• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drama Hariseldon’s World | Visits to this thread may adversely affect your faith in humanity

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
And people think China and Russia are the master propaganda pushers. This is worse than anything they could come up with. The arts are supposed to be the one place that is free of policing, where people have the freedom to tell the stories they want to tell regardless of political correctness or whom it may offend. Even in the 1600s guys like Molière and La Fontaine were able to criticize and make fun of society through their works. Looks like we've regressed beyond even that if we're going to subject every movie to a purity test.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Tik Tok skull breaker challenge

Humanity has bright future (y)
This has gone to far, talk about black approrpriaton of black movements. What else will white people on TikTok steal from black people. Think how many followers and how much money black people could make from breaking their skulls on line, yet white people are stealing that from them. SMH so racist.

WindomURL

Gold Member
May 15, 2019

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
Thought you might get a kick out of hearing about someone in my wife's online college class about black history.

This student got into it with the teacher the other week, out in the open on the class discussion forum. She was very upset that the teacher did not capitalize the "B" in black. The teacher told her that uppercase B and lowercase B are both acceptable. The student demanded that the teacher condemn the usage of lowercase, calling it discrimination (funnily enough she also said "white" a great many times and did not once capitalize the W). She felt it was discrimination because everyone capitalizes "Chinese" or "Mexican", for example, but capitalizing "Black" is seen as optional. Nevermind the obvious difference that those examples are named after countries instead of skin colors, so of course you would capitalize them.

This went back and forth for several fiery posts, going to places such as "of course they have a white person teaching Black history", and Poe's Law was in effect as well with the argument of "you don't want to question the conventions of capitalizing Black, but what if no one questioned Hitler??" Eventually she went as far as saying "I don't even care if I fail this class, I can't let this go".

I'm sure if she did happen to fail, she would completely own it as being her own fault and not try to pass it off as the system being rigged against her.

Fast forward to this week, she's posted a pic of herself and guess what? She's white. She also linked to an essay she did for another class which is chock full of terms like "folx" and "womxn".

Can't say I was surprised!

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Thought you might get a kick out of hearing about someone in my wife's online college class about black history.

This student got into it with the teacher the other week, out in the open on the class discussion forum. She was very upset that the teacher did not capitalize the "B" in black. The teacher told her that uppercase B and lowercase B are both acceptable. The student demanded that the teacher condemn the usage of lowercase, calling it discrimination (funnily enough she also said "white" a great many times and did not once capitalize the W). She felt it was discrimination because everyone capitalizes "Chinese" or "Mexican", for example, but capitalizing "Black" is seen as optional. Nevermind the obvious difference that those examples are named after countries instead of skin colors, so of course you would capitalize them.

This went back and forth for several fiery posts, going to places such as "of course they have a white person teaching Black history", and Poe's Law was in effect as well with the argument of "you don't want to question the conventions of capitalizing Black, but what if no one questioned Hitler??" Eventually she went as far as saying "I don't even care if I fail this class, I can't let this go".

I'm sure if she did happen to fail, she would completely own it as being her own fault and not try to pass it off as the system being rigged against her.

Fast forward to this week, she's posted a pic of herself and guess what? She's white. She also linked to an essay she did for another class which is chock full of terms like "folx" and "womxn".

Can't say I was surprised!
If enough people shit in the water supply, nobody can drink the water. These people are just shitting in our collective consciousness.

Reactions: hariseldon

600Breezy

Jan 28, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: Schrödinger's cat
Dec 15, 2011
Zuby's resiliant enough to take this in his stride. But he's been a problem for them as he refuses to "stay in his lane" and regurgitate dogma.

Wait.. a "pronoun enforcer"?

So preferences have turned into force.

This is exactly the point Jordan Peterson was warning everyone of when the internet was busy trying to lynch him.
:unsure:

"No, that's not a slippery slope! From where I stand it's a pathway up to enlightenment" - says the person at the bottom of the slippery slope.

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018

They really do look like a bunch of cunts don't they.

So white. Such witty sweary signs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kazza

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
turned on the tv at the gym today. news headline 'Trump tricked into eating vegetables'.

journalist has to be one of the least respected jobs these days

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
A headline to bemuse and entertain as you enjoy a new meme-worthy pic:

This is how they left the grass on College Green where they gathered before marching around Bristol (can verify - am in Bristol today, the march came right past me and yes Greta was at the front).

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011

This is how they left the grass on College Green where they gathered before marching around Bristol (can verify - am in Bristol today, the march came right past me and yes Greta was at the front).

"The authority has said it's currently too early to tell how much damage has been caused to College Green and that it will carry out a visual assessment over the next few days."