• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

has amazon made peace with nintendo ?

Sendou

There you go.

This was just Amazon's way of telling how much Nintendo needed to bring black 3DS XL over.

Oersted

Interesting. It was obviously always only Amazon US, though.
I know, american forum and America is the centre of the universe.^^

spookyfish

Just in time for the Zelda XL! Suh-weet!

*I'm sure this is some sort of mistake ...

EDIT: Actually, all of the colors are "in stock and sold by Amazon.com"

Rocky

Banned
I think there's still problems. Amazon still doesn't offer release day delivery on Nintendo first party software and they aren't selling Wii Us either.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Vc5vh4m.gif

Eusis

Is it possible they just got someone's spare stock?

Though I'd think if the root of this was the scratching issue then instead it'd be stocking the 2DS that'd be the top priority, that does away with the scratching issue in the only sure fire way possible.
The thread title makes it sound like amazon is to blame for whatever happened. How do you know that?
You're also making the assumption only one side is to blame rather than issues on both sides that result in a falling out. Which is what it sounds like to me if I'm remembering right, with Nintendo not wanting to cover 3DS screen damage and Amazon just dumping the systems on them anyway.

CO_Andy

Huh. I could swore when i checked this morning that Amazon weren't selling these themselves.

Something happened within the last 24 hours...

Hiltz

Nintendo: How do you like it ?

Amazon: XL.

Nintendo: I thought so. You want to put it in?

Amazon: No, you do it for me. Hey, its Zelda-themed !

Nintendo: Yep. I thought you'd like that.

*five minutes later*

Nintendo: Break up sex is the best sex.

Amazon: Yeah, it really is.

Nintendo: So, can I put my Wii up your...

Amazon: Fuck U.

Nintendo: *sighs* Maybe next time.

OmegaFax

Prime expired and Amazon started collecting sales tax in my state back in September. Better late than never, I guess.

UNCMark

Banned
This appears to be limited to 3DS XLs only. They've done this before. I wouldn't presume the fight is over. NOA are complete idiots to have let the largest online retailer in the US go without stock for well over a year now. With the Wii U receiving less and less retail shelf space, you'd think Nintendo would want this at a place like Amazon. Now when consumers go to Amazon to look for the Wii U, they're greeted by 400+dollar units and a bunch of other over-priced options.

So why did they have a falling out? I heard it was over the screens on the 3ds scratching... but I've never seen amazon pull so many products and never get them back. They must have had a TON of people returning shit and NIntendo telling them to deal with it. I'm SHOCKED Nintendo didn't bend over backwards to work something out with amazon.

Top Bottom