• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Militant Islamists 'behead more than 50' in Mozambique

More than 50 people have been beheaded in northern Mozambique by militant Islamists, state media report.

The militants turned a football pitch in a village into an "execution ground", where they decapitated and chopped bodies, other reports said.
Several people were also beheaded in another village, state media reported.
The beheadings are the latest in a series of gruesome attacks that the militants have carried out in gas-rich Cabo Delgado province since 2017.

Up to 2,000 people have been killed and about 430,000 have been left homeless in the conflict in the mainly-Muslim province.
The militants are linked to the Islamic State (IS) group, giving it a foothold in southern Africa.
The group has exploited poverty and unemployment to recruit youth in their fight to establish Islamic rule in the area.
Many locals complain that they have benefited little from the province's ruby and gas industries.
The BBC's Jose Tembe reports from the capital, Maputo, that the latest attack was probably the worst carried out by the militants.

Many people are shocked, and they are calling for a peaceful resolution to the conflict, he adds.
The gunmen chanted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest", in English), fired shots, and set homes alight when they raided Nanjaba village on Friday night, the state-owned Mozambique News Agency quoted survivors as saying.

Two people were beheaded in the village and several women abducted, the news agency added.

A separate group of militants carried out another brutal attack on Muatide village, where they beheaded more than 50 people, the news agency reported.
Villagers who tried to flee were caught, and taken to the local football pitch where they were beheaded and chopped to pieces in an atrocity carried out from Friday night to Sunday, privately-run Pinnancle News reported.

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
Really looks as if we're heading towards a future where nothing in the Western world will ever have an all-white cast. That's pretty much already happening with the adverts on British TV these days. In a country that's still 85-87% white, it's now the norm to see several adverts in a row where the central characters are black. The only ads where everyone's still white seem to be those occasional European adverts that have been redubbed for the British market. Of course, if you question it you're just a “racist”.
I've noticed this too. It's strange that it only applies to black people. Those from the Indian sub-continent, despite making up a far bigger percentage of the UK population are less likely to be seen. As for East Asians, Arabs or anyone else, forget it.

Last edited:

M1chl

Dec 25, 2019
Prague, Czech Republic

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA LOOK AT ME SHITTING ALL OVER YOUR CULTURE HAHAHAAH!

(Oh, but don't say bad things about me on Twitter or I will play my victim card)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU. YOU FUCKERS ALL DESERVE IT!!!

(I'm just an oppressed minority. Give me sympathy and status.)

HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHA REMEMBER WHEN THEY RETCONNED DR WHO TO BE A BLACK WOMAN? HAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAH
Cultural Appropriation bitch.

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
This is getting tiresome now.

When you actually read what he said it amounts to a slightly poor choice of words and phrases; it's hardly Mein Kampf.

I can never understand why the sensitive in these cases are valued above the stoic. It is claimed that he caused offence to certain communities. And yet, not all black people think alike and many will not be offended by what he said. Why then is it only the views of those who are offended that get taken into account?

Clear

Deer/Dur
Feb 2, 2009

When you actually read what he said it amounts to a slightly poor choice of words and phrases; it's hardly Mein Kampf.

I can never understand why the sensitive in these cases are valued above the stoic. It is claimed that he caused offence to certain communities. And yet, not all black people think alike and many will not be offended by what he said. Why then is it only the views of those who are offended that get taken into account?
its only a poor choice of words and phrases if you are deliberately looking for offence. Its fucking psychopathic.

SenseiKreese

Nov 9, 2018
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey banana farts is back!

Wait that reprobate is only 4' 11"?
Looks like we can add "stunted growth" to the list:

Poor growth – they may be smaller than average at birth, grow slowly as they get older, and be shorter than average as an adult

• Thoughtful
Reactions: MetalAlien

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014

Reminds me of the Amber Rudd incident:

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
Vice writes that Hanson fans are trying to cancel them for not saying the magic words

Wouldn't all the wokesters have already bailed on them for getting married early, and getting busy having kids?

SCB3

Nov 24, 2014
Vice writes that Hanson fans are trying to cancel them for not saying the magic words

Who gives a fuck about who says it or not, it's a choice and as the article says, they did eventually say it and have done things in the past to help African charities and stuff

It's never enough, never

NeoIkaruGAF

Dec 8, 2019

“It was very interesting.”
These people must be absolutely thrilled when someone they , uh, “like” gives them the glint of a chance to get outraged.

But cancel culture isn’t a thing, right?

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
A man rams a BMW into a north London police station, before pouring petrol on the nearby road and starting a fire:

Second video clip of the fire can be found below the first clip in the tweet:

Latest is counter-terror officers are monitoring the situation, although the initial view is that it isn't terror-related.

Last edited:

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
Gary Lineker can fuck off. I don't mind him being left wing and giving his opinion on social media, that's up to him. But this idea that there are "too many" people of a certain race is clearly racist.

If what Greg Clarke said was wrong (and I don't think it was) what has that got to do with other white people? Killing Victoria Climbie was wrong but does that mean there are too many black women having children in the UK?