• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Ionian

Apr 25, 2013
96 acres, 19 families?

Sounds like a setup for a reality show or horror film.

I prefer the latter.

96 acres is nothing.

Reactions: Forsythia

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Woman glued up her own vagina in attempt to frame ex-boyfriend for crime
Vanesa Gesto accused former boyfriend Ivan Rico of kidnapping her outside her home and later abandoning her while semi-naked in the town of Bembimbre, near Leon in Spain

A woman who glued up her own vagina in a desperate bit to try and frame her ex for the crime has been sentenced to 10 years in prison. Vanesa Gesto accused former boyfriend Ivan Rico of kidnapping her outside her home and later abandoning her while semi-naked after squeezing the superglue into her private parts.

Her story began to unravel when investigators uncovered CCTV footage from a Chinese-run supermarket showing Gesto buying the glue and a ‘kidnap kit’ including knives she used to harm herself. Police also discovered the only vehicle filmed passing the spot where she claimed to have been assaulted and then tortured was a council bin lorry - not the black car she said she had been abducted in.

Rico, 36, spent several days on remand in prison before the shameful attempts by Gesto, who was dubbed the ‘Glue Liar’ in Spain where the crime took place, became apparent.

A court in the northern Spanish city of Leon convicted her of two counts of making up a crime and jailed her for 10 years.
She was also ordered to pay her ex 25,000 Euros (about £22,250) in compensation in a written sentence released this week after a trial earlier this year at Leon’s Provincial Court. State prosecutors had demanded an 11 year, eight month prison sentence.

nkarafo

Nov 30, 2012

Woman glued up her own vagina in attempt to frame ex-boyfriend for crime
Vanesa Gesto accused former boyfriend Ivan Rico of kidnapping her outside her home and later abandoning her while semi-naked in the town of Bembimbre, near Leon in Spain

A woman who glued up her own vagina in a desperate bit to try and frame her ex for the crime has been sentenced to 10 years in prison. Vanesa Gesto accused former boyfriend Ivan Rico of kidnapping her outside her home and later abandoning her while semi-naked after squeezing the superglue into her private parts.

Her story began to unravel when investigators uncovered CCTV footage from a Chinese-run supermarket showing Gesto buying the glue and a ‘kidnap kit’ including knives she used to harm herself. Police also discovered the only vehicle filmed passing the spot where she claimed to have been assaulted and then tortured was a council bin lorry - not the black car she said she had been abducted in.

Rico, 36, spent several days on remand in prison before the shameful attempts by Gesto, who was dubbed the ‘Glue Liar’ in Spain where the crime took place, became apparent.

A court in the northern Spanish city of Leon convicted her of two counts of making up a crime and jailed her for 10 years.
She was also ordered to pay her ex 25,000 Euros (about £22,250) in compensation in a written sentence released this week after a trial earlier this year at Leon’s Provincial Court. State prosecutors had demanded an 11 year, eight month prison sentence.

believe women

Saruhashi

Oct 2, 2018
How high does the mental illness go?..

This kind of rhetoric never really made much sense to me.
IF the world is a male-dominated patriarchy then surely you have to weigh up both the good and the bad?
Why is the assumption that if we changed everything then we would lose all of the bad but somehow retain all of the good?

I think anyone could agree that our world and our cultures are not perfect. That's fine. No argument there.
How does it follow that if we just tear up the foundations then somehow this solves all the problems?
Solves which problems and at what cost?

You'd need to take stock and say OK what did we gain from a patriarchal society and what are the real problem areas.
Then you'd need to establish that it was indeed the male dominated nature of the world that caused the problems.
Then you'd need to show how overturning the patriarchal structure would fix the problems and keep the gains and also not create new problems.

I almost feel like in the end you are kind of arguing with evolution in a lot of ways.
Why are things the way they are? Because that's the way they are?
What if humans navigated the world using echolocation instead of sight and hearing etc?
Wouldn't that be a better world? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it even a worthwhile discussion?

I get the desire to make the world a better place. Of course we should always strive to improve.
I'm not convinced that blaming something as nebulous as "Patriarchy" and shouting "we need to get rid of it" is a viable approach.

Let's say it were possible to say tomorrow "OK every politician in the West will be a woman from here on and every manager and CEO etc in the business world will be a woman". What would tangibly change about our cultures and societies?

Surely every person who has grown to adulthood has learned that women, just like men, are not exactly these perfect and flawless beings.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Of course the physically superior young black men had to beat the old man up! Simply walking away isn't an option these days:

Shocking moment racist pensioner is beaten up on a London bus by two black passengers after calling them 'monkeys'
  • The pensioner calls black passengers 'monkeys' in the clip from a London bus
  • Two passengers exchange angry words with the pensioner during confrontation
  • They tell him to 'get off the bus' and the pensioner eventually swings at them
  • In response, two young men punch the pensioner several times in the head
This is the shocking moment a racist pensioner is beaten up by two black passengers after he called them 'monkeys' on a bus in north London yesterday.
The confrontation took place on a street around Edgware at around 6pm yesterday.

In the footage, the pensioner is accused of calling the black passengers 'monkeys' to which he replies: 'Yes you're a monkey'.

Other passengers stand between the arguing parties and try to defuse the situation, while encouraging the two black commuters to leave the bus.

They do, but more angry words are exchanged before the pensioner jumps to his feet and appears to swing at the black passengers.

He is then punched several times, leaving him with a black eye and a bump on his head.

Full story and video at the jump:

Ionian

Apr 25, 2013
Of course the physically superior young black men had to beat the old man up! Simply walking away isn't an option these days:

Shocking moment racist pensioner is beaten up on a London bus by two black passengers after calling them 'monkeys'
  • They tell him to 'get off the bus' and the pensioner eventually swings at them
This is the shocking moment a racist pensioner is beaten up by two black passengers after he called them 'monkeys' on a bus in north London yesterday.
The confrontation took place on a street around Edgware at around 6pm yesterday.

In the footage, the pensioner is accused of calling the black passengers 'monkeys' to which he replies: 'Yes you're a monkey'.

Other passengers stand between the arguing parties and try to defuse the situation, while encouraging the two black commuters to leave the bus.

They do, but more angry words are exchanged before the pensioner jumps to his feet and appears to swing at the black passengers.

He is then punched several times, leaving him with a black eye and a bump on his head.

In fairness that dumb fuck brought it on himself. No sympathy for him.

Reactions: TeezzyD

Ionian

Apr 25, 2013
Sticks and stones. Those guys should have walked away instead of resorting to violence. Now people who read about this will call them animals.

He punched first after calling them monkeys.

Dude deserved it 100%. He was the one attacking them.

He was lucky that was all he got.

Edit: Learn to read up on things, kinda helps when making judgement.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoLed and TeezzyD

MetalAlien

Mar 6, 2005
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!

PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME!

Reactions: Bullet Club

Ionian

Apr 25, 2013
FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE! FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!

PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME! PLEASE FUCK ME!
It's the Inception of posts.

• LOL
Reactions: MetalAlien

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018

That bloke's an idiot. Maybe the better thing would have been for the black guys to walk away but if you going around shouting abuse at people you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences. As we used to say at school, don't get lairy if you balls 'aint hairy.

I've got no sympathy for the old man.

Reactions: farmerboy

Schrödinger's cat

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2011
My line-in-the-sand is always "Who escalated it from verbal to physical?"
After that the dynamic changes from "words being responded to with physical violence" into "physical actions being responded to with physical violence".

Senior citizen escalated it.

I still don't agree with violence - there can be alternative responses - but senior citizen opened that door. It's on him.

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
This kind of rhetoric never really made much sense to me.
IF the world is a male-dominated patriarchy then surely you have to weigh up both the good and the bad?
Why is the assumption that if we changed everything then we would lose all of the bad but somehow retain all of the good?

I think anyone could agree that our world and our cultures are not perfect. That's fine. No argument there.
How does it follow that if we just tear up the foundations then somehow this solves all the problems?
Solves which problems and at what cost?

You'd need to take stock and say OK what did we gain from a patriarchal society and what are the real problem areas.
Then you'd need to establish that it was indeed the male dominated nature of the world that caused the problems.
Then you'd need to show how overturning the patriarchal structure would fix the problems and keep the gains and also not create new problems.

I almost feel like in the end you are kind of arguing with evolution in a lot of ways.
Why are things the way they are? Because that's the way they are?
What if humans navigated the world using echolocation instead of sight and hearing etc?
Wouldn't that be a better world? Maybe. Maybe not. Is it even a worthwhile discussion?

I get the desire to make the world a better place. Of course we should always strive to improve.
I'm not convinced that blaming something as nebulous as "Patriarchy" and shouting "we need to get rid of it" is a viable approach.

Let's say it were possible to say tomorrow "OK every politician in the West will be a woman from here on and every manager and CEO etc in the business world will be a woman". What would tangibly change about our cultures and societies?

Surely every person who has grown to adulthood has learned that women, just like men, are not exactly these perfect and flawless beings.
People on the left have convinced themselves that it is only whiteness and masculinity that can be toxic. Anything bad that women or POC do is just a result of living in the terrible world that we have created. Thus, if we smash the patriarchy and overthrow white supremacy we will keep all of the good, lose all of the bad and replace it with something universally better.

For example, look at the pathetic defense that a lot of feminists have come up with for Karen type behaviour. Some white women lies about being attacked by a black man and rather than take responsibility, white feminists twist the whole situation to blame it all on white men.

Basically, women and POC have no agency when they do something bad but get all the credit when they do something good.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
That bloke's an idiot. Maybe the better thing would have been for the black guys to walk away but if you going around shouting abuse at people you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences. As we used to say at school, don't get lairy if you balls 'aint hairy.

Yes, the old man was wrong to say what he said, but responding by punching him in head is not the way to deal with it. They could have easily killed the man – a single punch in the wrong place can be fatal. England's police officers, ambulance workers, nurses, mental health workers, etc. often have to deal with unpleasant comments, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, yet they are able to remain composed.

Are these black men so mentally fragile that a few comments from a physically weaker old man is enough to make them lose control? What have they accomplished apart from getting an ego boost from beating up a weaker person in front of an audience?
The more we accept this kind of violent response to unpleasant comments, the more uncivilised we become as a society. They could have laughed it off and got on with their day. Instead they were prepared to put the man in hospital or worse. That's concerning.

Last edited:

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018

Bombchelle

Neo Member
Mar 7, 2019
Yes, the old man was wrong to say what he said, but responding by punching him in head is not the way to deal with it. They could have easily killed the man – a single punch in the wrong place can be fatal. England's police officers, ambulance workers, nurses, mental health workers, etc. often have to deal with unpleasant comments, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, yet they are able to remain composed.

Are these black men so mentally fragile that a few comments from a physically weaker old man is enough to make them lose control? What have they accomplished apart from getting an ego boost from beating up a weaker person in front of an audience?
The more we accept this kind of violent response to unpleasant comments, the more uncivilised we become as a society. They could have laughed it off and got on with their day. Instead they were prepared to put the man in hospital or worse. That's concerning.
This is it. 2 young men beat up an elderly senile man to prove a point. Yeah, they proved a point alright.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk