• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Money in Britain will soon feature diversity propaganda:

New 50p coin celebrating diversity in Britain enters circulation next week

The coin is a part of a plan to feature a wider range of people from different backgrounds on coins and notes.

Around two-and-a-half million coins celebrating the contributions ethnic minority communities have made to the UK will enter circulation on Monday.

The coins will feature the words "Diversity built Britain", along with a geodome representing connection and strength.

The Treasury says that the new coins show the intent of the Royal Mint and Chancellor Rishi Sunak to feature a wider range of people on coins and notes in the future.

Dominique Evans previously designed coins marking VE Day and the sapphire anniversary of the Queen's coronation, and came up with the new 50p using her experiences of growing up as a mixed-race woman as inspiration.
She said: "When designing this coin, I began by thinking about the people who inspire me and what diversity has meant in my life. I believe that no matter where you are born, we all belong under the same sky and this was the starting point of the design.

"The background of the coin features a geodome with a series of interconnecting lines and triangles that form a network. Each part is equal, and symbolises a community of connection and strength."

The coin was commissioned by Mr Sunak after discussions with the We Too Built Britain campaign, which supports fair representation of the contributions of ethnic minority communities.

He said: "I have seen first-hand the contribution made by ethnic minority communities to Britain's history.
"This coin, and the rest of the series, will act as a fitting tribute to the very profound impact ethnic minority communities have made on Britain, and I am grateful to the Royal Mint for turning this around at record speed."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson congratulated Ms Evans, saying: "Her design is the first in a series of coins the Mint will be producing, celebrating those who have helped shape our national history and culture."

The government plans to consult with We Too Built Britain and other groups representing ethnic minority communities on the themes of future coins in the series.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Stevie Nicks Says We Wouldn't Have Fleetwood Mac Without Her Abortion
"There's just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly."

Abortion rights have again become a top hot-button issue in this year's presidential election, especially as the vacant Supreme Court seat once occupied by the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg becomes a battleground for the future of Roe v. Wade.

The struggle for reproductive justice has been on Stevie Nicks's mind, too, as she revealed in a new interview with The Guardian. Indeed, without the freedom to choose, Nicks said that the world may have never known the musical phenomenon that is Fleetwood Mac.
"Abortion rights, that was really my generation's fight," she told the outlet, going on to criticize President Donald Trump's conservative Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett. "If President Trump wins this election and puts the judge he wants in, she will absolutely outlaw it and push women back into back-alley abortions."

Nicks underwent an abortion 1979, just two years after the band released its epochal Rumours and at the height of their fame. At the time, she was dating Don Henley, the singer from the Eagles.

"If I had not had that abortion, I’m pretty sure there would have been no Fleetwood Mac," she said. "There's just no way that I could have had a child then, working as hard as we worked constantly. And there were a lot of drugs, I was doing a lot of drugs … I would have had to walk away."

She also reflected on the cultural significance of the band, adding, "And I knew that the music we were going to bring to the world was going to heal so many people's hearts and make people so happy. And I thought: you know what? That's really important. There's not another band in the world that has two lead women singers, two lead women writers. That was my world's mission."

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018

The coin is a part of a plan to feature a wider range of people from different backgrounds on coins and notes.

Around two-and-a-half million coins celebrating the contributions ethnic minority communities have made to the UK will enter circulation on Monday.

The coins will feature the words "Diversity built Britain", along with a geodome representing connection and strength.

The Treasury says that the new coins show the intent of the Royal Mint and Chancellor Rishi Sunak to feature a wider range of people on coins and notes in the future.

Dominique Evans previously designed coins marking VE Day and the sapphire anniversary of the Queen's coronation, and came up with the new 50p using her experiences of growing up as a mixed-race woman as inspiration.
She said: "When designing this coin, I began by thinking about the people who inspire me and what diversity has meant in my life. I believe that no matter where you are born, we all belong under the same sky and this was the starting point of the design.

"The background of the coin features a geodome with a series of interconnecting lines and triangles that form a network. Each part is equal, and symbolises a community of connection and strength."

The coin was commissioned by Mr Sunak after discussions with the We Too Built Britain campaign, which supports fair representation of the contributions of ethnic minority communities.

He said: "I have seen first-hand the contribution made by ethnic minority communities to Britain's history.
"This coin, and the rest of the series, will act as a fitting tribute to the very profound impact ethnic minority communities have made on Britain, and I am grateful to the Royal Mint for turning this around at record speed."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson congratulated Ms Evans, saying: "Her design is the first in a series of coins the Mint will be producing, celebrating those who have helped shape our national history and culture."

The government plans to consult with We Too Built Britain and other groups representing ethnic minority communities on the themes of future coins in the series.

The left need to make up their minds whether Britain was built on slavery and racism or inclusion and diversity.

It's the same doublethink with feminist history. One minute women have been oppressed for thousands of years; the next we're told that history is filled with great women who achieved great things we just don't get to hear about them.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
The left need to make up their minds whether Britain was built on slavery and racism or inclusion and diversity.

It's the same doublethink with feminist history. One minute women have been oppressed for thousands of years; the next we're told that history is filled with great women who achieved great things we just don't get to hear about them.
If there's one thing the modern Left doesn't care about, it's being consistent. They will blatantly contradict themselves when it is advantageous.

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars

It pisses me off a lot that after WW2, Britain was rebuilt by mainly Irish and Indian labourers. And yet there's never a single fucking mention, nod or acknowledgement to either group, with the former still being vilified by the British.

The discrimination towards the Irish to this very day is fucking infuriating. I even had to change my surname to give me a better chance of finding higher paid roles (the difference between old name and new is night and day for opportunities). But Chongo Umbongo from Africa, Ali-al Solemn - Alluh Akbar from the middle east and Whorey Mcsloppytits from Essex can cry about 'discrimination' without earning the goddamn right, and they get heaped with praise and an easy life. Yet the Indians, who put up with racism and were pretty chill with it, still get treated worse than those fresh off the boat from Eastern Europe, Middle-east or Africa.

It leaves a real nasty taste in my mouth that our Indian Allies are still treated so poorly.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
It pisses me off a lot that after WW2, Britain was rebuilt by mainly Irish and Indian labourers. And yet there's never a single fucking mention, nod or acknowledgement to either group, with the former still being vilified by the British.

The discrimination towards the Irish to this very day is fucking infuriating. I even had to change my surname to give me a better chance of finding higher paid roles (the difference between old name and new is night and day for opportunities). But Chongo Umbongo from Africa, Ali-al Solemn - Alluh Akbar from the middle east and Whorey Mcsloppytits from Essex can cry about 'discrimination' without earning the goddamn right, and they get heaped with praise and an easy life. Yet the Indians, who put up with racism and were pretty chill with it, still get treated worse than those fresh off the boat from Eastern Europe, Middle-east or Africa.

It leaves a real nasty taste in my mouth that our Indian Allies are still treated so poorly.
Said it before, but I think the “diversity” project is the really the “let's help black people feel better” project. For some reason we are all being encouraged to get on board with this therapy project to improve the self-esteem of one group – or risk being called a racist. I'd be surprised if we see any Indian or Irish figures on future coins and notes that are part of this diversity collection.

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Said it before, but I think the “diversity” project is the really the “let's help black people feel better” project. For some reason we are all being encouraged to get on board with this therapy project to improve the self-esteem of one group – or risk being called a racist. I'd be surprised if we see any Indian or Irish figures on future coins and notes that are part of this diversity collection.
Exactly.

The irony is that by going out of our way to help black people and make a huge song and dance over it (rather than giving the financial support in the deprived areas that need it), is almost like saying "Yeah you are a useless, degenerate bunch of people who need our assistance". Which is hugely racist.

Maybe this is all just a big joke to the super-toffs?

"Percival look, i convinced the commoners that the blacks are a lower-class!"
"By George!, Cecil, you really are a manipulative bastard, and a cracking good-one at that. Golly-gosh, it look's like the hounds have got another fox. Tally-ho! on to the next one"
"Right you are Percival, we'll be home for tea and medals by the stroke of 3 at this rate"

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Exactly.

The irony is that by going out of our way to help black people and make a huge song and dance over it (rather than giving the financial support in the deprived areas that need it), is almost like saying "Yeah you are a useless, degenerate bunch of people who need our assistance". Which is hugely racist.

Maybe this is all just a big joke to the super-toffs?

"Percival look, i convinced the commoners that the blacks are a lower-class!"
"By George!, Cecil, you really are a manipulative bastard, and a cracking good-one at that. Golly-gosh, it look's like the hounds have got another fox. Tally-ho! on to the next one"
"Right you are Percival, we'll be home for tea and medals by the stroke of 3 at this rate"
Perhaps it is a joke and they'll only stop messing around when their own livelihoods come under threat.
These days, I'm less inclined to believe all this stuff is motivated by a deep sense of guilt. Blaming it all on guilt turns all the white liberals pushing diversity, BLM, etc. into victims (we tend to feel sorry for people who are unnecessarily consumed by guilt). But none of the soy latte-sipping white liberal types I see look as if they are delusional victims consumed by guilt.
I feel there's something masochistic about this desire to trash the cultures and histories of white Western countries by “celebrating” black identity.
They seem to derive pleasure from humiliating whites in their own countries by reframing blacks as the superior race.

Last edited:

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Perhaps it is a joke and they'll only stop messing around when their own livelihoods come under threat.
These days, I'm less inclined to believe all this stuff is motivated by a deep sense of guilt. Blaming it all on guilt turns all the white liberals pushing diversity, BLM, etc. into victims (we tend to feel sorry for people who are unnecessarily consumed by guilt). But none of the soy latte-sipping white liberal types I see look as if they are delusional victims consumed by guilt.
I feel there's something masochistic about this desire to trash the cultures and histories of white Western countries by “celebrating” black identity.
They seem to derive pleasure from humiliating whites in their own countries by reframing blacks as the superior race.
It's a strange, strange fetish, which only grows resentment amongst the classes and races, while doing nothing to tackle the genuine issues that different races and communities - including white communities - are facing.

Thinking about it, that's what grips my shit the most; nothing is being done for the people who genuinely need help and those that do get help, are paraded around like kings, while all the other unfortunate people are sitting there like "Where was our money, training and support?" which grows more resentment.

We really, really need to get a solid grasp of what British ideals are, and start celebrating them over any other groups ideologies. Pakistani-British, British-Indian and British-African are all British, so why do we fall over ourselves to point out our differences, rather than celebrate our tea-drinking, lager-swilling stiff-upper-lip ways?

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014

No it fucking didn't, do people seriously not learn basic history of their own country?

We didn't build by diversity, we built by invading, colonising and taking stuff to sell!

What set the British Empire apart was that we didn't take slaves really and generally were willing to work with the places we colonised , it didn't make them British, just like Australia, New Zealand and Canada amoungst others are not British, just commonwealth countries

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
It's a strange, strange fetish, which only grows resentment amongst the classes and races, while doing nothing to tackle the genuine issues that different races and communities - including white communities - are facing.

Thinking about it, that's what grips my shit the most; nothing is being done for the people who genuinely need help and those that do get help, are paraded around like kings, while all the other unfortunate people are sitting there like "Where was our money, training and support?" which grows more resentment.

We really, really need to get a solid grasp of what British ideals are, and start celebrating them over any other groups ideologies. Pakistani-British, British-Indian and British-African are all British, so why do we fall over ourselves to point out our differences, rather than celebrate our tea-drinking, lager-swilling stiff-upper-lip ways?
You know the thing that annoys me, people that claim to be British and still insist on including the something-British

I'm French-English technically, but I don't refer to myself as that

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
Mfw people think they are pure anything.
I mean, sure, the majority of my ethnic makeup comes from bastardized German (paternal grandmother is 100% Pennsylvania Dutch), then Native American to a much less degree (paternal grandfather is 25% Seminole), and my maternal side is 100% pure-blooded Mutt poor white folk.

The only thing it means is that I get to go into into Amish areas and go, "Muh People," while they look at my Florida-man ass awkwardly, yet politely.

PS, no I would never actually do that, but if you guys ever get the chance to visit Amish country I recommend you do it. A Mennonite farmer's market is to fucking die for.

SLoWMoTIoN

Milk Connoisseur
Feb 2, 2018
I mean, sure, the majority of my ethnic makeup comes from bastardized German (paternal grandmother is 100% Pennsylvania Dutch), then Native American to a much less degree (paternal grandfather is 25% Seminole), and my maternal side is 100% pure-blooded Mutt poor white folk.

The only thing it means is that I get to go into into Amish areas and go, "Muh People," while they look at my Florida-man ass awkwardly, yet politely.

PS, no I would never actually do that, but if you guys ever get the chance to visit Amish country I recommend you do it. A Mennonite farmer's market is to fucking die for.
You should run for congress.

• LOL
Reactions: NeoIkaruGAF

crumbs

Jun 7, 2004
Why is rioting OK if "young suburban adults" are the ones trashing sh*t? Doesn't it make it worse that white kids from the suburbs are heading into the cities' minority neighborhoods to riot? Who said that Antifa was exclusively urban?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: autoduelist