• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has any of your last 10 GOTYs made it into your All-time Top 10?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Final Fantasy Tactics maybe? But I played that thing many years after it came out. I couldn't even tell you my top ten. I feel like it changes with my mood.

odhin

Only Last of Us and Bloodborne I think (2013 and 2015).

EDIT: Forgot one... Xenoblade Chronicles

Last edited:

kunonabi

Congratulations, you're the one person on the planet who liked Shenmue 3. And Other M and Starfox 0. Are you feeling okay?

Feeling great, thanks for asking.

I'll qualify the Shenmue 3 pick since my affection for the series has alot to do with it but despite the limp ending and poor combat the game mostly delivered on what I expected when I backed it. Death Stranding would most likely beat it on more objective terms but I havent beaten it yet which disqualifies it from consideration at this time.

The Fighting EX Layer selection is the real fraud since I'm so backed up on games that it kind of won purely because I havent finished anything else I bought that year.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
this generation has had so many great games and there are definitely in my all time favourites.

botw - 2017
witcher - 2015
bloodborne - 2015
persona 5 - 2017
rocket league - 2015
gta v - 2013
tlou - 2013 (NOT part 2!)

i know i have multiple games from a year but it's too damn hard to pick one.

Last edited:

brenobnfm

Bloodborne/The Witcher were a tie for me in 2015, both in my top 5. Hitman, Resident Evil 2 and Spider-man are contenders.

By the other side, God of War and Breath of the Wild made the Top 10 overrated games of all time.

kunonabi

Bloodborne/The Witcher were a tie for me in 2015, both in my top 5. Hitman, Resident Evil 2 and Spider-man are contenders.

By the other side, God of War and Breath of the Wild made the Top 10 overrated games of all time.

Breath of the Wild went from an easy top 50 game for me to not even having a shot at the top 200 by the time I finished it. Never had such a change of heart for any other game I can think of.

brenobnfm

Breath of the Wild went from an easy top 50 game for me to not even having a shot at the top 200 by the time I finished it. Never had such a change of heart for any other game I can think of.

It's great until you realize its just a glorified tech demo.

bender

What time is it?
I could talk myself into Rocket League or Bloodborne. 2015 with that killer one-two punch.

zelhawks37

That's an unusual list, i love some of your games though, Trails in the Sky is amazing.
I forgot to put Perfect dark and Xenoblade Chronicles in my honorable mentions.
I was disappointed in Xenogears.
I need to give House on Fata Morgana a try, i heard a lot of good things about it.
The list is indeed unusual. My top 5 personal favorites are RPGs, then it goes through different genres. What disappointed you about Xenogears? House on Fata Morgana is definitely a slow start (Like the Trails series), but it makes the later parts that much better. Oh, and shout out for including FF6 and FF9 on your list.

ZZZZ

The list is indeed unusual. My top 5 personal favorites are RPGs, then it goes through different genres. What disappointed you about Xenogears? House on Fata Morgana is definitely a slow start (Like the Trails series), but it makes the later parts that much better. Oh, and shout out for including FF6 and FF9 on your list.
I finished Xenogears once in 99 or 2000 i think? i don't remember anything about the game except leaving disappointed. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
I don't mind slow starts, will probably get it since it's on sale(House on Fata Morgana).

Top Bottom