• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HarmoKnight |OT| Hunt to your own beat!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

7HK9xe5.png
  

ld18Ghc.png

mCX30lQ.png

2MS7Xvf.png

d89xuvf.png

      

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fun little game. I got bored with it after clearing 2 worlds in the Japanese version though.

Ok, I know literally nothing about this game except for what I just saw in this trailer. It looks kinda neat.

Just gonna get this out of the way - no hate intended, but is this less boring that Patapon? Is it anything like Patapon even, or does it actually play more like other rhythm games where you're just hitting buttons per visual cues? Biggest question, is this an all-action game, or does it have pseudo-RPG grinding?

Also, why does the header picture link to some video about a dude having his same-age father murdered over a new bike? :p

Forkball

I was very surprised at the price when I saw this on the eShop. They're really hoping Pokenerds bite. Seems fun but I don't think I'd play it for a long time.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't forget to charge your attack to earn more notes!

Also use Y-B interface than A-B!

Ok, I know literally nothing about this game except for what I just saw in this trailer. It looks kinda neat.

Just gonna get this out of the way - no hate intended, but is this less boring that Patapon? Is it anything like Patapon even, or does it actually play more like other rhythm games where you're just hitting buttons per visual cues? Biggest question, is this an all-action game, or does it have pseudo-RPG grinding?

Bit.Trip meets Rhythm Heaven with a dash of Space Channel 5

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Can't wait to try this, haven't played the demo yet.
The last video I saw reminded me of Maestro! Jump in Music for DS.

Is it similar in gameplay as well? Aside from the rhythm aspect.

zroid

Banned
YESSSSS <3

Thank you based Andrex

Can't wait to try this, haven't played the demo yet.
The last video I saw reminded me of Maestro! Jump in Music for DS.

Is it similar in gameplay as well? Aside from the rhythm aspect.

I'm not familiar with that game, but the closest analogue I can think of is Bit.Trip Runner. But HarmoKnight is much more of a rhythm game than BTR. Absolutely precise timing is always required. That's true for the regular platforming stages, at least, the boss stages are more simon says-esque like Space Channel 5 and some Rhythm Heaven games.

Go play the demo, guys, it's seriously great. Then check out the demo thread for an idea of what kinds of scores are possible! :)

Currently downloading, £12 is a bit "fff" but I really love music games and I played the heck out of the demo so picked it up. Just wish Nintendo had released this BEFORE Luigi's Mansion 2 and Lego City came out.

I guess NOE's logic is to get the Easter Holiday sales, but it would of eased the new year draught a little.

Also Tappy is adorable, I'ld love a plush version of him! ;_;

Patapon's a cool game, but I know exactly what you mean. No, this game is not like Patapon. Play the demo, you'll see.

If you played and liked Bit.Trip Runner, you will likely enjoy this.

No RPG elements, though. Come to think of it, Game Freak never made a game with RPG elements except Pokémon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Too swamped with games ATM, but I will pick this up for sure in the future because the demo was GREAT.

Selkies!

Will buy after I 100% Runner 2. This game doesn't make me replay the game again on 2 lower difficultys and fire myself at a target to get 100% right?

Boss Doggie

Will buy after I 100% Runner 2. This game doesn't make me replay the game again on 2 lower difficultys and fire myself at a target to get 100% right?

Well, you can always try for a higher score, and there's Speed Mode after getting Gold. There is technically no "perfect" score due to varying ways on getting notes.

Murrah

Banned
The demo was really awesome, but 15 bucks when I just played Runner 2 and have Luigi and Lego City both started...

Wish listing this for now and hoping I remember in like a month

Unless there's a Nintendo Show 3D this week with mah girl Jessie advertising it to me. Then I won't be able to resist

Tom_Cody

I played through the demo last night. I was expecting to love it but I left very disappointed.

This just doesn't seem to bring anything new to the rhythm genre. Does the full release have more gameplay depth?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
will sure buy it when its released over here. Demo made me a believer and the price of admission is completely justified by its quality

Boss Doggie

I played through the demo last night. I was expecting to love it but I left very disappointed.

This just doesn't seem to bring anything new to the rhythm genre. Does the full release have more gameplay depth?

Well expecting some form of originality in a rhythm game is hard to do. But consider it like this - it follows Bit.Trip's automatic moving forward with platforming, but has Rhythm Heaven's rhythm cues.

Top Bottom