some money, then that's where I'm headed
Pussy A1 just like his credit
He got a beard, well, I'm tryna wet it
I let him taste it, now he diabetic
I don't wanna spit, I wanna gulp
I wanna gag, I wanna choke
I want you to touch that lil' dangly thing that swing in the back of my throat
My head game is fire, punani Dasani
It's goin' in dry and it's comin' out soggy
I ride on that thing like the cops is behind me (Yeah, ah)
I spit on his mic and now he tryna sign me, woo

[Verse 4: Megan Thee Stallion]
Your honor, I'm a freak bitch, handcuffs, leashes
Switch my wig, make him feel like he cheatin'
Put him on his knees, give him somethin' to believe in
Never lost a fight, but I'm lookin' for a beatin'
In the food chain, I'm the one that eat ya
If he ate my ass, he's a bottom-feeder
Big D stand for big demeanor
I could make ya bust before I ever meet ya
If it don't hang, then he can't bang
You can't hurt my feelings, but I like pain
If he fuck me and ask "Whose is it?"
When I ride the dick, I'ma spell my name, ah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Now from the top, make it drop, that's some wet-ass pussy
Now get a bucket and a mop, that's some wet-ass pussy
I'm talkin' wap, wap, wap, that's some wet-ass pussy
Macaroni in a pot, that's some wet-ass pussy, huh

[Outro: Frank Ski]

Meanwhile, I've been listening to the Twin Peaks Soundtrack, has oldies like this on there

I love the way you always treat me tenderly
(Love how you love me)
I love how your heart beats whenever I hold you
I love how you think of me without being told to
(Love how you love me)
(Love how you love me)
I love how you hug me (love how you hug me)
I love how you squeeze me, tease me, please me
Love, how you love me
I love how you love me

What the fuck happened to us