• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix announces Fuser. Rhythm / Music mash up game.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

“From the creators of Rock Band and Dance Central comes FUSER™ - a nonstop virtual music festival where you control the music!

Combine elements of the world’s most popular songs to create your own sound or partner with friends on epic collaborations, then share your amazing mixes and headlining performances with the world! FUSER arrives Fall 2020.”

Coming to PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC.

Though many probably never got into DropMix (Harmonix’s physical card music mashing game), this is ultimately where that technology went too. Kinda excited because the music mixing in that game was pretty incredible,

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yep this is where the now dead DropMix tech went. They made over 300 cards for that game, (I have all but 2) so it is nice to see them reusing it. Not really sure about the gameplay yet though. The card game your fighting with cards and power levels, this looks like you are just dropping records to beats.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Honestly, I'm surprised Harmonix is still around. Last time I heard about them was that Apple TV exclusive they did. And then A City Sleeps? That one shmup game.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

Gameplay with the developers

not really sure what to think. The background effects and visual effects look like they came right out of rock band 3 outdoor festival (which to me is a great thing as it captures the vibe of a real show), but I’m not seeing the longevity in gameplay beyond pretty much being a digital version of DropMix’s freestyle mode (which is still fun).

The goals / “crowd” shout outs are just a way to earn additional points and force you to move onto a different mix. I guess “that’s the point of the game” type of gameplay is true, but it doesn’t seem quite as engaging or satisfying as jamming out a sweet solo on a fake guitar, or slapping down a rainbow card to completely change the music.

I hope they have some extra stuff under the hood they are saving beyond more songs, Which Harmonix is pretty good about doing for their games.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Bumping this because new songs were announced a couple days ago. I know people don’t give two shits but after listening to the new tracks for the past couple days there is going to be some amazing shit in this for mashups. I’m an unpaid HMX shill so here you are.

"Blah Blah Blah" - Armin van Buuren
"Mud On The Tires" - Brad Paisley
"Bodak Yellow" - Cardi B
Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe"
"Clocks" - Coldplay
"Don't Start Now" - Dua Lipa
"X Gon' Give It To Ya" - DMX
"The Message (2012)" - Grand Master Melle Mel
"Sucker" - Jonas Brothers
"Thrift Shop" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz
"Hot In Herre" - Nelly
"High Hopes" - Panic! At The Disco
"Give Me Everything" - Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
"I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" - Whitney Houston
"The Middle" - Zedd ft. Maren Morris & Grey

Additional songs already announced

50 Cent “In Da Club”
Billie Eilish “Bad Guy”
Blue Öyster Cult “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”
The Chainsmokers ft. Daya “Don’t Let Me Down”
The Clash “Rock the Casbah”
Fatboy Slim “The Rockefeller Skank”
Imagine Dragons “Thunder”
J. Balvin & Willy William “Mi Gente”
Lady Gaga “Born This Way”
Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road (Remix)”
Lizzo “Good As Hell”
LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock “Party Rock Anthem”
Migos “Stir Fry”
Post Malone “Better Now”
Smash Mouth “All Star”
Warren G & Nate Dogg “Regulate”

Some really great mixing opportunities with an additional 69+ songs left to be announced (over 100 on the initial set list)

Last edited:

Nico_D

Same. It sounds really good and there's ton of mixes but I don't get the point. When does it end? Is it some set time limit? How do you get stars? So far it seems like a toy, much, much easier than Rock Band.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Good ol Harmonix. We dug out my old Rock Band 2 instruments during the lockdown, and I'll be damned if it's not still fun as hell to play.

Playing Rock Band 2 is like a time machine to 2008. The instruments were well made, they sat in my (non-climate-controlled) attic for 10 years and still work like new.

I will buy this.

RavageX

Nah... Not for me.

Loved the original guitar hero... 1 and 2. Got me interested in gaming again. Was on board with rockband 1 2 and 3, made me get a ps3. Then was let down with rb4.

Quality of instruments(drums) dropped, and the DLC is awful now.

Moved to rocksmith.

I'm happy to see Harmonix creating new ideas with music games.

This is what DJ Hero should of been.

The first time I played DJ Hero, I was given a second song to que up and I didn't want to use it, the game was not having it, there was no other options. As a DJ, that is part of the appeal, choosing which songs to play. This game nails that aspect and does a good job of shifting pitch when mixing different songs that have widely varying Beats Per Minute.

While it looks fun, I do agree with the general consensus, there's not that much of a game when you're only fulfilling achievements made by the game, I do wonder if the online mode has a way for people to create achievements for the Fuser who is playing, the literal interpretation of someone requesting a song to a DJ.

It does look delightful and I can see market for people who would want this experience.

Deft Beck

Harmonix is afraid of making a music game with any kind of mechanical challenge. They also invested a lot of money into their Dropmix game which Hasbro didn't really want to push. This is their way of combining these two concepts.

Audica is more of a traditional music game than this, though it is just VR osu!

Last edited:

Bridges

bxifjmgjqzh51.jpg

New songs announcement.

I'm happy to see The Killers, a-ha, Amy Winehouse and Sean Paul. Disappointed in the Childish Gambino choice.

Overall though the setlist is shaping up to be pretty great.

Last edited:

Bridges

I'm seeing a lot of dropmix repeats.
Yeah, not really too surprising though. It's not uncommon to see Harmonix license a song and eventually release it across all their active games. "Call Me Maybe" was in Rock Band, Dance Central and DropMix before being announced for Fuser. This is the third Harmonix series with Sean Paul's "Temperature" featured. Etc, etc.

I'm personally hoping to see some of these songs make their way to Rock Band like "The Man".

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Yeah, not really too surprising though. It's not uncommon to see Harmonix license a song and eventually release it across all their active games. "Call Me Maybe" was in Rock Band, Dance Central and DropMix before being announced for Fuser. This is the third Harmonix series with Sean Paul's "Temperature" featured. Etc, etc.

I'm personally hoping to see some of these songs make their way to Rock Band like "The Man".

I think for what Dropmix was their soundtrack was pretty strong and Fuser seems to have roots in Dropmix so I think it'll be a good soundtrack. Did I miss a release date?

Bridges

I think for what Dropmix was their soundtrack was pretty strong and Fuser seems to have roots in Dropmix so I think it'll be a good soundtrack. Did I miss a release date?
Right now it's still Fall 2020. They seem to be pretty confident in it making it out by the end of the year though, and they already have post-launch DLC scheduled so I'm sure we'll hear something more specific sooner than later.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Right now it's still Fall 2020. They seem to be pretty confident in it making it out by the end of the year though, and they already have post-launch DLC scheduled so I'm sure we'll hear something more specific sooner than later.

I had a $20 coupon at best buy so decided to use it towards this. Looking forward to it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not my cup of tea, but a game like this could be huge with the Tik-Tok generation.

What about your cup of coffee?

I actually really think Dropmix is Harmonix best game by far. Its stupid how well it worked. I think that concept without the booster pack card nonsense could do really really well.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: JLB

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Dunno if it was posted but here's the Spotify playlist for all the songs announced for the game.

my favorite thing about this playlist is that they have the wrong old town road on their set list. And it’s been that way forever. They also have tons of wrong album art, but that’s being picky.

mine is correct however

but now I’m just digital dick waiving

tommycronin

my favorite thing about this playlist is that they have the wrong old town road on their set list. And it’s been that way forever. They also have tons of wrong album art, but that’s being picky.

mine is correct however

but now I’m just digital dick waiving

source.gif

Didn't notice this at all and thanks for the actual playlist. You gonna be updating it as they announce new songs yeah?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR

Collaborative multiplayer trailer + 3 songs announced

Weeknd - Blinding lights
Tones and I - Dance Monkey
Deadmau5 - ghosts n stuff (feat Rob Swire)

2 awesome songs and that piece of shit dance monkey baby talk song. Nuke the vocals with fire

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Collaborative multiplayer trailer + 3 songs announced

Weeknd - Blinding lights
Tones and I - Dance Monkey
Deadmau5 - ghosts n stuff (feat Rob Swire)

2 awesome songs and that piece of shit dance monkey baby talk song. Nuke the vocals with fire

:messenger_confused::messenger_confused::messenger_confused::messenger_confused::messenger_confused:

I WANT ROCKBAND COME BACK!!!!!!!

:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Bridges

I hate that "Dance Monkey" song, popped up multiple times in the direct. I like these games having some bad music though so I can slow down and warp the vocals and make an obnoxious mix.

"Blinding Lights" isn't surprising, that song is coming out tomorrow as Rock Band DLC.

I wish they would've had more time in the Direct to show off the multiplayer because it felt like they got a quarter of the time that Kingdom Hearts spinoff did.

Edit: looking at the trailer runtimes I guess they were about equal, they just really didn't make good use of their time in the Fuser trailer. I felt like if I hadn't seen the game before now I'd have had no idea what I was looking at.

Last edited:
Top Bottom