• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: Skytree Village for 3DS E3 Debut Trailer

Almond

13407264_10154195437748397_3926991895944292117_n.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJemu9tTdgI&feature=youtu.be

Looks like a rebooted The Lost Valley with newer character designs, an actual village, more/new villagers....and a poitu donkey!

prateeko

Who is this developed by? It was my understanding Story of Seasons is the "true" HM now and that the western HM sold by natsume is not developed by the same people who made the previous ones...

Ventara

Who is this developed by? It was my understanding Story of Seasons is the "true" HM now and that the western HM sold by natsume is not developed by the same people who made the previous ones...

Isn't it Natsume themselves? Not sure though.

Edit: Anyways, the game looks alright, or at least better than Lost Valley from what I recall of the trailer for that game. Might pick this one up. That voice was annoying, though.

I've always wanted to try one of these, but stardew Valley came out and I got that instead. What does this series have that stardew Valley didn't already offer?

Beartruck

Natsume was barely competent at publishing Harvest moon games, and as we've seen from the lost valley, they're even worse at developing. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.

casiopao

Tons of improvement over LV there. But Natsume still can further improve the game there. Animation wise and environment to make not to blocky. Going to buy the game for sure. LV while flawed, provide me 100 hours play time, so if this improvement, surely going to be more than happy to play even moar into the game.^~^

I've always wanted to try one of these, but stardew Valley came out and I got that instead. What does this series have that stardew Valley didn't already offer?
This isn't the Harvest Moon series that gained fans worldwide. It's a bastardization made by the people who own nothing more than the rights to the name now.
The true series is now published in the west as Story of Seasons.
Stardew Valley is already probably the best of this genre, though.

wildbite

Why doesn't Harvest Moon ever evolve? I wish they would bring in some of the best Animal Crossing elements to make the game more immersive.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather play Stardew Valley or Rune Factory if I'm craving a game with farming. However, between this and the new Story of Seasons, I think this is taking the series in a more interesting direction. The "real" Harvest Moon has had 20 years to perfect itself and I haven't been impressed with their recent games.

bomblord1

Banned
Well at least the character models are not complete garbage this time. And they seem to actually have a village.

Natsume seems to be starting to hit a stride after a few misses. I feel like after a bit more experience the games could really start to shine.

But holy crap that voice acting is awful.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
It looks a lot like TLV, which I heard a lot of bad things about. I guess it's not coming out this year? They didn't have a date.

I wonder how this new HM and SoS will do now that Stardew Valley is becoming more popular and spreading across more platforms, or if their publishing companies even know it exists.

So far they've been made by a company called Tabot. And this looks like it's building on TLV so it's probably the same company.

Grinchy

Banned
Only Nintendo could get away with showing a turd like this in 2016 and have it excite even a single consumer. This looks horrendous.

chiimisu

Looks a bit better than the previous one. But somehow still looks worse than A New Beginning, a 4 year old game of the same series :/

bengraven

Hmmm

I've been craving a new HM game

But I sorta just want to pick up Stardew Valley instead

I would recommend it heavily. It basically brings back the charm of the classic Harvest Moons.

I'll be honest, though: I've been disappointed with every HM since Back to Nature. They always seem to leave out or just poorly do my favorite portions of the game.

I'm holding on to hope we'll get SDV for 3DS.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wikipedia's telling me that Tabot is a Cave subsidiary? Cool!

It was, it isn't anymore.

Natsume USA has worked directly with Cave before, they developed the otome game Princess Debut. Why they decided Cave should be the ones to make this game, I have no idea.

Looks a bit better than the previous one. But somehow still looks worse than A New Beginning, a 4 year old game of the same series :/

No, sorry, they are two different series now.

The Bokujō Monogatari series proper goes (Everything named Harvest Moon prior to 2014) -> Harvest Moon: A New Beginning -> Story of Seasons -> Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns.

Marvelous gave the localization rights to their American subsidiary company, XSEED Games. They renamed the series overseas.

At the same time, Natsume started making their own new "Harvest Moon" games with 3rd party development studios, which they can do since they own the rights to that name as pertains to the video game industry in NA. That series goes Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley -> Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories -> Harvest Moon: Skytree Village.

If you're looking for the sequel to ANB, check out SoS.

enoki

This isn't the Harvest Moon series that gained fans worldwide. It's a bastardization made by the people who own nothing more than the rights to the name now.
The true series is now published in the west as Story of Seasons.
Stardew Valley is already probably the best of this genre, though.

This is correct!

I love Stardew Valley, a lot, but it still doesn't touch the best titles that released under Harvest Moon for me. It really didn't scratch that years-long itch that 64 and BTN have left me with.

Chaos17

Nice, I wanted to play an harvest moon game for a while now. It seems an upgrade from their previous game so I will probably buy this one instead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Natsume should get the Stardew Valley guy to make a sequel and publish it under the name Harvest Moon.

Everybody wins.

Dude can probably buy Natsume after the console release of Stardew Valley...lol.

GamerJM

Banned
Hmmm

I've been craving a new HM game

But I sorta just want to pick up Stardew Valley instead

If you don't pick up Stardew Valley you I would recommend the next Story of Seasons. For everyone not aware, these games are Harvest Moon in name only now if that wasn't clear.

@MUWANdo

Banned
This game comes out in NA in a few days and has already broken street date in a few places and peoples' impressions seem to be quite positive. Is anyone planning on making an OT or whatever?

Cindro

This game comes out in NA in a few days and has already broken street date in a few places and peoples' impressions seem to be quite positive. Is anyone planning on making an OT or whatever?
Friggin what?? I thought this was out in 2017!

I would absolutely follow an OT, if someone wants to make it. After this New Leaf update, I'm back in the full life-sim swing.

Top Bottom