• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has any French gaffer received one of those PS5 reservation emails from Sony?

Have you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Sacrebleu

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Toots

Gold Member
5Z2YrCg.jpg

Fig 1 : Jacques Ryan getting heckled by a buddy a mine

Pretty self explanatory.

I started longing for a ps5 a few month ago, when my ageing ps4pro started to go full jet engine mode almost constantely . As i was LTTP and had no luck, i couldn't get my hands on one.
Then i started to see mentions of reservation emails from sony.
But i never got one :/

This morning there was a thread from someone who received such an email, but like the goddam geek he was he already had a day one console so he didn't know what to do with it...
I had enough, so i phoned Jacques Ryan at playstation france to get to the bottom of this.
Couldn't get Jacques but the dude i spoke with told me that there were no such procedure in France and that the only way was to buy from a retailer i.e. get screwed by a scalper on amazon...
I don't feel the guy, he seemed to have that "i don't know about it so i'm gonna tell you it doesn't exist" vibe but then again i don't know, might be the ps5 starvation that makes me paranoïd.

So my question is :
Has any french gaffer has ever received one of those reservation email? If yes how? If no, does somebody have any other way to get one of those bad boys at retail price?

Thanks for the help guys and gyals :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

There was a thread on GAF about the program coming to Europe, it is Amuricas only until now. But haven't heard about any updates yet, maybe someone with more time can dig more on the matter.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Didn't receive it either. To get my PS5 I used an app (dealabs) to get alerts when new stock arrive and after 1 month I got one at Carrefour.

Toots

Gold Member
Thanks for the answers guys.
It doesn't look good for me, I wish i was one of those braindead influencers who got one without doing anything...

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I got mine on release day so I'm probably not eligible, but a good thing to try is to talk to the fnac staff for example, they can tell you when they'll get stock or if there's a good feeling between you they'll reserve you one.
That's what I did for the ps4 it worked very well and I got it day 1 too.Try to got in a smaller secluded store, they have less stock but are more flexible .

ANIMAL1975

Thanks for the answers guys.
It doesn't look good for me, I wish i was one of those braindead influencers who got one without doing anything...

Find you the thread mate:

The company’s US arm launched PlayStation Direct to sell consoles, games and accessories direct to consumers in September 2019.

A job advert posted last December suggested SIE was seeking to “build on the successful launch” in the US by bringing the store to Europe – a plan it confirmed during an investor relations event on Thursday.

During Sony’s current business year (FY21) ending in March 2022, the company intends to launch PlayStation Direct in Germany, the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg.

PlayStation-Direct-Europe-rollout.jpg

“PlayStation Direct has achieved significant revenue in the US market within little more than a year of starting operations,” SIE president and CEO Jim Ryan said during a presentation.

“We plan for 300 percent further growth within this fiscal year, helped by our upcoming launch in Europe.”

In a presentation slide, Sony said PlayStation Direct generated over $5 million in FY19, over $200 million in FY20, and is expected to bring in over $600 million during the current business year.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Find you the thread mate:
Thanks a lot!
thread kinda went to sleep in june but i'll monitor it.

All i've got to do now is to apply and get the job, and i can send myself a reservation email :messenger_sunglasses: (seriously i hope they'll start rolling the french email campaign soon!)

E Elbow Identity Shallow you got one from playstation uk? That would mean that they started the european email campaign. Did you get it recently?

I got mine on release day so I'm probably not eligible, but a good thing to try is to talk to the fnac staff for example, they can tell you when they'll get stock or if there's a good feeling between you they'll reserve you one.
That's what I did for the ps4 it worked very well and I got it day 1 too.Try to got in a smaller secluded store, they have less stock but are more flexible .

Salut Azzy, i hope you're in good health!
You're right, being friend with a reseller is a good way to get one, but it pisses me off and i don't want to do that just to get a console (i'm dumb)

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Thanks a lot!
thread kinda went to sleep in june but i'll monitor it.

All i've got to do now is to apply and get the job, and i can send myself a reservation email :messenger_sunglasses: (seriously i hope they'll start rolling the french email campaign soon!)

E Elbow Identity Shallow you got one from playstation uk? That would mean that they started the european email campaign. Did you get it recently?

Salut Azzy, i hope you're in good health!
You're right, being friend with a reseller is a good way to get one, but it pisses me off and i don't want to do that just to get a console (i'm dumb)
Thanks man yeah I'm good just a few months of chemo and I should officaly be cancer free again. aYeah you need to stumble upon a good employe and a few seconds of talk should do it.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Salut les frenchies !

Got mine on release day at Fnac, so i shouldn't, by any logic, receive a reservation e-mail. Well i just checked my playstation e-mails from the last 3 months (all safely stored on my spam folder)... And non non i didn't get a reservation mail.. Sorry.
9 months in and still no PS5 available for a sane price it's a sad joke. Christmass will be a butchery.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Nop, and that's sad because I want to buy one. I guess I'll wait till God Of War Ragnarök is released.

Ah, forget what I said.
I'm in the UK but having checked again it was actually sent to my USA account, I got it yesterday and didn't check it properly as we managed to get a PS5 some time ago. Sorry, I really should have checked it first before posting. :pie_sad_relieved:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Haven’t received anything yet. So i bought an XSX instead. A few weeks ago, la FNAC offered 10€ in cashback for every 100€ spent. Bought my XSX + 1 year of XBL gold.

I’m just fed up with chasing a PS5….
Gold ,not GamePass?

bender

What time is it?
They stopped sending them to the French because they kept surrounding their emails to other countries.

tenor.gif

recursive

Not French but in the US and I recieved one a few weeks ago. I already have 4 from day one in the house for the family so I didn't get in on it. No interest in scalping, figured my needy bros needed a shot at getting greatness so I let it ride.

HDM

Has any french gaffer has ever received one of those reservation email? If yes how?

Non.

I bought mine from amazon UK, 371 euros fdpin. it was a morning when there was movement at 9am on Deal Labs/Chocobonplan (PS5 on Amazon Italia if i remember correctly), so I watched (F5 F5 F5) amazon DE and UK for 20 minutes and voilà.

Top Bottom